***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

A little bit from tomorrows sun DOF should be named by end of week manager could quickly follow however... IF this is true the FDB dream might be dead shortlist for manager down to three people supposedly

The Ibrox board have whittled the search for a new boss down to just three candidates.

Two on the shortlist are understood to be attached to clubs while the third, seen more as a gamble, could begin work immediately.

first 3 names that came to mind for me were Wright, Mcinnes and Mccleish :megaanguish:

Guest Lloyd72

The Ibrox board have whittled the search for a new boss down to just three candidates.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

Two on the shortlist are understood to be attached to clubs while the third, seen more as a gamble, could begin work immediately.

In the short-term, however, Graeme Murty is likely to remain in charge of a toiling team with Rangers having effectively now ruled out an interim appointment.

Gers sources insist they have all but secured their director of football.

It’s thought it WON’T be a foreign appointment.

The new man could be confirmed as early as Thursday with the club aiming to unveil only their 16th manager the following week.

Board members are acutely aware of the need for action following Gers’ second loss in a week at Inverness on Friday.

Club sources have ruled out Martin Jol for that key role while it’s unlikely Frank de Boer will become the new man to take charge at Ibrox.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/642267/rangers-hope-to-name-their-new-director-of-football-at-the-end-of-the-week/

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Am thinking Wright McInnes and Davies I don't see big Eck being a gamble tbh but if that part of the article is correct then the dream has officially died

none of them seem the most modern forward thinking coach so I'm trying to convince myself we wouldn't appoint them with a DoF. Also none of them play attractive football so it doesn't fit with the board wanting attractive attacking football

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

In the short-term, however, Graeme Murty is likely to remain in charge of a toiling team with Rangers having effectively now ruled out an interim appointment.

Gers sources insist they have all but secured their director of football.

It’s thought it WON’T be a foreign appointment.

The new man could be confirmed as early as Thursday with the club aiming to unveil only their 16th manager the following week.

Board members are acutely aware of the need for action following Gers’ second loss in a week at Inverness on Friday.

Club sources have ruled out Martin Jol for that key role while it’s unlikely Frank de Boer will become the new man to take charge at Ibrox.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/642267/rangers-hope-to-name-their-new-director-of-football-at-the-end-of-the-week/

a New managers first game is the scum talk about a honeymoon period

7 hours ago, piperpete said:

You should be congratulating the board on forward thinking but you wont, you want IT to fail as you wanted MW to fail so you can take the high ground and say "i Told you so".

What happens IF they bring IN a proven manager ? You will again have a go at the Board.

What IS the "BigShock " the board are about to get ?

I won't congratulate them until it's announced, but if they pull it off it's a great appointment despite the numerous fuck ups they've made. 

There's so many of here that honestly aren't content unless they are unhappy or moaning. Their 'internet rep' means more to them than Rangers do at times IMO, and like you say take some kind of weird satisfaction in any of our clubs failures so they can say 'told you so'. 

If you say everything and everyone at the club is shite, then you're bound to be correct someone the time. 

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly. It's making me suspicious as fuck how there's this clamor and it's a priority to have a DOF in first and foremost.

I'm terrified we identify a top manager and he wants to come, see's a DOF and thinks fuck that. Then we've really fucked up.

It's like taking 2 high profile, expensive risks at the same time.

It makes sense to have the DoF in first, if he oversees football operations then surely he must be the first appointment and have a say in the manager?

I think that you are overly negative / worrying about the impact a DoF will have on a managers decision to sign up - its common across successful European clubs, and is making its way into the British game more and more. De Boer for example, has worked with a DoF in all of his previous roles. 

Your final point is just such a negative outlook - we shouldn't try and get two really good people in, because it means we might fuck up both? Can't get my head around that. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

It makes sense to have the DoF in first, if he oversees football operations then surely he must be the first appointment and have a say in the manager?

I think that you are overly negative / worrying about the impact a DoF will have on a managers decision to sign up - its common across successful European clubs, and is making its way into the British game more and more. De Boer for example, has worked with a DoF in all of his previous roles. 

Your final point is just such a negative outlook - we shouldn't try and get two really good people in, because it means we might fuck up both? Can't get my head around that. 

To be fair you aren't getting your head around anything I'm saying not just the last part.

even Creampuff understands man 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

So murty to still be in charge by Wednesday then :megaanguish: sounds to me like they are desperate for the managements first game to be the fucking piggery of all places . A real baptism of fire which could end utterly horrifically 

I actually think they'll wait until after. 

We're getting pumped regardless. 

I imagine the new management team will come in after it to give us a wee boost - rather than have them come in, get battered and immediately be under pressure. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I actually think they'll wait until after. 

We're getting pumped regardless. 

I imagine the new management team will come in after it to give us a wee boost - rather than have them come in, get battered and immediately be under pressure. 

Well the chances of us being pumped out the cup and mauled at parkhead is shockingly high then :megaanguish: