Ross Wilson has been interviewed for DOF

PRW.

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

ffs is that actually Ronald?

urgh, can you not tell them apart?

they're both hunks though

(better stop, after my mccann boner, people will start to wonder)

i'm not sex people, or gay, i just really really like certain players who've been at rangers

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, trueblueal said:

It's a great idea to appoint a DOF, Technical director or whatever you want to call it. We have just started to establish our style. We are a passing team. We keep the ball on the deck, press and dominate. That's the theory anyway. Beforehand I'm not really sure what our style was.

Our style isn't working in the top flight though... or at least we don't/didn't have the correct players/staff to play the style to a sufficient standard. Will new players incorporated into the style resolve things? I'm not convinced but we'll see... 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Our style isn't working in the top flight though... or at least we don't/didn't have the correct players/staff to play the style to a sufficient standard. Will new players incorporated into the style resolve things? I'm not convinced but we'll see... 

The scum are a passing team and have walked the league this season so why can't we be a passing team who dominates? We just need better players who have the right mentality for our club.

24 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Don't understand the criticism of Robertson tbh but he won't have as much control as a DoF would.

No you said it would help if King had someone he trusts to run the club while he's in Africa and I said Robertson does by both their admissions 

and you don't understand the criticism of the cunt? You been living in a cave since late May ?

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

No you said it would help if King had someone he trusts to run the club while he's in Africa and I said Robertson does by both their admissions 

and you don't understand the criticism of the cunt? You been living in a cave since late May ?

So it's his fault we are playing shit?

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly do not know if he has the experience for the job, but I would've thought not at 34. 

:tu:

His age is bit of a concern and It's certainly far too young to be one of our players ... for sure mate ...... I can only think that the board are now actually adopting a serious youth programme .... and are starting at the top ...... :whistle:

:UK:

16 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

It's a great idea to appoint a DOF, Technical director or whatever you want to call it. We have just started to establish our style. We are a passing team. We keep the ball on the deck, press and dominate. That's the theory anyway. Beforehand I'm not really sure what our style was.

And we will establish this with zero funds for players but somehow manage it with a guy in a boardroom paid handsomely?

you can still lay down a good style of football  with a good manager 

some people are in dream land and get taken in by every single bit of jargon 

this is the board now saying (imo) we've still no funds to compete so we are gonna try this route now 

success in Scotland is not hard to understand - good manager and funds = success 

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

If only the likes of Juventus, Ajax, Barcelona etc read this thread, they'd save themselves the bother of getting a DoF and winning all those damn trophies! 

And all the trophies we won without a DOF and all the league titles Celtic are racking up without one?

and your leaving out the funds they've got compared to us which helps 

33 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

The board won't be picking a manager and a DoF then hoping they get on, the DoF will choose the manager.

Going on what Stewart Roberston said in his recent interview, the board appear to be drawing up a list for their new manager, there was no hint of appointing a DOF and then allowing him to bring in his choice of manager.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

And all the trophies we won without a DOF and all the league titles Celtic are racking up without one?

and your leaving out the funds they've got compared to us which helps 

We haven't won a major honour in 7 years when football was a vastly different sport than it is today and when the financial disparity is as massive as the one that Celtic have over the rest of the SPFL there isn't a comparison. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Real Ranger said:

Going on what Stewart Roberston said in his recent interview, the board appear to be drawing up a list for their new manager, there was no hint of appointing a DOF and then allowing him to bring in his choice of manager.

That's usually how it works, the DoF brings in the manager but as I say the role can be adjusted to what suits the club so maybe they will choose one but I assume the DoF will have a big say in who they choose.

3 minutes ago, RDFM said:

We haven't won a major honour in 7 years when football was a vastly different sport than it is today and when the financial disparity is as massive as the one that Celtic have over the rest of the SPFL there isn't a comparison. 

Oh there's a comparison alright we haven't won a trophy in almost seven years because we've been out the top flight and unable to compete in that time, financially hampered And had 3 shite managers in that time like literally the worst 

the reason we've not competed in that time isn't because we never had a director of football :lol: 

and it's 5 and half years not 7 now I think 

OK, reading through the thread I have to agree with Kai etc.

