We need a MON

plymouthranger

For the next manager, we need a MON type. Admittedly I've said that to get a bit of a reaction, and I'd never in a million years suggest we employ that rabid tadger... but in a way our current situation is very similar to what they went through 17 years ago.

In the summer of 2000, we had just ran away with the league by an almost record margin. By outspending all of our rivals, we had assembled a side who were almost unbeatable at SPL level. The scum were in disarray, and brought in someone known down south for making sides physical, imposing, and difficult to beat. Sadly, they were successful to a certain degree, and as a result pegged back a gap in the quality of the sides, that many at the time thought would be impossible to close.

Fast forward to the current day, we are now deemed to be years behind our rivals. Financially we aren't in the same playing field as them, and we have been failing to try and outplay sides for the better part of a year. We actually have elements of a side who can bully sides, with the likes of Garner, Hill, Waghorn and a few others who would be suited to it.

Under the current management we don't play this way, and never will. We won't under a deBoer either, so for people suggesting them I don't see how it solves the problem. Somebody like a Neil Warnock could probably be the kick up the arse we need now, just like they did with MON sadly!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Who is R B Leipzig's manager?

That is who we need.

Considering his team have been bank rolled by Red Bull I reckon most managers would turn out a decent team with the sort of money they have spent, cash is King, only not in our case.

Just now, BlueboyG said:

Considering his team have been bank rolled by Red Bull I reckon most managers would turn out a decent team with the sort of money they have spent, cash is King, only not in our case.

I know they have cash but they were organised, played some good football and were miles fitter than us - that takes input not cash.

Although cash does improve things...............

2 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

I know they have cash but they were organised, played some good football and were miles fitter than us - that takes input not cash.

Although cash does improve things...............

They spent 13mill on one player, good football can come easily with money spent like that

I can kind of see where the OP is coming from as we are too soft. We need a manager that will make us hard to beat FIRST and foremost. Once that happens then the forward players can go and express themselves. Right now we've got a team of pansies that crumble when the opposition score a goal. We don't necessarily need to play "prehistoric" football to get a manager in that will play a couple of big bustly players that would stop us getting bullied from middle to back.