***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

suppose it works both ways though, what if the top manager we want is from continental europe and would only work under a DoF to allow him to focus on the first team and thats it. It is strange we are going for the DoF first though but maybe its cause 1. He will help pick a manager or 2. He is higher up the hierarchy. Either way, I don't want us to rush into any decision, these appointments are the biggest in our history imo.

You can look it at that way, but you would be doing any half-decent manager worth his salt an injustice by just appointing a DOF before you appoint him and saying "here you go, meet your DOF .. welcome"

Unless Frank De Boer for example has specifically said to Rat face Robertson "If you want me as your new manager, go appoint Ross Wilson" then this makes no sense - especially doing it this way.

Do you have that sort of faith in the board that they've got De Boer in the bag and now going after, and being close to appointing Wilson?

I don't.

Just now, The Godfather said:

See to tbh I don't blame some, we need a fix right now and DoF roles ain't gonna fix the disaster that's going on right now. I'd rather hear about us sorting the current mess out with a manager than this stuff. 

We need to go back to basics rather than chasing some ideal fairytale set up. As per usual we make it difficult for ourselves though.

That's not being negative, that's being realistic.  

I agree mate. I think we need a strong hand in there right fucking now to put rockets up arses and to undo the soft touch approach Warburton adopted which seems to have turned an already limited squad into fucking surrender monkeys 

That said, we are on the verge of appointing someone to take control of our strategic football operation, from an established premier league team who are easily regarded as being at the top of the game in terms of player recruitment, squad development and player sales. Yet some cunts can only see the fucking negatives

We need an interim manager. Pronto. The board are not faultless. But to suggest that appointing this bloke is anything other than a coup is absolutely batshit crazy. Fucking mental. 

It's a step in the right direction and cunts should at least acknowledge that this is a good move. It's anything but shite. 

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

suppose it works both ways though, what if the top manager we want is from continental europe and would only work under a DoF to allow him to focus on the first team and thats it. It is strange we are going for the DoF first though but maybe its cause 1. He will help pick a manager or 2. He is higher up the hierarchy. Either way, I don't want us to rush into any decision, these appointments are the biggest in our history imo.

neither do i  . but we need a good interim in right away or this season is fucked:anger:

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

You can look it at that way, but you would be doing any half-decent manager worth his salt an injustice by just appointing a DOF before you appoint him and saying "here you go, meet your DOF .. welcome"

Unless Frank De Boer for example has specifically said to Rat face Robertson "If you want me as your new manager, go appoint Ross Wilson" then this makes no sense - especially doing it this way.

Do you have that sort of faith that we've got De Boer in the bag and now going after, and being close to appointing Wilson?

I don't.

Yeah I see where you're coming from because they seem an odd pairing. I have faith that it is not going to be a shitey Scottish league manager though, I reckon it will be someone foreign whos used to working in that set up

I'm in favour of a DoF so hope Wilson comes. As much as it pains me to say it, I'd also be in favour of McLeish but only until the end of the season. I've been firmly against McLeish as I hate his style of football and think he's a poor manager but he's far more clued up than what we have now. Could maybe get a tune out of the players for the last dozen games or so. 

And I know I'm crazy for saying it but I hope the delay in appointing a permanent manager is due to FDB wanting to wait until the summer to start his job. I know, I know!!!

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hmm I hear you but it's the same sort of thing people said wanking over Garner when he we signed him for almost 2 million ... people going "yees moan when we don't spend and moan when we spend" ... ignoring the fact that anyone sensible wants us just to spend wisely.

I don't want us spending what little we obviously have on 2x high profile appointments when we only need 1 (one strong decent top manager)

A bit like signing Alnwick for 250k and letting Gilks go for a nominal-type fee ...

It's about spending what little we have wisely. Not as black and white as spend/don't spend.

Yip big difference you aint on hear every 2mins telling the world we are skint and been run by crooks questioning every fuckin move..

I know through posts you dont want a DOF all I know from that crackpot is he fuckin hates king forget the DOF or the future of Rangers thats irrelevant

1 minute ago, Cobham said:

I'm in favour of a DoF so hope Wilson comes. As much as it pains me to say it, I'd also be in favour of McLeish but only until the end of the season. I've been firmly against McLeish as I hate his style of football and think he's a poor manager but he's far more clued up than what we have now. Could maybe get a tune out of the players for the last dozen games or so. 