I'm unsure if this is the way forward, it's a very concerning move because I see it as a bit of a gamble.

I can imagine the scum laughing their tits off gaining title after title while we're fucking about for a few seasons trying to have the perfect philosophy and perfect setup - and that's not a pleasant thought.

We need to start winning, we can implement this stuff slowly and let is burn away in the background until it's time for it to catch and fire the club into the future. To do it just now, to fuck around when all the supporters want is to level the playing field and stop them winning 9 in a row, is a bit crazy. 

It just shows how the board and the fans are completely disconnected in their views.

There's no absolute right or wrong to this split role thing. However, the Board's purpose is to ensure continuity of purpose and performance. Therefore, as a strategy, it makes sense. I also believe that it helps to ensure consistency throughout the club from community camps, to the academy, the squad and the first team. The changes in style of play we went through from Walter to Advocaat (who insisted on building an academy) to Eck, to LeGuen and back to Walter were enormous because each time the manager brought in a huge number of new players often with significant transfer costs. Even within a manager's reign - Warburton being a prime example - the pressure forces the manager to focus on the team and getting results. The transfer policy goes out the window and suddenly we have long in the tooth journeymen, no youth promotion or recruitment and a siege mentality. The DoF role lifts some of the weight from the manager, he is not the only one responsible for recruitment and he is there to support the manager so that consistency of approach is maintained. The transfer policy remains the transfer policy. It requires excellent working relations, but so do most things in football.

3 minutes ago, writingranger said:

There's no absolute right or wrong to this split role thing. However, the Board's purpose is to ensure continuity of purpose and performance. Therefore, as a strategy, it makes sense. I also believe that it helps to ensure consistency throughout the club from community camps, to the academy, the squad and the first team. The changes in style of play we went through from Walter to Advocaat (who insisted on building an academy) to Eck, to LeGuen and back to Walter were enormous because each time the manager brought in a huge number of new players often with significant transfer costs. Even within a manager's reign - Warburton being a prime example - the pressure forces the manager to focus on the team and getting results. The transfer policy goes out the window and suddenly we have long in the tooth journeymen, no youth promotion or recruitment and a siege mentality. The DoF role lifts some of the weight from the manager, he is not the only one responsible for recruitment and he is there to support the manager so that consistency of approach is maintained. The transfer policy remains the transfer policy. It requires excellent working relations, but so do most things in football.

Ensure continuity and purpose? Why would they ensure any continuity from this seasons debacle? We've seen first hand this style doesn't and won't work without mega funds and we aim to continue it? 

Seriously fucking hell 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Oh there's a comparison alright we haven't won a trophy in almost seven years because we've been out the top flight and unable to compete in that time, financially hampered And had 3 shite managers in that time like literally the worst 

the reason we've not competed in that time isn't because we never had a director of football :lol: 

and it's 5 and half years not 7 now I think 

Have to agree with you on the reasons why we haven't been successful in recent years.

Again listening to Stewart Roberston, the point of appointing a DOF is to bring continuity to the club, not just the first team but all age groups ensuring if there is a change of manager the entire setup won't change.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Ensure continuity and purpose? Why would they ensure any continuity from this seasons debacle? We've seen first hand this style doesn't and won't work without mega funds and we aim to continue it? 

Seriously fucking hell 

What other style would work without mega funds? Think this is ultimately the board's thinking, go down the DOF route to potentially avoid throwing millions at players and managers for the quick fix.

Whether this board has the finance or the business savvy to pull it off is an entire fucking thread in itself right enough.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Big Al II said:

I dont have issue with good quality dof, but would we be better putting both wages towards top quality manager?

If we recruit Wilson and RBD then fair enough, if we recruit Wilson and some run of the mill coach then GTF.

If we Recruit FdB he will more than likely want a DoF anyway considering it's what he's used to at the clubs he's been at.