***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This has probably already been posted on here and I've missed it so here goes anyway.

Our best option to move forward imo is to wait until the summer and do everything in our power to get Frank de Boer here,now it seems like the board want a permanent appointment made now rather than in a few months time.

So would you rather wait and possibly get what should be our #1 candidate,or possibly jump the gun now and miss out?

Me personally I'd rather wait,season's been a write off for months anyway.

We are sliding further and further down the table with Murty in charge.

We play 5th placed St Johnstone on Wednesday who are only 6 points behind us, and given our current form (we haven't won a league game in February FFS) they will certainly fancy their chances coming to Ibrox.

If we don't clinch a European spot the managerial vacancy will become even less attractive than it is now.

This season is far from over, in both positive and negative ways.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The muck are going to win the league shortly and more than likely a treble along with it,while we're 9 points behind Aberdeen and only 5 in front of Hertz so how is this season not a write off?

Because we could still win the Scottish Cup and come 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

We are sliding further and further down the table with Murty in charge.

We play 5th placed St Johnstone on Wednesday who are only 6 points behind us, and given our current form (we haven't won a league game in February FFS) they will certainly fancy their chances coming to Ibrox.

If we don't clinch a European spot the managerial vacancy will become even less attractive than it is now.

This season is far from over, in both positive and negative ways.

This is why I'd prefer an interim appointment made until the summer preferably McLeish.

The board are doing it backwards wanting a permanent manager in now.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

Because we could still win the Scottish Cup and come 2nd. 

We won't do either.

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This has probably already been posted on here and I've missed it so here goes anyway.

Our best option to move forward imo is to wait until the summer and do everything in our power to get Frank de Boer here,now it seems like the board want a permanent appointment made now rather than in a few months time.

So would you rather wait and possibly get what should be our #1 candidate,or possibly jump the gun now and miss out?

Me personally I'd rather wait,season's been a write off for months anyway.

I'd love FDB but as you say its not gonna happen if we are looking to make a appointment now.. I think the board would wait if they could but what do we do in the interim because murty wont do? Appointing a manager until seasons end could leave the board in a no win situation....If the interim manager gets us 2nd and wins the cup

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This is why I'd prefer an interim appointment made until the summer preferably McLeish.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just saying they're taking their time looking for a permanent appointment just now to cover their own backs.

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We won't do either.

Say we wait until the summer, we go for FDB and he turns us down. If that happens and we end up with no European football we'll end up with a Mcinnes or Wright for sure.

The only way we should wait for FDB is if he gives us assurances he'll take it in the summer.

If de Boer wanted the job I don't see why he wouldn't just take it now. Gives him a  few months to settle in and assess his squad properly before he starts work rebuilding it in the Summer.

All the nonsense about wanting to wait until the summer to start a new project is just a pish way of him saying he's waiting for something better to come up. 

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Say we wait until the summer, we go for FDB and he turns us down. If that happens and we end up with no European football we'll end up with a Mcinnes or Wright for sure.

The only way we should wait for FDB is if he gives us assurances he'll take it in the summer.

Would FDB work under a DoF, whoever comes in, will need to be prepared to do this, has this is the way the board wish to proceed.

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

And if we end up with McInnes or Wright the board should be chased.

26 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'd personally like our next manager to have had experience in managing Scottish football,  What I think we'll get is a head coach with a view to be promoted to manager at a later date and a DoF. My choice of DoF would be Paul Mitchell as he seems to know what he's doing and is good at it.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-can-entice-paul-mitchell-9915310

McInnes/Wright/Mcleish or FDB?

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And if we end up with McInnes or Wright the board should be chased.

They should be chased regardless, I just don't see the point in delaying getting someone in the hope we pull off a miracle and get FDB.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

For me it all deepens on the cup game.. IF we win I think we will see a manager appointed.. IF we get beat I see no reason to rush with only 11 games left after tomorrow 

Well pay back the supporters for the remaining 11 games.

Why should fans turn up if the club are not arsed just becuase?

That's ludicrous. It's Rangers for fuck sake, not a wee diddy club.

Wednesday is 1st march so If appointing a manager takes another 3/4 weeks we are into April the DOF must have some sort of Input into who the manager is going to be no?

Personally I think this board are still hoping to get FDB thats why this process has been dragged out so long

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Well pay back the supporters for the remaining 11 games.

Why should fans turn up if the club are not arsed just becuase?

That's ludicrous. It's Rangers for fuck sake, not a wee diddy club.

You don't need to turn up.. I just dont see the need to rush into getting a manager with only 11 games left should we get put out the cup...

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If de Boer wanted the job I don't see why he wouldn't just take it now. Gives him a  few months to settle in and assess his squad properly before he starts work rebuilding it in the Summer.

All the nonsense about wanting to wait until the summer to start a new project is just a pish way of him saying he's waiting for something better to come up. 

Unfortunately I agree with this 100%! If you want something that much then you go for it straight away.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

You don't need to turn up.. I just dont see the need to rush into getting a manager with only 11 games left should we get put out the cup...

:lol: 

Kirk that's fucking ridiculous. 

You would just accept getting turned over then aye?

Fuck sake