***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I aint seen anyone saying they want Rangers to lie down to anyone.. Nothing we do this season could be called a success.. Standard have slipped why because the shit thats in our squad... IF it was me as soon as the season end i'd pay them all off not a player between the lot of them. 

No point in rushing to get a manager for 11 meaningless games mate none whatsoever 

They are not meaningless though...11 games can see us move up the table and end the season on some sort of form.

You are basically saying we just give up because we will sort it in the summer....that's not good enough. We clearly have an opportunity to get someone in now and sort this mess out. Every week that passes we become a bigger joke in Scottish football, that is damaging us remember.

You have it set in your head we are stalling because we are trying to bring in FDB...

I would counter that by saying we we are stalling because we don't have a plan in place and have made a fucking arse of it. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

To mount a serious challenge we require upward of £10 million and we only have about 5/6 at the most who are good enough to stay.

We all know there is not a hope in hell of the above being stumped up from the board. The money they do make available is money WE put in...they are rooked. 

5/6 is pushing it in terms of good enough to stay.

Our best player is leaving us in the summer to go back to his parent club.

Just now, Ryan_1 said:

5/6 is pushing it in terms of good enough to stay.

Our best player is leaving us in the summer to go back to his parent club.

Realistically we can't get rid of them all because who in there right mind is going to take them off our hands? 

They have failed badly in a diddy league, no club will touch these players now. 

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I can't see an experience manager coming in without a decent war chest. How much would we get for the players sold? 

If there is one thing that we are fortunate in is that in some of the crucial areas of the park that a manager like him would look to strengthen the players are fairly easy to replace. Two defenders; three midfielders, where we already have two loanees; and a Striker. I also think we may end up looking for a gk after this summer. I think there are players in those positions who could be moved on quickly.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Realistically we can't get rid of them all because who in there right mind is going to take them off our hands? 

That's problematic, ie the wage bill. Some would have to be loaned out to recoup money.

37 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Unfortunately I agree with this 100%! If you want something that much then you go for it straight away.

I believe he is still getting compo from inter Milan and taking a new job before the summer would see him forfeit a few million quid. Not 100% sure 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I agree, just think it's going to take alot more money and time before we have a squad capable of challenging Celtic than people seem to think.

Regardless who we get in to manage the side.

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They are not meaningless though...11 games can see us move up the table and end the season on some sort of form.

You are basically saying we just give up because we will sort it in the summer....that's not good enough. We clearly have an opportunity to get someone in now and sort this mess out. Every week that passes we become a bigger joke in Scottish football, that is damaging us remember.

You have it set in your head we are stalling because we are trying to bring in FDB...

I would counter that by saying we we are stalling because we don't have a plan in place and have made a fucking arse of it. 

If we get Wilson then it could point to there being a plan. What the plans are will very much be revealed this summer, no matter when we appoint the new manager, and I agree we can't write off this season as irrelevant; however it would be nice to think we are deliberating for very good reasons; FDB being a very good reason.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If there is one thing that we are fortunate in is that in some of the crucial areas of the park that a manager like him would look to strengthen the players are fairly easy to replace. Two defenders, three midfielders, where we already have two loanees; and a Striker. I also think we would be looking for a gk after this summer. I think there are players in those positions who could be moved on quickly.

I agree, he'd have to focus on a few key areas. Plus the team may perform better now MW is not restricting them to play the 4-3-3 formation

Just now, Ryan_1 said:

I agree, just think it's going to take alot more money and time before we have a squad capable of challenging Celtic than people seem to think.

Regardless who we get in to manage the side.

Yeah, they have £20 odd million to play with maybe more if they get past the CL games next season.

That's on top of a squad that strolled to the title.

Then you look at us...It's going to either take years or someone who will put in a hefty sum of money. I know what I think it will be and this club and fans won't accept something taking longer than a few seasons.