***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger appeared on Jim White’s Talksport show earlier and wouldn’t rule out the club’s Head of Recruitment and Scouting Ross Wilson moving to Rangers in the near future. As we exclusively revealed last Monday, Wilson has been offered the Director of Football Role at Ibrox and is believed to be on the brink of accepting the opportunity to return to Scotland.

When asked directly about speculation linking Wilson with Rangers, Krueger said: "For us it’s always a compliment. People always want to come look at our personnel.

"I spoke to Ross last week, we had lunch together, and he’s very committed and excited for staying with us. We never feel anyone needs to stay with us forever. As a club people will come and people will go but at the moment Ross Wilson is an important part of our group and seems committed to where we are moving.

"It’s a compliment to the club that we are getting looked at at all different levels so it’s good for Ross that he was offered...is in the talk and I’m happy for him but we see him in our future too."

Reports over the weekend suggest Wilson could be announced in the next few days as Rangers step up their search for a new management team following the resignations of Mark Warburton, Davie Weir and Frank McParland and the appointment of Wilson will go a long way to convince fans the board have made the right appointment.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I have already said I agree with you, but there is still something about this club that transcends all of that, if only the people running it could see that. This club plays to win, that is something very few clubs have about them. There is the ability for someone, given the right support, to make something special here. I wouldn't rule out that we could get him if we gave him what he wants within reason. We can look at the EPL, but apart from the very top we can compete with most of them if we were more ambitious. There are not many clubs in football like Rangers; I still believe that.

We can't compete with them though. We get around £1.5 million for winning our league. A relegated team in England get's £80 million. 

TV money means teams int he bottom half are getting more than we would get qualifying for the CL groups 3/4 times on the bounce.

We will never be able to match any side in the EPL now, that's the harsh reality.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Every player can be sold that's a fact. Why would someone buy a player who has been in terrible form and on decent wages? 

That's not realistic, far too easy to say they will just be sold when they have been dire for an entire season. IF they did go we would get buttons for them

Players can be sold, some of the players we have could play elsewhere. We also have a broad nucleus, who play in areas where we need to improve, that are either coming to the end of their careers, or may want to leave at the end of the season anyway.  I think it is possible at least six player will be brought into this first eleven in the summer; it will be interesting to see what level they will be at, depending on the manager and the budget he is given.

Just now, The Godfather said:

We can't compete with them though. We get around £1.5 million for winning our league. A relegated team in England get's £80 million. 

Yeah, I agree on that level, but this club had potential that many other clubs don't have. This club could be in the CL in a year and a half, if we had big ambitions; not many other clubs have that possibility. I don't think it would take a great deal to turn the club around, and combined with a good youth policy then we could build on something. We need to spend, as you said earlier, about £10 million plus, and if we don't then it could be costly in both the long and short term. If we did spend that though, then we can potentially build on that, which could entice someone like FDB.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I have already said I agree with you, but there is still something about this club that transcends all of that, if only the people running it could see that. This club plays to win, that is something very few clubs have about them. There is the ability for someone, given the right support, to make something special here. I wouldn't rule out that we could get him if we gave him what he wants within reason. We can look at the EPL, but apart from the very top we can compete with most of them if we were more ambitious. There are not many clubs in football like Rangers; I still believe that.

Your speaking from the point of view of a Rangers fan.  Other fans would say the same about their team.  It's much easier to build something when there's money and the lure of top level football but we have neither.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Our season is not done.

There is a cup to win and to finish as high up as we can.

Why do you even bother posting or watching us if you say it's done? 

Of course it's not done.

I am a Rangers supporter thats why I watch and post

Do this group of players give a fuck mate? do they deserve credit for going on and winning the cup?

There is one group connected  to Rangers that deserves praise this season and its us fans i'd consider winning the cup as a thankyou to us for this season

Just fuckin pissed off mate at how this season has panned out record ST sales to be scraping for 3rd 30+points behind the scum 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Your speaking from the point of view of a Rangers fan.  Other fans would say the same about their team.  It's much easier to build something when there's money and the lure of top level football but we have neither.

That's not so. I could say this about other clubs, and the reason I could do that is because it's true. Rangers is similar to them. 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I am a Rangers supporter thats why I watch and post

Do this group of players give a fuck mate? do they deserve credit for going on and winning the cup?

There is one group connected  to Rangers that deserves praise this season and its us fans i'd consider winning the cup as a thankyou to us for this season

Just fuckin pissed off mate at how this season has panned out record ST sales to be scraping for 3rd 30+points behind the scum 

If they go on and win the cup they absolutely will deserve credit and it would arguably be one the biggest comebacks in our history and I don't say that lightly.

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

If they go on and win the cup they absolutely will deserve credit and it would arguably be one the biggest comebacks in our history and I don't say that lightly.

Just having one of those days mate maybe tomorrow I'll see it that way:tu:

Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger appeared on Jim White’s Talksport show earlier and wouldn’t rule out the club’s Head of Recruitment and Scouting Ross Wilson moving to Rangers in the near future. As we exclusively revealed last Monday, Wilson has been offered the Director of Football Role at Ibrox and is believed to be on the brink of accepting the opportunity to return to Scotland.

When asked directly about speculation linking Wilson with Rangers, Krueger said: "For us it’s always a compliment. People always want to come look at our personnel.

"I spoke to Ross last week, we had lunch together, and he’s very committed and excited for staying with us. We never feel anyone needs to stay with us forever. As a club people will come and people will go but at the moment Ross Wilson is an important part of our group and seems committed to where we are moving.

"It’s a compliment to the club that we are getting looked at at all different levels so it’s good for Ross that he was offered...is in the talk and I’m happy for him but we see him in our future too."

Reports over the weekend suggest Wilson could be announced in the next few days as Rangers step up their search for a new management team following the resignations of Mark Warburton, Davie Weir and Frank McParland and the appointment of Wilson will go a long way to convince fans the board have made the right appointment.

That reads as him staying where he is.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

If de Boer wanted the job I don't see why he wouldn't just take it now. Gives him a  few months to settle in and assess his squad properly before he starts work rebuilding it in the Summer.

All the nonsense about wanting to wait until the summer to start a new project is just a pish way of him saying he's waiting for something better to come up. 

That's how I see it , nobody that's out of work is gonna rule themselves out of it completely because they might not get the offers they want etc but it's definitely a case of him hoping for better