***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

In terms of the squad, it still infuriates me why more youngsters weren't given more of a chance when we were first demoted. We should be sitting here today with at least four or five youngsters along with Barrie McKay who have had 4/5 years worth of first team football behind them.

Progress?  Could it be?! :wow:

Seems to have done a good job at Southampton.  They've been a steady EPL club for a good few years now and the profits they've made on some of their players has been unreal.

Announce it Dave :tu: 

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Realistically we can't get rid of them all because who in there right mind is going to take them off our hands? 

They have failed badly in a diddy league, no club will touch these players now. 

Miller is coming to the end of his contract, Waghorn could be sold, easily I would say; the midfield is instantly replaceable; in defence, Hill is possibly leaving, and Kiernan could be off, Tavernier and Hodson could be sold. I would say this is a very good opportunity to build a new team; if we get the right man, and give him a good budget.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I honestly don't care about DoF or whatever.

Just confirm a fucking manager and sort this mess out. 

Agree to an extent. 

Think this could be a good appointment, but FUCK me they need to get the finger out and get that anorak chewing fool out of the dugout pronto. 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If we get Wilson then it could point to there being a plan. What the plans are will very much be revealed this summer, no matter when we appoint the new manager, and I agree we can't write off this season as irrelevant; however it would be nice to think we are deliberating for very good reasons; FDB being a very good reason.

Why would he come though?

Let's look it at from the point he knows there will be several clubs in the cash rich EPL looking for a new manager in the summer and he'd be one of the top choices. What can we offer him that they can't? 

We have a squad that needs a complete revamp and no money to do so. We have a support who will turn on a manager if we don't challenge a team who are miles ahead of us in terms of squad, structure and finance.

Why would a talented manager take that risk?

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah, they have £20 odd million to play with maybe more if they get past the CL games next season.

That's on top of a squad that strolled to the title.

Then you look at us...It's going to either take years or someone who will put in a hefty sum of money. I know what I think it will be and this club and fans won't accept something taking longer than a few seasons. 

Didn't PM quote 15 year for the club to recover fully at one point?

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah, they have £20 odd million to play with maybe more if they get past the CL games next season.

That's on top of a squad that strolled to the title.

Then you look at us...It's going to either take years or someone who will put in a hefty sum of money. I know what I think it will be and this club and fans won't accept something taking longer than a few seasons. 

Heart sinking to think about.

As much as we need to get things absolutely spot on in the coming days, weeks, months and years we are also needing a helping hand from them in terms of when Brendan finally moves on and they lose Dembele etc, that they employ someone who categorically gets it wrong to help bridge the gap. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Miller is coming to the end of his contract, Waghorn could be sold, easily I would say; the midfield is instantly replaceable; in defence, Hill is possibly leaving, and Kiernan could be off, Tavernier and Hodson could be sold. I would say this is a very good opportunity to build a new team; if we get the right man, and give him a good budget.

Every player can be sold that's a fact. Why would someone buy a player who has been in terrible form and on decent wages? 

That's not realistic, far too easy to say they will just be sold when they have been dire for an entire season. IF they did go we would get buttons for them

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They are not meaningless though...11 games can see us move up the table and end the season on some sort of form.

You are basically saying we just give up because we will sort it in the summer....that's not good enough. We clearly have an opportunity to get someone in now and sort this mess out. Every week that passes we become a bigger joke in Scottish football, that is damaging us remember.

You have it set in your head we are stalling because we are trying to bring in FDB...

I would counter that by saying we we are stalling because we don't have a plan in place and have made a fucking arse of it. 

Moving from 3rd to 2nd is as good to me as going from 2nd to 8/9 we shouldn't be be accepting anything other than 1st..Being the best is what we are all about this squad aint got it... When you can no longer win the title then nothing else is going  to be good enough and all means the same to me mate..

This season is done its all about starting again in the summer 

End of Feb and our season is done its a fuckin disgrace and we deserve 10x better than that group of players  

Just now, The Godfather said:

Why would he come though?

Let's look it at from the point he knows there will be several clubs in the cash rich EPL looking for a new manager in the summer and he'd be one of the top choices. What can we offer him that they can't? 

We have a squad that needs a complete revamp and no money to do so. We have a support who will turn on a manager if we don't challenge a team who are miles ahead of us in terms of squad, structure and finance.

Why would a talented manager take that risk?

I have already said I agree with you, but there is still something about this club that transcends all of that, if only the people running it could see that. This club plays to win, that is something very few clubs have about them. There is the ability for someone, given the right support, to make something special here. I wouldn't rule out that we could get him if we gave him what he wants within reason. We can look at the EPL, but apart from the very top we can compete with most of them if we were more ambitious. There are not many clubs in football like Rangers; I still believe that.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Moving from 3rd to 2nd is as good to me as going from 2nd to 8/9 we shouldn't be be accepting anything other than 1st..Being the best is what we are all about this squad aint got it... When you can no longer win the title then nothing else is going  to be good enough and all means the same to me mate..

This season is done its all about starting again in the summer 

End of Feb and our season is done its a fuckin disgrace and we deserve 10x better than that group of players  

Our season is not done.

There is a cup to win and to finish as high up as we can.

Why do you even bother posting or watching us if you say it's done? 

Of course it's not done.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Every player can be sold that's a fact. Why would someone buy a player who has been in terrible form and on decent wages? 

That's not realistic, far too easy to say they will just be sold when they have been dire for an entire season. IF they did go we would get buttons for them

We're on a wheel and the only way off it is serious investment.