And I know I'm crazy for saying it but I hope the delay in appointing a permanent manager is due to FDB wanting to wait until the summer to start his job. I know, I know!!!

You don't have to be pained to say McLeish until the end of the season mate. I don't really like McLeish but until the end of the season only then I'd bite your hand off if offered.

Guest Lloyd72

The DoF should be appointed first so he can then appoint or at least have a say in who the manager is (or at least that's how it should work whether our board know that is another thing), anyone saying we might not get a top coach in now because he won't want to work under a DoF just needs to look at some of the massive names who do work under a DoF and I think appointing one at this point can solve a lot of our problems maybe not on the park but the ones that are rooted in the club and haven't yet been seen to like the Lack of a scouting network, would be great if we could get that sorted before the start of the transfer window tbh and set us up right going into next season.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Do you have that sort of faith in the board that they've got De Boer in the bag and now going after, and being close to appointing Wilson?

I don't.

De Boer realistically can we afford him and his transfer budget :huh: :confused:

Spoiler
Spoiler

:confused:

I don't get the stigma around a DOF in Scotland. It could turn out to be a great idea with the right guy in. 

My only gripe is that this seems to have taken the boards priority whilst they've completely written off this season by failing to bring in an interim manager. 

If there is legs in Deboer coming, is there perhaps the chance that he is the one who indicated a willingness to come, but only if we had a director of football?

It's explain the timeline for our appointments and reason for sticking in Murty.

I've no faith in the board, but surely a group of reasonably successful businessmen can't purposely be making such a farce of things..

He is now actively turning down other jobs, I am not saying for us, but for someone at least...

29 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Possibly getting a DOF from an established premier league side and these fucking cunts are saying "pass the sick bag"?

Cunts wouldn't know their way around ibrox on a fucking guided tour. 

Unreal. Fucking unreal.

Is Ross Wilson a 'DOF'?

I can see the points for having/not having a DOF

1.. The DOF would allow the manager to put all his efforts into the first team

2.DOF would insure that the club structure would remain in place when/if a coach left

3. DOF might have contacts that benefit the club long term 

Negative 

1..DOF and manager might not get along

It is all  deepens on the DOF's role if hes just there to implement the clubs strategy and help us grow then I see no problems at all

However if hes gonna be in charge of signing players and handling contract talks then its gonna be a car crash with DOF and head coach 

I think It will be the first option tho  

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Stroll_on said:

Our top goal scorer has 6 goals and they seem to think a dof is the first thing we need.

How we meant to sign a striker in March ya tarrier bastard?

42 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly. It's making me suspicious as fuck how there's this clamor and it's a priority to have a DOF in first and foremost.

I'm terrified we identify a top manager and he wants to come, see's a DOF and thinks fuck that. Then we've really fucked up.

It's like taking 2 high profile, expensive risks at the same time.

Tbf the dof should have a say on the head coach, so if thats the path weve chosen then it's not really a big surprise is it?

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Hahahaha that'll be why st. johnstone got pumped the day..

Its like a big game of hang man on social media 

I can't wait till we find out so all this speculative bs stops with the manager but then we have all the bs transfer rumours to endure in the summer ffs.

A little bit from tomorrows sun DOF should be named by end of week manager could quickly follow however... IF this is true the FDB dream might be dead shortlist for manager down to three people supposedly

The Ibrox board have whittled the search for a new boss down to just three candidates.

Two on the shortlist are understood to be attached to clubs while the third, seen more as a gamble, could begin work immediately.

8 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Tbf the dof should have a say on the head coach, so if thats the path weve chosen then it's not really a big surprise is it?

I'm not denying that, but if you re-read my posts that's EXACTLY the reason why it's fucked up. We need to make the right appointment (DOF) to make sure he then makes the right appointment (the manager)

So we are relying on 2 top appointments coming off for the 1 position to be a success.

Double the risk

Double the expense

and for reasons unknown to me operating in Scotland.

It's an absolute sham this DOF smokescreen.

I'm convinced the DoF is the way forward, but I can certainly sympathise with KAI and GF's view.

It does feel a little like we're installing a shower without turning the water supply off. It's an upgrade, but we really should be paying more attention to how we we're getting.