***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

10 hours ago, Bertent said:

i could But it wouldnt be. 

16 to 45 days Resident if 4 UK ties or more Non-resident 46 to 90 days Resident if 3 UK ties or more Resident if 4 UK ties 91 to 120 days Resident if 2 UK ties or more Resident if 3 UK ties or more 121 to 182 days Resident if 1 UK tie or more Resident if 1 UK tie or more

But either way, Big Dave hasan Empire to run, family college funds dont fill themselves. 

If he has a uk passport, but doesnt work here then fair enough. 

But if hes he for work, e.g carrying out directoral duties for more than 30 days, he pays full uk tax. 54 days as a consultant.

Not seen this mentioned anywhere else.

He was at the game tonight and then this appears on the BBC Website. I've copied and pasted so they don't get the hits. The headline is 'Most Managers Would Take Call From Ibrox'

He'd be a damn sight better than Murty and IMO he'd be an excellent appointment as an interim but beyond interim we need better and would he (and is it fair of us to expect him to) quit St Johnstone just to come to us for less than 4-months?

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright has indicated he would be interested in the Rangers job but insists such a scenario is "all hypothetical".

Wright, 53, has achieved three successive top-six finishes in the Premiership with Saints and led them to Scottish Cup glory in 2014.

Rangers parted company with former boss Mark Warburton earlier this month.

"I don't think there's anybody in a job or out of a job that wouldn't want to take that call," said Wright.

"Yeah, I would speak [if the call came in from Rangers] because it's a big club but it's all hypothetical.

"That call hasn't happened as from other clubs it hasn't happened so I'm still happy here."

Wright and Aberdeen counterpart Derek McInnes are the Scottish Premiership managers that have been linked with Rangers since Warburton's departure.

Former Ibrox boss Alex McLeish and ex-Rangers defender Frank de Boer have also been mentioned in connection with the post.

Rangers have reportedly held interviews to fill both the manager's job and a director of football post.

Under-20s coach Graeme Murty continues in interim charge of the first team for a third successive game away to Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Friday evening.

Saints host Kilmarnock on Saturday before visiting Ibrox on Wednesday, having drawn 1-1 on their two previous meetings with Rangers this season.

Last term, St Johnstone knocked Warburton's Rangers out of the League Cup.

This whole DOF and Head Coach appointment process seems to be just drifting along.   Maybe its not unusual for clubs to take this amount of time but it feels right now like its taking too long and as each game goes by a spiral of decline is accelerating and the season heads towards being a complete shambles.  

I begin to wonder if part of the delay is 'real world' reality being put to Robertson and Dickson (and King) by those they are interviewing.   By that I mean the Club having one view of what they are prepared to offer as a package to a DOF and Head Coach, and the candidates having a very different view of what they'd be prepared to accept for taking on what is increasingly becoming a life boat rescue.    Add to that assurances they may want about the size of a transfer kitty and bingo - you get such a wide difference between what can be afforded for quality candidates and the amount (of the overall package of pay and transfer kitty) that the candidates think is fair and reasonable in the circumstances. 

That gap then results in delay while Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board absorb their dose of real world reality check.   Outcome?  More delay while they seek to nickel and dime their preferred candidates down in terms of the package on offer and the transfer kitty assurance; or drop down some levels and shop in more bargain basement territory; or abort the idea of paying for 2 and go back to just appointing a manager because that's all that can be afforded.   

With the spiral of bad results continuing and Murty clearly out of his depth and squad confidence shot to bits and with nobody having any clue about how to reverse this in short time the question then becomes what if STs don't hold up for next season and King can't afford to pay for a DOF and Head Coach package..........   But then again have Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board found themselves in a corner where they can't afford not to appoint patently experienced and expert DOF and Head Coach and with sufficient assurances to them about the size of the transfer kitty they will have for rebuilding the team.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Not seen this mentioned anywhere else.

