DeanMK

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Your first paragraph kinda displays your intelligence level - low - as you totally missed the point - again! Happy to discuss politics and my support of the SNP with anyone at ibrox - 50-50 chance they'll agree with me but mainly we talk about the football cause the folks around me - that's why they go! 

I'm not one for associating politics with football personally, and there are more SNP supporters in our ranks than some would like to admit - but thinking there's a 50/50 chance is the epitome of fantasy land. 

2 hours ago, Lance1697 said:

Better than Halliday/Holt/Windass anyway...

Young player who Liverpool had for years, captains the England u19s in a squad which would absolutely tear our team to shreds. If he's fit he's the first name on that team sheet.

Can really compare him to windass completly differant player. He definitely is better than holt and Halliday by some way. 

2 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

Can really compare him to windass completly differant player. He definitely is better than holt and Halliday by some way. 

Agreed he is a different player but as long as he's played in the middle of the park then it's a comparison. 

As noted above I don't think the club or Windass himself know his best position, someone correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he play upfront for Accrington Stanley? Had a 1 in 2 goalscoring record last year i'm sure, albeit in league 2, surely didn't get that from playing Centre Mid

2 hours ago, Lance1697 said:

I'm not his biggest fan (Just wanted to make that clear lol) but in regards with signings..

Dodoo/Rossiter - looked 2 good young players at big clubs in England, on nominal training fees, they've still got the possibility to be good business if we can get them fit, both could be big parts of a new managers plans

Garner - Paid well over the odds but in the right team he can score goals (shown it at Preston in a 4-4-2) but that is one I blame Warburton for, never fit into his formation so shouldn't have been signed

Barton - Aye he came with baggage but the few years before he came to us he'd calmed right down and became a good player in the Championship (far better players than up here). Again it didn't work out and that falls on Warburton's man management.

Hill - Turned out to be a good signing, without him this season we'd have played Kiernan/Senderos at the back for almost the entire season...we'd be in a far worse situation I think

Kranjcar - Good player in his prime, was coming onto a game when he got injured, could've done a job for us up here in this league.

Senderos - The last signing I blame Warburton for, was a panic buy, no real excuses for that.

Aye it's a lot of if/buts and maybes and i'm starting to sound like Warburton but some of the signings looked to be good on paper, players the fans were happy with (Barton/Rossiter especially) so I have a degree of sympathy that some haven't worked out.

Over all signings have been poor. The average age along would make people think. Senderos 100% panic buy plus wanted a player everyone would know. Barton would of been fantastic but as I said before MW doesn't seem to be a good man manager. Dodoo and rossiter ?? Couldn't say, not seen enough to give a honest opinion. Both look good but what they like after getting a run ? Garner ??? Where to start. He needs a partner but MW isn't willing to try. I still doubt his goal scoring abilities. Nico I do like from his days at spurs but that was a while ago now and seems to get caught on the ball to often. Hopefully he will come back next season a differant player and be that guy we are missing. 

Hill. At 38! Been the best signing, for me that's just not good enough when looking at the signings. Not a dig at him but it's just not good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Lance1697 said:

Agreed he is a different player but as long as he's played in the middle of the park then it's a comparison. 

As noted above I don't think the club or Windass himself know his best position, someone correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he play upfront for Accrington Stanley? Had a 1 in 2 goalscoring record last year i'm sure, albeit in league 2, surely didn't get that from playing Centre Mid

I'm sure they played 4411 so he played just behind the striker. He's an attacking midfielder. This is just my opinion but I don't think he trusts the other middle two. (When it was holt and Halliday). If he's been told to get forward and create then you need to guys behind you that you trust will do your running and tracking back for you. They two aren't going to do that. Halliday has trouble passing to his own team mates never mind tackling his opponent. I want to see what windass is like with Toral and hyndman beside him. The better players you play with the better player you become. 

