PRW.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I think The board want FDB as manager and would be willing to get a DOF he wants if it meant getting him.

I don't see why we'd be holding off till the summer to make a permanent appointment if that wasn't the case.

If thats what they do then its a calamitous error on their part. Its the DoF that should approve the manager. 

It has to be the Southampton way with a DoF in the position we are in. They don't interfere with team selection/tactics and consult with the manager to highlight areas they need to recruit. They ensure that there is the ethos at the club that survives changes of manager/head coach and that the new recruits fit seamlessly into the system.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

Lol yup. From the 3-3 game at the piggery I believe 

Fixed it, knew I should have hedged my bets and put a picture of both of them up.

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

If thats what they do then its a calamitous error on their part. Its the DoF that should approve the manager. 

It has to be the Southampton way with a DoF in the position we are in. They don't interfere with team selection/tactics and consult with the manager to highlight areas they need to recruit. They ensure that there is the ethos at the club that survives changes of manager/head coach and that the new recruits fit seamlessly into the system.

FDB pick for a DOF would hardly be a dud tho lets honest ffs

Just now, KingKirk said:

FDB pick for a DOF would hardly be a dud tho lets honest ffs

Thats not the point. It doesn't matter who it is the DoF must be involved in recruiting the manager/coach not the other way round.

What happens if/when deBoer goes and his choice decides to follow him? DoF is the longer term appointment to ensure stability. Look at the Southampton model, thats what we should be aiming at the replacement of Pochettino with Koeman and him with Puel were, primarily due to the DoF.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

interesting wasn't FDB on the list of replacement's for koeman in the summer.

Rumours were they were gonna offer him a £3million a year deal to take over from them but it never happened, probably cause inter came in for him.

6 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

If we appoint FdB then you really are going to have more egg on your face than big Broadfoot ever did.

That is all I seem to see you posting over the past week. 

We aren't going to appoint FDB. Get real. The tims will have 30 million plus to spend if they want. We have nothing. He isn't fucking stupid. There will be plenty of EPL managerial jobs going in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, bam74 said:

We aren't going to appoint FDB. Get real. The tims will have 30 million plus to spend if they want. We have nothing. He isn't fucking stupid. There will be plenty of EPL managerial jobs going in the summer. 

You live up to your name.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Thats not the point. It doesn't matter who it is the DoF must be involved in recruiting the manager/coach not the other way round.

What happens if/when deBoer goes and his choice decides to follow him? DoF is the longer term appointment to ensure stability. Look at the Southampton model, thats what we should be aiming at the replacement of Pochettino with Koeman and him with Puel were, primarily due to the DoF.

Yip I agree but we need the best calibre manager possible right now for the next 2-3yr That man Imo is FDB I'd rather appoint him with people he already trusts than just hoping it works out.

5 minutes ago, bam74 said:

It's this years moonbeam for STs

4 minutes ago, bam74 said:

aye true just turn the lights oot and hand the scum yer children.

finished we are

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

aye true just turn the lights oot and hand the scum yer children.

finished we are

We are finished because FDB isnt going to be our next manager ? We are no where near finished but I wish some on here would have a reality check when it comes to potential managers. Would like to see him here but it's not going to happen..

1 minute ago, bam74 said:

We are finished because FDB isnt going to be our next manager ? We are no where near finished but I wish some on here would have a reality check when it comes to potential managers. Would like to see him here but it's not going to happen..

Even tho he will speak to our board about becoming our manager aye..

The whole point of a DoF is to allow an ethos to continue no matter the manager/coach, so the idea of a manager picking the DoF is just nuts & a non-starter IMO.

The club still want to have a modern thinking playing style with modern coaching techniques (at least they say they do), so I do wonder about FdB as first team coach as his playing style isn't exactly swashbuckling.

FdB has already confirmed (via RdB) that he wouldn't be interested in starting any new role until April at the earliest, not wanting the same situation as he had at Inter where he had 2 weeks before 1st game.

I would add though that FdB would certainly ignite the imagination of the fans & would show the clubs ambition