Mark Warburton claims Rangers dismal form is just random

Smile

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I learned a lot from our previous owner at Brentford. He’s a mathematician and we learned a lot from him in terms of how he looks at games.

“The randomness, the ball goes to the back post, Kenny heads it to Jon Toral and it could go in. Joe Garner’s header pops off the goalkeeper, it could go in. Joe in the first-half at the far post is a stud away.

“There were so many random natures that didn’t go our way. Was their goal offside? I don’t know, it was tight. Not worth complaining about now."

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

He is now bordering on insulting our intelligence ..... he's missing the point we should be seeing numerous shots on goal corners chances AND still winning the game ffs what next ? Does he want a pat on the back for trying hard aswell? It's not 9/10 this is not a 1off game it's happened over and over again in the last 12 months ffs somebody get a grip of this guy and give him a shake it's embarrassing .

24 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You can kinda see what he's saying, but it's not necessarily what he should be saying or what we want or need to hear. Which isn't the first time we could say that about the gaffer.

Agreed, no one likes to hear it, but we dominate almost all homes games and maybe half of away games - we create chances. MW can't stick them away for Garner or whoever is there. 

His system (rightly or wrongly) enables us to largely dominate games, we should have more goals and more points. 

He keeps setting himself up to be slated though, stats on the number of shots on goal or highlighting the 'random' nature of the games are not what angry fans want to hear. 

And given all that's said, results are all that matters. 

Becoming a bit of a fucking rambling crackpot now, wish he would just stop talking  as the utter shite that's coming out of his mouth / arse right now is fucking embarrassing , I supported him for quite a while, was willing to give him a fair crack at the whip, defended him to others when on his back ,wish he would just get to fuck , the one thing I was really happy with was the way he spoke and behaved , as a Rangers manager should or so I thought, now he just sounds like a blethering idiot.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Well I suppose you could say that regarding our results and consistency - utterly random.

Random is putting a shine on it, I'd describe it as the below:

Disgrace

Embarrassing

Insult to Rangers

4 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

But we also could have been 3 down in the first 15 mins if county had taken their chances, works both ways!

Simple fact is we are not good enough boss !

:tu:

Spot on .... what we need is someone like that wee Dutchman up front for us .... that would help to reduce the fucking "random" effect.

:UK:

Remember the days when the only numbers that mattered were the ones on the scoreboard ?? Some games you left thinking oof got away with that or great we played well or shite what a terrible result !........ now we got warburton and his apologists coming away with "well we had a lot of corners and chances so we SHOULDVE won really" ffs brutal .... 2nd best mentality is the warburton effect.....

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

The way he will see it is that he made some big changes, the team played decent, made a lot of great chances that should have been taken.

Hard to disagree with any of that.

I can certainly disagree that the first half was decent, second half was better but hardly something to go mad about and you can't just play for half a game anyway 

28 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

Random? Maybe. But when you have a good manager, you get good results. If you combine a good manager with good players, you get better results e.g. Antonio Conte at Chelsea. 

So I make Mark Warburton losing the plot 

Exactly. Conte has changed his formation 3 times this season. He saw that 4-3-3 wasn't working. Changed to 4-4-2 - didn't work. He's now using 3-5-2 and he's winning. It's not fkn rocket science. Something needs done, the the most rancid tims in my work have stopped slagging me and I actually think they're feeling sorry for me now. One of them said yesterday that they were really looking forward to Rangers coming back for the challenge :depressed: 

I don't care how he see's it, it's been 10 months of utter shit and embarrassing results.

The mans coming across as a deluded fool now just like Tony all those seasons ago.

I honestly cringe whenever he talks now because you know it's going to mince. It's showing a sheer disrespect for the clubs support.

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

The way he will see it is that he made some big changes, the team played decent, made a lot of great chances that should have been taken.

Hard to disagree with any of that.

Yeah, but he should keep his mathematics shite to himself, it's the last thing any of us want to hear.

We do not care what he's thinking or what he expects is the problem, we want it fucking sorted and we want an admission it's not good enough and the players have not been good enough.

They need a kick up the arse and it seems by the way they talk they're not given that.

3 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Remember the days when the only numbers that mattered were the ones on the scoreboard ?? Some games you left thinking oof got away with that or great we played well or shite what a terrible result !........ now we got warburton and his apologists coming away with "well we a lot of corners and chances so we SHOULDVE won really" ffs brutal .... 2nd best mentality is the warburton effect.....

Apologists? I think almost everyone acknowledges MW isn't cutting it at the moment. 

But the bottom line is you could put Mourinho in charge and we couldn't win the league on this budget. 

Second is all we can achieve and hope for until the board finds funds or investors. And it's not changing anytime soon. It's not the MW effect, it's come from the chairman down. 

When we bump MW off and replace him with a bang average manager with no budget, we'll be in exactly the same situation this time next year again. 

You can shout 'aye but we're Rangers' all you like, doesn't change the circumstances. 

He thinks were daft and is just trying to cover his own arse

I honestly find It insulting when managers talk to us like we're idiots who havent a clue and will take a spoon feeding of shite whenever its offered and then continue to blindly throw our cash at the club

Get to fuck Mark, at least have the guts to admit your failings I'm already convinced your an imposter as manager don't make me think you're an arsehole too