Barrie McKay Wanted

Bluebear11

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, WGOH said:

He got kicked a fair few times at Hamilton, got back up and kept playing. Against Hearts Paterson nearly fucking killed him, he got back up and kept playing.

Ok. 3 times out of 20 odd games.

There's a difference between playing on and playing well. I thought he was awful against Hamilton tbh, he couldn't beat the first man with his crosses. 

Against the tarriers he actually still came back and influenced the game for us. Our best player by a mile that day. Until that sort of performance becomes the norm for him then people are dreaming if they think he's going for £5m.

Some people on here putting ridiculous price tags on a player that might turn out to be good.

There's a video on the forum somewhere that I think RFCRobertson posted and it had the usual deluded ones wanking themselves silly over it because he was fouled a few times in the clip and we all know that "they cunts can only stop Oor Barrie by kicking him".

Well actually, no, the best way to stop him is to let him run down the wing and attempt a cross because anyone that watched the video without the blue tinted specs on could see he's a winger who can't cross a fucking ball.

He has an unbelievable first touch and a wee bit of skill about him but at the moment that's about it.

2 minutes ago, alistairr_1 said:

If we want to have any chance of qualifying for Europe we need to hold onto barrie.  There is absolutely no chance any money would be reinvested into the squad,  look at our results when Barrie was struggling for form. 

He played well and we still drew with St Johnstone and lost to the taigs at home.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Ok. 3 times out of 20 odd games.

There's a difference between playing on and playing well. I thought he was awful against Hamilton tbh, he couldn't beat the first man with his crosses. 

Against the tarriers he actually still came back and influenced the game for us. Our best player by a mile that day. Until that sort of performance becomes the norm for him then people are dreaming if they think he's going for £5m.

Some people on here putting ridiculous price tags on a player that might turn out to be good.

There's a video on the forum somewhere that I think RFCRobertson posted and it had the usual deluded ones wanking themselves silly over it because he was fouled a few times in the clip and we all know that "they cunts can only stop Oor Barrie by kicking him".

Well actually, no, the best way to stop him is to let him run down the wing and attempt a cross because anyone that watched the video without the blue tinted specs on could see he's a winger who can't cross a fucking ball.

He has an unbelievable first touch and a wee bit of skill about him but at the moment that's about it.

Completely disagree re Hamilton, thought he was excellent. Yes his final ball isn't good enough most times but I don't think he is a winger. He's a no10 player, basically admitted as much himself. 

Technically he's great, got time on his side and will get better with more experience, why shouldn't we talk him up? He's our best player.

He was honking at the start of the season, he really was , but he has been improving with every game since Warburton brought him back into the team which I don't think its coincidential.

we'all agree to disagree, but he's worth more than 2m imo, much more.

27 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You want a club to pay us 4 million to take Barrie McKay on a 5 month trial?

I know it would never happen but it was just an idea with all the mental money being thrown around, just means we get a good deal and they don't get lumbered with a player that won't get a game

12 minutes ago, 'nessBear said:

I still think there's something to this rumour. They spent 13 Million on Oliver Burke who was just a decent English Championship player so the McKay 'offer' ain't far fetched with the wealth of Red Bull.

King would have had an orgasm when he heard the 6 Million stories. He'll be on the phone whoring Barrie out to the Germans. Would like more but we simply can't turn that amount down.

I doubt we would turn down 2.5 million with only 18 months left on his current deal. Buyers are only going to pay what the club is willing to sell him for, no more.

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Completely disagree re Hamilton, thought he was excellent. Yes his final ball isn't good enough most times but I don't think he is a winger. He's a no10 player, basically admitted as much himself. 

Technically he's great, got time on his side and will get better with more experience, why shouldn't we talk him up? He's our best player.

He was honking at the start of the season, he really was , but he has been improving with every game since Warburton brought him back into the team which I don't think its coincidential.

we'all agree to disagree, but he's worth more than 2m imo, much more.

This is exactly it. The boy isn't a winger, he been asked to do the job because he can beat a man and is rapid, however as we see many times it's not always natural for him to run at a man. If he's in the middle he would have the opportunity to use his best attribute, which to me is his ability to pick out a pass. Not whipping balls into areas where people are static, but picking up runs and sliding balls into the channels or over the top, some of his passing is sublime.

If we were to take 2m for him it would be a tragic state of affairs.

the trouble is finding another player of the same calibre for less money. I don't go for this daily record hares us crap - they're just interested in selling papers - but they are fawning over Celtic eight now and carrying lots of vague, speculative stories that end up with us losing players.

McKay doesn't generally go in for 50/50s along with 90% of other wingers/ flair players but for some reason some people expect him to start kicking people up and down the park.

Of course it looks terrible seeing him shite out tackles but it happens with that type of player at just about every club. IMO a winger shitting out of tackles doesn't make him any worse a player.

It's all a load of shite, a distraction.

We're spending fuck all in the much vaunted "this is when ye'll see the money" January window and cunts the past week were getting restless. So what do you do if you're one of our enterprising board members? You get your PR chums to get their journo pals to spraff some pish about one of our better players moving for an impressive sum and BOOM - every cunt gets excited about the windfall and it buys you three days until the fitba starts back the morra.

On 18/01/2017 at 11:30 PM, Bluebear11 said:

Sky Sports saying several PL and European clubs looking at signing Barrie. If it's 3m plus I think they would accept.  18 months left on deal.

Think it's more likely to be his agent looking for another deal at Rangers 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Posters just seem to be ignoring this.

Yeah but for some reason people on here pick and choose when they want to believe what's in the record. I don't believe any transfer story in any media outlet until they are sitting for a picture with contract in hand.

16 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Yeah but for some reason people on here pick and choose when they want to believe what's in the record. I don't believe any transfer story in any media outlet until they are sitting for a picture with contract in hand.

We get fed that must shit it's hard to believe anything till that happens.

I hope he stays with us for at least a couple of more seasons as he is our best player and most valuable asset. 

If we are serious about catching up with celtc we need to keep hold of our best players and add similar quality to our current squad.