***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 hours ago, RDFM said:

Hahahaha Jesus Christ that might be the mostly blatent example of bias I've ever saw.

How many players have they fed to Celtic? the same amoumt  as we got from Northern Spirit and that Chinky team.

9 hours ago, Amato said:

Big Pedro the bull fighting legend paying £300k of his own hard earned like giphy.gif

That's fucking hypnotic well done.

For what it's worth I don't Pedro but ahead of McLeish, Deek, Wright etc he's the best option I want a fresh approach.

However no matter who the new manager and DoF are if that waste of oxygen King doesn't cough up the cash it won't make a single bit of difference.

Also just want to say a wee thank you to Graham Murty he has had a mixed bag of results but yesterday's did put a smile on my face and I want him kept on in some capacity.

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Can't believe this is who we're getting ffs. 

I'm absolutely gutted if this is true. I can't believe the board are willing to gamble our future with another unestablished inexperienced manager who, as far as I'm aware, has no real knowledge of Scottish football. Obviously ST money doesn't mean that much to them :justno:

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I'm absolutely gutted if this is true. I can't believe the board are willing to gamble our future with another unestablished inexperienced manager who, as far as I'm aware, has no real knowledge of Scottish football. Obviously ST money doesn't mean that much to them :justno:

He did his coaching badges here I'm sure so I don't think saying he has no knowledge of it is right. If we get this guy he'll have my full backing.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

He did his coaching badges here I'm sure so I don't think saying he has no knowledge of it is right. If we get this guy he'll have my full backing.

I didn't know that! Don't get me wrong whoever comes in will get my backing too and I'll renew my season ticket regardless but I don't think a lot of people will if he gets the job and the results are not what is expected.

I think it's a huge gamble for the board, but I suppose the same can be said for any manager coming in. I just hoped for someone better.

8 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Inexperienced? I suppose 14 years working as a manager or assistant doesn't count as 'experience'.

How much does he know about Scottish football?  If we're talking practical experience, he knows about as much about Scottish football as any of us.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Inexperienced? I suppose 14 years working as a manager or assistant doesn't count as 'experience'.

How much does he know about Scottish football?  If we're talking practical experience, he knows about as much about Scottish football as any of us.

I meant experience of Scottish football. I know my post looks like I meant overall experience! Maybe it's because I've never heard of him. I had never heard of Warburton either and was really excited by his philosophy and ideas but it went pear shaped and I just feel the board should have been looking at someone better. I sincerely hope I'm totally wrong (and I probably am) and he's a huge success! I'll back whoever comes in regardless. Time will tell I suppose but I can't help feeling totally underwhelmed 

If we limit ourselves to the usual suspects who have experience of Scottish football it leaves us between McLeish, Davies and McInnes. Hardly a stellar choice

True I don't want any of them either! 

Im just a typical female- never happy :p:

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I didn't know that! Don't get me wrong whoever comes in will get my backing too and I'll renew my season ticket regardless but I don't think a lot of people will if he gets the job and the results are not what is expected.

I think it's a huge gamble for the board, but I suppose the same can be said for any manager coming in. I just hoped for someone better.

I'm excited to see what this guy can do, but I have a feeling if he gets the right backing he will do well. most important thing for me is who we get as DoF Mitchell or Wilson would be my choice for that role, hopefully we get an answer from Wilson soon

Pochettino had 1 full season managing Espanol and was sacked when bottom of the league. His saving grace was that some people liked what they saw in his oulook to restructuring and approaching games. He's done not too badly since. It shows that a relatively unknown can be successful in the right environment. I doubt our board just stuck a pin in a noticeboard and came up with Pedro by chance. Even if Wilson doesn't come here it seems he was involved in manager selection which shows that Southampton must have had an eye on him for the future if needed and they have a good record with managers. So I'm going to be optimistic and look forward to him at the club.

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If we limit ourselves to the usual suspects who have experience of Scottish football it leaves us between McLeish, Davies and McInnes. Hardly a stellar choice

What is your thoughts mate on the Wilson story in the Mail ??

Just now, Bears r us said:

What is your thoughts mate on the Wilson story in the Mail ??

Fits with what I've heard. I wouldn't be too surprised if we made one last pitch for him. He's the one the board want (moreso than any of the managerial candidates) to lead the revamp of the football side of things and they don't seem to be taking no for an answer yet. From what I can gather, it's not anything that we've not offered that's caused Wilson to drag his feet but more him wanting to make sure he does what's right for him, his family and his career. Being a fairly local boy if this goes tits up for him here it will affect more than just his professional life.

Fits with what I've heard. I wouldn't be too surprised if we made one last pitch for him. He's the one the board want (moreso than any of the managerial candidates) to lead the revamp of the football side of things and they don't seem to be taking no for an answer yet. From what I can gather, it's not anything that we've not offered that's caused Wilson to drag his feet but more him wanting to make sure he does what's right for him, his family and his career. Being a fairly local boy if this goes tits up for him here it will affect more than just his professional life.

Cheers for that info, we will maybe know more in a day or two.   :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If we don't get him does that mean Pedro won't be the manager I'd be shocked if he was tbh

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

We don't need people who know Scottish football fuck sake, we need people who know how to win and win a lot. Going by that logic big tits McGhee is a better choice than Diego Simeone cause he knows wit formation Inverness use

How much experience did Brenda have working in Scotland before the taigs got him?