1 minute ago, CRARFC said:

I'm sure they played 4411 so he played just behind the striker. He's an attacking midfielder. This is just my opinion but I don't think he trusts the other middle two. (When it was holt and Halliday). If he's been told to get forward and create then you need to guys behind you that you trust will do your running and tracking back for you. They two aren't going to do that. Halliday has trouble passing to his own team mates never mind tackling his opponent. I want to see what windass is like with Toral and hyndman beside him. The better players you play with the better player you become. 

Makes more sense, didn't think he was an out and out striker but surely wasn't playing in a midfield 3 next to 2 clowns lol Halliday has been appalling but at the moment we don't have any fit players to play that defensive mid position, Hyndman was asked to play there on Saturday and it took him out the game completely, looked a shadow of the player from the Motherwell game.

Can tell Windass has talent, for whatever reason something happened around about christmas time and Warburton's dropped him ever since.

I'd rather have him on the right of the forward 3 (if Warburton is insisting we stick with the 4-3-3). Not 1 player has made that position his own, Waghorn/Forrester/O'hallaron have all tried and failed. He's an attack minded player but never a centre midfielder, got 2 good feet so can either take someone on down the wing or cut inside and is a good dribbler.

3 minutes ago, Lance1697 said:

Makes more sense, didn't think he was an out and out striker but surely wasn't playing in a midfield 3 next to 2 clowns lol Halliday has been appalling but at the moment we don't have any fit players to play that defensive mid position, Hyndman was asked to play there on Saturday and it took him out the game completely, looked a shadow of the player from the Motherwell game.

Can tell Windass has talent, for whatever reason something happened around about christmas time and Warburton's dropped him ever since.

I'd rather have him on the right of the forward 3 (if Warburton is insisting we stick with the 4-3-3). Not 1 player has made that position his own, Waghorn/Forrester/O'hallaron have all tried and failed. He's an attack minded player but never a centre midfielder, got 2 good feet so can either take someone on down the wing or cut inside and is a good dribbler.

Never thought about playing him on the right, probz a good idea. Hyndman is quality! I'm hoping they have agreed to take him next year if we get into Europe. Full season with him in the middle would be good. Halliday is just a mess. I don't think he's a bad player he's just not a CDM. You just have to look at him to see that. Just hope we can grind results out and get second place plus get rid of  warburton. 

15 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

Never thought about playing him on the right, probz a good idea. Hyndman is quality! I'm hoping they have agreed to take him next year if we get into Europe. Full season with him in the middle would be good. Halliday is just a mess. I don't think he's a bad player he's just not a CDM. You just have to look at him to see that. Just hope we can grind results out and get second place plus get rid of  warburton. 

Be stunned if we get him, Bournemouth must know he's a quality player. I had sympathy for Halliday because I agree he isn't a DM but it all went when he done an interview saying he thought that was his best position, it plays to his attributes and he's happy to play there....

If he's saying that to the press then what's he saying to the manager.

32 minutes ago, Lance1697 said:

Be stunned if we get him, Bournemouth must know he's a quality player. I had sympathy for Halliday because I agree he isn't a DM but it all went when he done an interview saying he thought that was his best position, it plays to his attributes and he's happy to play there....

If he's saying that to the press then what's he saying to the manager.

A lot of bull shit I think. Starting to feel sorry for the next manager (if one comes in) the squad needs a drastic over turn in players. 

14 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Your first paragraph kinda displays your intelligence level - low - as you totally missed the point - again! Happy to discuss politics and my support of the SNP with anyone at ibrox - 50-50 chance they'll agree with me but mainly we talk about the football cause the folks around me - that's why they go! 

50-50 chance they will agree with you? Again this displays your intelligence.

You discuss your love for the republican SNP in Ibrox, but don't be suprised if you don't get the response you thought.  

We are a British club what part of your SNP brain does not get that ?  You see 10 times more union flags than saltire, Why is that?   We sing rule Britannia and god save the queen when your so called party hate both , again what part of your twisted small mind does not grasp this.

