Kiernan case dismissed

Smile

A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following case:

Player: Robert Kiernan (Rangers FC)

Match: St Johnstone v Rangers (Scottish Premiership) – Wednesday, 28th December 2016

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:

Rule 200 - In that on or around the 42nd minute of the above match you committed an offence listed in the Schedule of Offences contained in Annex C to the Judicial Panel Protocol, namely A2, Violent Conduct. That you committed this offence by striking an opponent, namely Steven Anderson of St Johnstone Football Club, upon the body. That by committing this offence you breached Disciplinary Rule 200 of the Scottish FA’s Disciplinary Rules.   

Outcome: Not proved; claim dismissed.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=16718

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, billscott said:

it was a joke he was even charged i know he touched the boy but these sort of things happen in every game

trying not to be biased but i wonder if it had been any other club  whether we would have heard anything

Look at the game at Ibrox against Aberdeen. Aberdeen boy cracks Wallace with a deliberate elbow. Not one mention of it again. Trial by media as per, and we all know what team they are most interested in...

3 minutes ago, billscott said:

it was a joke he was even charged i know he touched the boy but these sort of things happen in every game

trying not to be biased but i wonder if it had been any other club  whether we would have heard anything

I'm sure there was an incident when one of the players scraped his studs deliberately down one of our players face in the same game, Ignored by the impartial presenters. 

7 minutes ago, billscott said:

They wouldn't have been on the TV so unlikely

The Light Blues centre back successfully challenged a violent conduct charge at Hampden.

The centre back chose to challenge the compliance officer's violent conduct charge at a Hampden hearing after being accused of striking his opponent during the 1-1 draw on December 28.

Anderson accused Kiernan of aiming "a clear punch" to his ribs but a Scottish FA judicial panel dismissed the claim, delivering a not proven verdict.

Kiernan will be available for selection for Rangers' Scottish Cup tie against Motherwell on January 21.

Ibrox boss Mark Warburton had expressed his bemusement over the incident before suggesting there was a "conflict of interest" in BT Sport pundit Stephen Craigan, who is part of Motherwell's coaching team, highlighting it on TV.