He was at the game tonight and then this appears on the BBC Website. I've copied and pasted so they don't get the hits. The headline is 'Most Managers Would Take Call From Ibrox'

He'd be a damn sight better than Murty and IMO he'd be an excellent appointment as an interim but beyond interim we need better and would he (and is it fair of us to expect him to) quit St Johnstone just to come to us for less than 4-months?

Ref Tommy Wright:

If I were a St Johnstone Fan or Director-  right now I would be questioning his integrity and commitment to St Johnstone. If I was one of his players I would be feeling uncertain and maybe even a little betrayed.

I do question his judgement in making such a comment publicly. Yes he may well be a better interim prospect than Murty- but he is not what we need.

i am rapidly becoming of the opinion that McLeish is the only realistic viable option right now. At least he knows how to defend.

Just now, Beaujolais said:

Ref Tommy Wright:

If I were a St Johnstone Fan or Director-  right now I would be questioning his integrity and commitment to St Johnstone. If I was one of his players I would be feeling uncertain and maybe even a little betrayed.

I do question his judgement in making such a comment publicly. Yes he may well be a better interim prospect than Murty- but he is not what we need.

Exactly. It's a strange thing to come out and say .. well not strange, maybe surprising or a little surreal because he's whoring himself there for the job while in a perfectly good job.

I'm not going to slate the man for that. He's a Rangers man. He's not the worst name branded about and I welcome his comments but only in an interim context. In fact that would be a major coup for 3-months but for permanent no way.

I found his comments interesting more than anything and also interested that he was at the game tonight.

I'd take anyone with some big game experience who can lead us to the end of the season. Finishing less than 3rd would be a disaster.

Edit: this may be one desirable outcome out of this whole scenario for the Board. Fans will potentially now take ANYONE on a temporary basis with a bit of experience!

6 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

A fucking hate billy Davies but am telling ye I'd offer him the job till the end of the season,we are in dire need of somecunt in,this is fucking torture to put up with the now

Getting that way myself mate 

3 hours ago, Beaujolais said:

Ref Tommy Wright:

i am rapidly becoming of the opinion that McLeish is the only realistic viable option right now. At least he knows how to defend.

Exactly mate, not exactly a man of integrity with a statement like that. 

McLeish would an excellent appointment in my opinion, the only realistic one that I have confidence will do a job for us 

McLeish has been around long enough that we know what he'll do as pretty much every job he has had has gone the same way.

He nearly always gets more out of the squad he takes over.  He's a good man manager and decent tactician.  After that things start to deteriorate because he is not good at squad building and recruitment.

Right now I'd take him because I'm desperate, but I also know the squad needs a clear out and he's not the man to do that.  Would it be better if he had a DoF? Maybe

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

I'd take anyone with some big game experience who can lead us to the end of the season. Finishing less than 3rd would be a disaster.

Edit: this may be one desirable outcome out of this whole scenario for the Board. Fans will potentially now take ANYONE on a temporary basis with a bit of experience!

Less than 3rd? Your being silly here Chris it's already been a disaster 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Its been a shocker of a season but that makes it even more important to get these next few decisions 100% bang on.

I have no doubt in my mind that 55 will come but we are running out of time to stop 10IAR the next guy has 4yr to bridge this cap

I don't think we'll stop them getting 10iar with the current board in charge.

12 hours ago, gersandy said:

If he has a uk passport, but doesnt work here then fair enough. 

But if hes he for work, e.g carrying out directoral duties for more than 30 days, he pays full uk tax. 54 days as a consultant.

thought he wasnt taking a salary? Good to know that we have a leader that can work 30 days a year. 30 days a year or he pays tax, thtas a hell of a comitted man cause we know Dave hats the tax paying

1 hour ago, Bertent said:

thought he wasnt taking a salary? Good to know that we have a leader that can work 30 days a year. 30 days a year or he pays tax, thtas a hell of a comitted man cause we know Dave hats the tax paying

Was making the point, thats why you never see the guy

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

Was making the point, thats why you never see the guy

As a non dom he can visit more which no doubt is wat he does to Anfield. However would attending a match be classed as work or entertainment? Where Daves involved with tax he wont take that risk.