As I said British and very proud like 99% of Rangers fans 

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

50-50 chance they will agree with you? Again this displays your intelligence.

You discuss your love for the republican SNP in Ibrox, but don't be suprised if you don't get the response you thought.  

Cunts like you need chased from Ibrox. Rangers fan my arse 

I'm not having a go but the guys clearly a twat. 50/50 chance of snp supports at ibrox is laughable. He's got fuck all to talk about apart from shit. 

25 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

A lot of bull shit I think. Starting to feel sorry for the next manager (if one comes in) the squad needs a drastic over turn in players. 

Squad does need an overturn to compete with the manky mob I agree but any half decent manager with a good understanding of how big this club is and what the fans demand would love to take the job, never feel sorry for any manager getting it.

That squad of players should be in 2nd place, comfortably, issue is we have a stubborn manager who everyone learned how to play against 6 months ago

20 minutes ago, Lance1697 said:

Squad does need an overturn to compete with the manky mob I agree but any half decent manager with a good understanding of how big this club is and what the fans demand would love to take the job, never feel sorry for any manager getting it.

That squad of players should be in 2nd place, comfortably, issue is we have a stubborn manager who everyone learned how to play against 6 months ago

Looks like Forrest job is off the table until the summer 

Had a look at a few papers when I was in the shop before lunch, and they all had this story, so I think he will be away before long. 

The Evening Times were making the point that this might unsettle MW, no great thought needed to go down that road but we seem to he heading for another clusterfuck. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I'm not one for associating politics with football personally, and there are more SNP supporters in our ranks than some would like to admit - but thinking there's a 50/50 chance is the epitome of fantasy land. 

Ok I'll give you 45-55 - but my main point is two fold - 1. The Rangers support is no where near unionist in reality that a few Uber's on here pretend - 2. If I wanted to talk politics at the football ( which I don't) then I don't think anyone I know or around me would be to upset that I support SNP 

( for the record - it was someone else that brought this topic up - one of the group that wants to invalidate all opinion if your an SNP supporter.) 

40 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

I'm not having a go but the guys clearly a twat. 50/50 chance of snp supports at ibrox is laughable. He's got fuck all to talk about apart from shit. 

For the record someone else brought the subject up - I mainly talk about the football - and how fucked  up some people are on here that think that support means hating players / manager and listening to the Sun Ffs the SUN!! OH DEAR. 

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ok I'll give you 45-55 - but my main point is two fold - 1. The Rangers support is no where near unionist in reality that a few Uber's on here pretend - 2. If I wanted to talk politics at the football ( which I don't) then I don't think anyone I know or around me would be to upset that I support SNP 

( for the record - it was someone else that brought this topic up - one of the group that wants to invalidate all opinion if your an SNP supporter.) 

You wish it wasn't

Its a free society so you can hold whatever political views you want but don't delude yourself that you're in anything other than a tiny minority in the Rangers support. You're still in a minority in the whole of Scotland as well while we're at it

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

You wish it wasn't

Its a free society so you can hold whatever political views you want but don't delude yourself that you're in anything other than a tiny minority in the Rangers support. You're still in a minority in the whole of Scotland as well while we're at it

That minority ? It is now about 50 50 - and I suspect the Rangers support reflects that and is about the same? I wonder who is the MSP for Govan? And it's MP ( or Glasgow south side as it now is) 

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

That minority ? It is now about 50 50 - and I suspect the Rangers support reflects that and is about the same? I wonder who is the MSP for Govan? And it's MP ( or Glasgow south side as it now is) 

I do keep an eye on these things apart from a couple of outliers haven't changed from 2014

The Rangers support certainly don't tie in with the whole population though we've always had a very distinct culture you don't really get elsewhere and Scottish nationalism doesn't fit with it. Your point about the constituency would have merit if most Rangers fans lived locally to Ibrox but our support is and always has been wide spread across the central belt as well as not insignificant numbers in further away parts like Edinburgh, the North and the Borders

By all means keep deluding yourself though!