McParland On His Way Out

DeanMK

Whether McParland is staying or not the scouting/recruitment department is atrocious. McParland should have been the first brought in of many in that department. 

We look at Warburton's signings and would generally agree they have been poor. Part of this is the managers fault as he definetely has the final say, but the quality of player being brought to him by our head of recruitment hasn't been good enough. In an age were there is so much football a manager or head coach needs people giving him on information on players from all sorts of places and not just the UK. This is why we have ended up with the Brentford and Watford brigade.

The fact we can't get players who haven't played on these isles is apalling in what is now a global game. I look at our budget compared to Hearts and look at some of the bargains they have got in the last 2 years. Surely with our bigger budget we could get better players from Europe or elsewhere!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

So your quite happy for the sun to tell lies about our fans at the cup final and support the SNP?  Nae bother Declan only a cunt from West Lothian could come up with shite like that.  

We Rangers fans hate the SNP as you well know if you ever even attend Ibrox.

Tell the cunts that's sit about you your views since you are so proud of them and see what your fellow fans think.

Your first paragraph kinda displays your intelligence level - low - as you totally missed the point - again! Happy to discuss politics and my support of the SNP with anyone at ibrox - 50-50 chance they'll agree with me but mainly we talk about the football cause the folks around me - that's why they go! 

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Your first paragraph kinda displays your intelligence level - low - as you totally missed the point - again! Happy to discuss politics and my support of the SNP with anyone at ibrox - 50-50 chance they'll agree with me but mainly we talk about the football cause the folks around me - that's why they go! 

50-50 chance :lol: what planet you on 

Haven't read all of this but the suspicious b'tard that I am just can't help think The Sun are stirring the s**t.

Maybe a way of MW getting a dig at the board for lack of funding or The Sun dragging the board into a shouting match with the Fans?????

17 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Haven't read all of this but the suspicious b'tard that I am just can't help think The Sun are stirring the s**t.

Maybe a way of MW getting a dig at the board for lack of funding or The Sun dragging the board into a shouting match with the Fans?????

If that's the case then good about time the media done us some good 

they can influence so I don't know why fans who want change for the better and action have issues with the papers saying the same things as they are themselves 

One scout, who signed players almost exclusively from one agency. 

Best part of two years in the job and we still have one scout:lol: FMP is a wee fat crook cunt going by his past dealings. 

MW can smooth talk all he wants and use his experience in the city but the fans have caught on now and these two should be out on their arses. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

One scout, who signed players almost exclusively from one agency. 

Best part of two years in the job and we still have one scout:lol: FMP is a wee fat crook cunt going by his past dealings. 

MW can smooth talk all he wants and use his experience in the city but the fans have caught on now and these two should be out on their arses. 

or the half a dozen players he's signed that's been shite but from an agency his own daughter is high up in (maybe even director level would need it clarified) 

Just now, K.A.I said:

He's to blame for them all he's the manager he signs them 

I'm not his biggest fan (Just wanted to make that clear lol) but in regards with signings..

Dodoo/Rossiter - looked 2 good young players at big clubs in England, on nominal training fees, they've still got the possibility to be good business if we can get them fit, both could be big parts of a new managers plans

Garner - Paid well over the odds but in the right team he can score goals (shown it at Preston in a 4-4-2) but that is one I blame Warburton for, never fit into his formation so shouldn't have been signed

Barton - Aye he came with baggage but the few years before he came to us he'd calmed right down and became a good player in the Championship (far better players than up here). Again it didn't work out and that falls on Warburton's man management.

Hill - Turned out to be a good signing, without him this season we'd have played Kiernan/Senderos at the back for almost the entire season...we'd be in a far worse situation I think

Kranjcar - Good player in his prime, was coming onto a game when he got injured, could've done a job for us up here in this league.

Senderos - The last signing I blame Warburton for, was a panic buy, no real excuses for that.

Aye it's a lot of if/buts and maybes and i'm starting to sound like Warburton but some of the signings looked to be good on paper, players the fans were happy with (Barton/Rossiter especially) so I have a degree of sympathy that some haven't worked out.

1 minute ago, Lance1697 said:

I'm not his biggest fan (Just wanted to make that clear lol) but in regards with signings..

Dodoo/Rossiter - looked 2 good young players at big clubs in England, on nominal training fees, they've still got the possibility to be good business if we can get them fit, both could be big parts of a new managers plans

Garner - Paid well over the odds but in the right team he can score goals (shown it at Preston in a 4-4-2) but that is one I blame Warburton for, never fit into his formation so shouldn't have been signed

Barton - Aye he came with baggage but the few years before he came to us he'd calmed right down and became a good player in the Championship (far better players than up here). Again it didn't work out and that falls on Warburton's man management.

Hill - Turned out to be a good signing, without him this season we'd have played Kiernan/Senderos at the back for almost the entire season...we'd be in a far worse situation I think

Kranjcar - Good player in his prime, was coming onto a game when he got injured, could've done a job for us up here in this league.

Senderos - The last signing I blame Warburton for, was a panic buy, no real excuses for that.

Aye it's a lot of if/buts and maybes and i'm starting to sound like Warburton but some of the signings looked to be good on paper, players the fans were happy with (Barton/Rossiter especially) so I have a degree of sympathy that some haven't worked out.

Rossiter seems to be some sort of footballing god 

Just now, K.A.I said:

or the half a dozen players he's signed that's been shite but from an agency his own daughter is high up in (maybe even director level would need it clarified) 

It's quite remarkable looking back at MWs soundbites and realising he talks one pile of pish now. A backed the guy right up until that Hearts game but since then it's been a massive eye opener. 

Best in the business scout, who shops in MWs words "the most overinflated market in football". 

The more you think about it the more FMP is just another wheeler dealer scout who got lucky with players like Sterling. 

No wonder the cunt is running about in a Rolls Royce. Really unfortunate we've been caught up in this again. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Rossiter seems to be some sort of footballing god 

Better than Halliday/Holt/Windass anyway...

Young player who Liverpool had for years, captains the England u19s in a squad which would absolutely tear our team to shreds. If he's fit he's the first name on that team sheet.

1 minute ago, Lance1697 said:

Young player who Liverpool had for years, captains the England u19s in a squad which would absolutely tear our team to shreds. If he's fit he's the first name on that team sheet.

How he's the captain of anything Is a mystery to me 

but what I think doesn't matter as he won't imo do anything here and will be playing for Tranmere this time in 2-3 years 

Windass is a good player when fit 

3 minutes ago, Lance1697 said:

I look forward to the 2018-2019 team sheets, you are at it?

Just now, K.A.I said:

How he's the captain of anything Is a mystery to me 

but what I think doesn't matter as he won't imo do anything here and will be playing for Tranmere this time in 2-3 years 

Windass is a good player when fit 

Really hope you're wrong as I can see him being a great player but his fitness level is shocking and if it keeps up he could well end up in the lower leagues in a few years time

Windass can be a good player I agree but honestly don't know his best position (don't think he does either)

10 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Absolute nonsense. No wonder no one can take you seriously