We need a MON

plymouthranger

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What i would say in the last OF game of that season at Ibrox we destroyed them 4-0 and it really did look like we were so far ahead it would take years for them to get back if ever. Who would have thought in the next league game they would take 6 off us.

This current tarrier team are not the Harlem Globetrotters the media portray.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

For the next manager, we need a MON type. Admittedly I've said that to get a bit of a reaction, and I'd never in a million years suggest we employ that rabid tadger... but in a way our current situation is very similar to what they went through 17 years ago.

In the summer of 2000, we had just ran away with the league by an almost record margin. By outspending all of our rivals, we had assembled a side who were almost unbeatable at SPL level. The scum were in disarray, and brought in someone known down south for making sides physical, imposing, and difficult to beat. Sadly, they were successful to a certain degree, and as a result pegged back a gap in the quality of the sides, that many at the time thought would be impossible to close.

Fast forward to the current day, we are now deemed to be years behind our rivals. Financially we aren't in the same playing field as them, and we have been failing to try and outplay sides for the better part of a year. We actually have elements of a side who can bully sides, with the likes of Garner, Hill, Waghorn and a few others who would be suited to it.

Under the current management we don't play this way, and never will. We won't under a deBoer either, so for people suggesting them I don't see how it solves the problem. Somebody like a Neil Warnock could probably be the kick up the arse we need now, just like they did with MON sadly!

?

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

For the next manager, we need a MON type. Admittedly I've said that to get a bit of a reaction, and I'd never in a million years suggest we employ that rabid tadger... but in a way our current situation is very similar to what they went through 17 years ago.

In the summer of 2000, we had just ran away with the league by an almost record margin. By outspending all of our rivals, we had assembled a side who were almost unbeatable at SPL level. The scum were in disarray, and brought in someone known down south for making sides physical, imposing, and difficult to beat. Sadly, they were successful to a certain degree, and as a result pegged back a gap in the quality of the sides, that many at the time thought would be impossible to close.

Fast forward to the current day, we are now deemed to be years behind our rivals. Financially we aren't in the same playing field as them, and we have been failing to try and outplay sides for the better part of a year. We actually have elements of a side who can bully sides, with the likes of Garner, Hill, Waghorn and a few others who would be suited to it.

Under the current management we don't play this way, and never will. We won't under a deBoer either, so for people suggesting them I don't see how it solves the problem. Somebody like a Neil Warnock could probably be the kick up the arse we need now, just like they did with MON sadly!

Naw mate . I ain't going to diss your OP like the rest .

I love back to front football .Too many on here think we should be playing like Barca .

Look where trying to play silky ticky tak football has gotten us this year .

Times were different back then .

Beggars made all their signing strong and right down the spine of the team . Costing millions .

We just don't have that kind of money .

What I would agree with though . Playing the back to front football can always be successful in Scotland IMO .

And it's my opinion that doing this ,certainly mixing it up would be far more entertaining than the garbage we get under MW.

ffs . Not all mangers are like Ally

39 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I understand your point op. We are not going to beat Celtic with a similar style as we are trying to now. A physical side with a good defense and a couple of match winners is our best chance imo. 

O'Neil is a rat bastard. 

agreed

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

What i would say in the last OF game of that season at Ibrox we destroyed them 4-0 and it really did look like we were so far ahead it would take years for them to get back if ever. Who would have thought in the next league game they would take 6 off us.

This current tarrier team are not the Harlem Globetrotters the media portray.

Very true mate. The right manager who spends wisely could close the current gap easier than people think 

We've totally lost sight of the OP's salient point. At one point we heavily outspend the scum and appeared to be in an unassailable lead. They made an appointment that enabled them to bridge the gap in a way none of us foresaw whether we hate the cant or not. Did they back him well? Yes. But we still outspent them. We famously bought Flo for £12m right after they spent £6m on Mutton. We need to be clever and precise in our next appointment and find someone who gives us bang for our buck. Our budget is the 2nd biggest. We should be able to make short work of the other 10 in an ideal world and leave the scum with no margin for error. We should endeavour to bring about the same sort of swing the filth brought about that season.

4 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Sean Dyche is a guy I'd love to see here but unless we have genuine money to entice a guy like that then he wouldn't bat an eyelid, I say Dyche because I think he's peaked in England, rightly or wrongly I just dont see top clubs ever going for an English manager again, well for the foreseeable future anyway and unless an Everton or a club who'd need go be promoted like Villa or Newcastle went in for him I just dont see him doing any better than hes doing now, that's why it'd be a perfect time (if we had the means) to go there and give him the keys to Ibrox and all he required to get us back challenging.

pipe dream stuff right now, Billy fucking Davies will be polishing his shoes for next Season

I take it this thread hasn't gone the way the OP thought it would?

When I was reading MON, it took a few seconds for my brain to configure who MON was. The first person my brain came up with was Martin ONeil, but surely it couldn't be him, as I read further, it WAS HIM. A bad day at the office op?

If "MON" is who I think it is then -

First of all, Op is a taig

Secondly He left the tarriers with a worse record than Mcleish,  Mcleish was near hounded out, "mon" gets called god by them

Thirdly, The famine is over

And fourthly big jock knew

2 hours ago, Sulla said:

We've totally lost sight of the OP's salient point. At one point we heavily outspend the scum and appeared to be in an unassailable lead. They made an appointment that enabled them to bridge the gap in a way none of us foresaw whether we hate the cant or not. Did they back him well? Yes. But we still outspent them. We famously bought Flo for £12m right after they spent £6m on Mutton. We need to be clever and precise in our next appointment and find someone who gives us bang for our buck. Our budget is the 2nd biggest. We should be able to make short work of the other 10 in an ideal world and leave the scum with no margin for error. We should endeavour to bring about the same sort of swing the filth brought about that season.

Second biggest is still a fuck load less then biggest, in this case....

It's investment we need and Warbs just to tweak his 433 philosophy now and again....Then i believe we'd be heading in the right direction.

Certain players are not good enough for the SPL...Keirnan,Tav,Forrester,Haliday and must be replaced with real quality...Players like Hyndman and Toral on permanent deals or 18 month loans so we can get some momentum going...Garner can do it but not as a lone striker,he needs a partner to play off..

In my personal opinion and it may be outdated , we need a powerfull  spine to the side..Marvin Andrews,Stewart McCall,Mark Hately...players who can bully,dig and do the simple things and have young pacey talent around them...