Ross Wilson has been interviewed for DOF

PRW.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

DoF is not a well used role in major clubs for a reason, it simply doesn't work. I can't see this ending well at all, I hope the board takes a rethink and employs a highly respected coach.  

Err ... a DoF is used at most major clubs across Europe, think you need to do some research.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Yip I agree but we need the best calibre manager possible right now for the next 2-3yr That man Imo is FDB I'd rather appoint him with people he already trusts than just hoping it works out.

I'm sure we are in with a chance of FdB, he has said (unless it was RdB quoting) that money isn't his primary motivation. I doubt FdB or Wilson would have issues working together, especially if FdB was in the frame at Southampton. 

We need the best we can get in both respects. If only this had been done (like Swansea) at our lowest point we wouldn't have had the same level of pain that we've endured.

Really can't get on board with this - feel we are making a big mistake going down this route. Too important a decision to fuck up on.

What happens for example if we hire this guy and give him full backing and then De Boer comes in and doesn't agree with him ?

1 man please 

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Southampton, Leicester, Manchester City and Chelsea use a DoF and it works well for them.

I'm still not convinced that we should be going down this route, these clubs mentioned have access to several million pound per season to make their model fit. Rangers will be scrapping around in bargain basements and I think a DoF role will be a frustrating and inefficient role for whoever gets it. It has infighting with the board written all over it.

A pal of mine coaches full time at Southampton's academy and although he doesn't have any direct contact with him, he says he's very highly thought of at the club and was surprised to hear they'd let him go. Seems to have a played a big part in their successful footballing model. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm still not convinced that we should be going down this route, these clubs mentioned have access to several million pound per season to make their model fit. Rangers will be scrapping around in bargain basements and I think a DoF role will be a frustrating and inefficient role for whoever gets it. It has infighting with the board written all over it.

You've changed your argument 3 times when it's been proven wrong, eh it doesn't work at bigger clubs, I mean it doesn't work in the UK, aye it might work for them clubs in the UK but they have loads of cash so it doesn't count. Give it a rest ffs the DoF role isn't solely for bringing in players he takes charge of everything to do with the club from infrastructure to where scouts go to look for players.

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Really can't get on board with this - feel we are making a big mistake going down this route. Too important a decision to fuck up on.

What happens for example if we hire this guy and give him full backing and then De Boer comes in and doesn't agree with him ?

1 man please 

It will deepens obviously on what the DOF role is within the set up. I can't see us getting a top manager unless the first team is solely down to him. Final decision's on signing's etc..

I'd hope the DOF role will just be as simple as an overview of the footballing side of the club and insuring our philosophies remain in place when coaches leave etc..

Guest Lloyd72
10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

1 man please 

The board won't be picking a manager and a DoF then hoping they get on, the DoF will choose the manager.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

You've changed your argument 3 times when it's been proven wrong, eh it doesn't work at bigger clubs, I mean it doesn't work in the UK, aye it might work for them clubs in the UK but they have loads of cash so it doesn't count. Give it a rest ffs the DoF role isn't solely for bringing in players he takes charge of everything to do with the club from infrastructure to where scouts go to look for players.

Fair enough, I'm sure it will be a roaring success . 

33 minutes ago, bam74 said:

We aren't going to appoint FDB. Get real. The tims will have 30 million plus to spend if they want. We have nothing. He isn't fucking stupid. There will be plenty of EPL managerial jobs going in the summer. 

Ban hammer out

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Swansea City implemented this approach when they were in what is now League 2. It is about continuity and identifying thr right players that fit the profile of the club, including the financial restraints.

18 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not convinced it works in the UK, I'll correct myself.   

Why will it not work in the UK? There is nothing different about British football to say German football that will stop a DoF working :lol: some people are stuck in the Stone Age of football like the rest of this country and need to realise it's the way forward

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

The board won't be picking a manager and a DoF then hoping they get on, the DoF will choose the manager.

Even worse! So if we appoint the wrong guy for that he could appoint the wrong manager too?

get this idea to fuck seriously 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Unsuprising comment from you on an appointment that could turn this clubs scouting, youth and recruitment around. 

Nah fuck that lets just stay where we are and never move forward that'll help us catch the taigs :facepalm:

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Even worse! So if we appoint the wrong guy for that he could appoint the wrong manager too?

get this idea to fuck seriously 

That's why you appoint the right guy and put faith in him, I think it would also help us to have someone in charge of the club who King trusts fully while he is in South Africa.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

Why will it not work in the UK? There is nothing different about British football to say German football that will stop a DoF working :lol: some people are stuck in the Stone Age of football like the rest of this country and need to realise it's the way forward

That's not fair saying people are stuck in the Stone Age, Scottish football in general is stuck in the Stone Age and will we are in it we won't change it alone and shouldn't try 

you seen it with Le Guen and Warburton - a style of football that would work well anywhere except Scotland and we are making the same mistakes again 

wish people would stop talking about the continent and England/Germany to justify it if it's not a totally different football environment it's teams with mega money who have the resources to make it work 

I've got the fear even typing this out 

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

That's why you appoint the right guy and put faith in him, I think it would also help us to have someone in charge of the club who King trusts fully while he is in South Africa.

We have that in Robertson the wee rat he is 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

We have that in Robertson the wee rat he is 

Don't understand the criticism of Robertson tbh but he won't have as much control as a DoF would.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's not fair saying people are stuck in the Stone Age, Scottish football in general is stuck in the Stone Age and will we are in it we won't change it alone and shouldn't try 

you seen it with Le Guen and Warburton - a style of football that would work well anywhere except Scotland and we are making the same mistakes again 

wish people would stop talking about the continent and England/Germany to justify it if it's not a totally different football environment it's teams with mega money who have the resources to make it work 

I've got the fear even typing this out 

I agree with this. We don't need a DOF, we need a strong experienced manager in charge who knows the Scottish game and what it takes to win up here. I haven't heard one single supporter even mention a DOF in all the years I've supported us yet now it seems it's the buzz word about Ibrox. 

It's a great idea to appoint a DOF, Technical director or whatever you want to call it. We have just started to establish our style. We are a passing team. We keep the ball on the deck, press and dominate. That's the theory anyway. Beforehand I'm not really sure what our style was.