*** The Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

9 minutes ago, aitch12 said:

As the commentator said"if you've got Kenny Miller you've got a chance". Seems to me he's the only player moving at the pace needed to make the system work. We seem devoid of ideas in the final third. 

Funnily enough, before he scored I was thinking to myself that he was having the poorest game I've seen of him for a good while. Just goes to show even at 37 you can't write him off.

I agree though, we are too lacking in creativity. McKay does what he does but he can be predictable at times. Other than him we've not really got a consistent creative spark.

Predicted a 2-1 win for us but didn't think it would come like that reliefed and £100 richer. Kenny superb. Wiser than everyone else on that pitch by a mile. Just feel like we have so much possession and dnt create enough for it. Wish teams would have more of a go against us instead of sitting in all the time then think we really would see us in a better light!

Our biggest problem is not moving the ball quick enough along with the constant wrong passing decisions, Absolutely schoolboy error stuff at times.

When we break down an attack, The keeper throws the ball about 40yards,Our defender runs onto it,Passes it forward for our wide player MO to continue forward, Our forwards run into good positions awaiting the cross from MO.

That's the way it's supposed to work, Instead today for example we break down an attack and big Wes collects the ball with most of the Motherwell players out of position and throws it out wide about 40yards to Hodson and then Hodson stops the ball,Takes an extra touch and it's back towards our keeper and all the Motherwell players are back in position and gaining absolutely no advantage from a very quick long throwout.

The football at times is absolutely turgid to watch, Funniest thing today was the linesman calling Wallace offside in the second half when he was about two yards onside and bonus item was watching McGoo about to burst out crying because he's only felt that low twice in his career, Strange that he lost 9-0 to his beloved celtc and didn't bother him, But absolutely devastated losing 2-1 to Rangers.

To piss him off even further we should all start a rumour next Friday saying Rangers are about to put in a bid for his striker Moult and then watch the media circus of Rangers trying to play mind games and put the player off his game in an important league match.. Then again they had nothing to say about McGoo and his club playing the same mind games before a cup tie.

McGoo will want revenge next week and we will need to improve to come away with the three points, We can't afford to drop anything with the sheep breathing down our necks and with a game in hand.

For a game live on tv,cold and not on season books,Lunchtime kick off it was an excellent crowd of 32,000 today.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Sign up Neil McCannas a coach? Based on what? Because he can read the game from a TV screen? Get real. He has absolutely no track record of working with or developing players or making teams better. He's a pundit who is honest and can read the game. What he would make is a fantastic analyst for the club, not a coach ffs. 

Correct folk are creaming themselves cause he talks a good game,so does our gaffer 

On Fri Jan 20 2017 at 1:17 PM, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Would rather 25000 that actually want to go than a full stadium where people turn up out of habit.

Im on cccs so will be there.

In saying that thought it was over priced. 20 for me and 7 for the wee man for a rearranged home kick off on tv was expecting 15 and 5

It IS only 15 for auld bastards like me.

On 21/01/2017 at 3:05 PM, Jimbeamjunior said:

you cant blame a centre half for being in a poor position to deal with a cross into his own box that the right back has to try and defend?????????????????????????

dear lord................................................

You did read my post, right? Here, I'll quote it for you ... "You can blame him for being in a poor position for a cross that should never have come in, but nowt else."

So, yes, I DO blame him for being in a bad position ... ??

Dear lord .......

7 minutes ago, GoramsLeftThumb said:

You did read my post, right? Here, I'll quote it for you ... "You can blame him for being in a poor position for a cross that should never have come in, but nowt else."

So, yes, I DO blame him for being in a bad position ... ??

Dear lord .......

it wasnt just poor positioning was it, it was ball watching, no awareness of the danger around him, lapses of concentration allowing his man to walk away from him, the fact that he was 6 yards deeper than his backline to the point where we actually tried claiming offside against the crosser only to see the nugget kiernan playing him on

kiernan is a fucking diddy, a multitude of different errors in that goal all came from him and no one else