Current squad and next season

Amato

Which players from the current squad do you see going on to be successful under a new manager? I don't see a wholesale clear out happening as frankly we aren't in a position to bring in a load of new players without getting rid of a lot of the duds currently in the squad.

Foderingham: still has best years ahead of him and don't see a new manager wanting rid, though Warburton might come in for him depending where he ends up.

Wallace: comes in for criticism at times but is the club captain and knows what the club is all about. Imagine the new manager will want to keep him.

Wilson: tin hat on here but still only 25 and can actually pass the ball, with a good quality, experienced CB next to him I think he'll form part of the new central defensive pairing.

Rossiter: will be key part of the midfield for years to come. In 7 to 10 days.

McKay: youth on his side and still has time to develop a better end product. Will be a first teamer without a doubt.

Waghorn: hasn't done it this year but I think he's low on confidence and might well shine under the new manager. He gets some pelters on here but I have faith.

There are others who I'm undecided on such as Dodoo, Windass and Garner. Miller I'm sure will play a role but he's not getting any younger.

Guest Lloyd72

Wes (Best keeper in the league)

Tav (Would like to see what he can do under a coach who practices defending?)

Wilson (Same as Tav)

Hill (Good Experience and gets the club)

Wallace (Same as Tav)

Rossiter (obvious reasons)

Windass (has potential as a wide midfielder)

Forrester (decent impact player, no idea why he doesn't start ahead of holt)

Waghorn (needs to play as a striker)

Miller (same as Hill)

Dodoo (has potential as a striker)

Garner (needs a partner)

Baz (he's just class tbh)

Wes. - He's been getting better and better, one of the few who has actually progressed.
Tav - I'm still convinced hes a RW, and probably should be put as a RW for Martyn Waghorn, they have a bit of chemistry.
Danny Wilson - When paired with Clint Hill, he seems to play better. I can't say the same for Keirnan, he's just not a ball player.
Hodson - I think lack of match time has hindered him, communication wise he's ropey. But I think he has plenty to show ability wise.

I have little hope for the midfield outside of Jon Toral and Emerson. I know Niko has quality but who knows how much the injury has set him back.

Barry McKay - I feel he's growing up a bit now, doesn't drop the head as much as before.
Waghorn - Out of the attacking players we have I feel he has been able to adapt to playing wide or central. Players like Michael O H and Garner seem to have potential, but just not with our system. I love the work rate of either of them, but there seems to be no real benefit in playing them.

I had hope for Michael, pace like that is what we have been missing down the other side. Tav is quick but he's supposed to be defending. And we can't rely on barry all the time. I'd say keep him but he needs work.

12 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see some of the players who have struggled for games under Warburton thriving under the new manager.

neither would I. I dont think our players are that bad - they have been used poorly in a shite system that doesnt suit them.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think Forrester will become a really good addition to the squad. Dodoo as well I'm looking forward too seeing. 

Both play well when they're given a chance but neither have had an extended run in the team for some reason

I would wait and see how they perform in a more structured team, as surely any manager coming in will make us harder to beat.

Some players excel in a more rigid formation, personally I would let MOH run as twin striker to just see if he is actually pish or can show the form that pumped us in the cup.

Same wi Forrester there could be a player in there.

We had been told about a new way to do football etc.etc. But it appears as if its been smoke & mirrors.

The players we have simplistically enough are the ones we are stuck with til the end of the season, we can only hope the new Manager can get more out of them than the previous one.

You just don't know that with a bit of structure and change of style may make them perform.

The only drawback is that fuckin ridiculous stupid mistakes seem inbred in certain players.

Clean Slate, New Broom and all that.

36 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Forrester is a greedy bastard and all he cares about is himself 

back to the English lower leagues for me 

Forrester fucked himself in that last game against the taigs for me. His decision not to pass the ball did it for me. That and he loves Twitter and this "fame" half that team think they have now. 

You can't change too much at once:

- Wes is fine and would probably benefit from a change of style that doesn't put him under so much pressure on the ball

- Wallace. Exposed a lot defensively but experienced, determined and may not look so exposed in a less expansive style

- Hill. Keep on for experience. It'll be hard to find two decent centre halves at once.

- Tav. Excellent attacking skills, could be utilised a RW.

- Miller. Experience is vital, we need him for one more year even if it's primarily on the bench

The rest I'd be indifferent to losing. We need robust players in midfield to protect the defence and a proper proven scorer at this level who can bang in 20+.

Waghorn got slated earlier in the season as he looked heavy, I felt that he went away and worked hard to gain sharpness back and it showed coz in some of his substitute appearances he seemed to give the team a bit more energy, although warburton still didn't  reward him with a start after this.  His finishing has been poor this year but I think he deserves a chance through the middle, a run of games and he might give us something 

Foderingham

Wallace

Hill

Miller

Mackay

And the outfield players above would not be first picks if we had any chance of a real challenge. The rest of the current squad could be replaced man for man with dross from teams round about us and we wouldn't see much difference. 

What Warburton has assembled is a squad of average to poor footballers who we are probably going to be lumbered with - did I see something about Halliday and Holt having contracts to 2020 ???? If that's the case whoever thought that was a good idea obviously doesn't have a clue.