So, how do we win this league?

cameron1873

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A new board and greater investment, spent by a manger who knows a player and knows what the fuck it takes to win.

The scum will again be in the CL money further increasing the financial gulf between us.

Brenda may not be the greatest, but he is a decent manager who is getting the best out of them and we need someone of at least similar stature.

However, all a fucking pipe dream if king and co don't stump up decent investment

21 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

What gate receipts are you expecting in Europe?

I would guess our gates will be no more than 25,000 unless we draw a name we have heard of as opponents , the fax that many will be on family holidays needs to be factored IN. 

Im sure the prices IN the early stages will be £15 to try and get people there with say £5 for kids.

2 hours ago, billsim1984 said:

A decent manager backed with cash for decent players is how they are coasting the league. It's the only way we will compete aswell 

Coasting is a good way of putting it.

Yet there's no sign of them taking the foot off the pedal, despite it being as good as over.

As opposed to us last season.

And all the apologists who excused the shite final third of the season with 'well, the league's been won'.

Games which could have been put to good use as part of our prep for this season.

Until we're ready to match their level of relentlessness, we haven't got a prayer.

3 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

Sitting in on a Saturday night trying to have a quiet one obviously it doesn't take too long for my mind to start thinking about us and our situation. I have been asking myself the question of how do we practically go about the winning the league?. (not this year but from next onwards) 

Looking at celtic this year it can be quite a daunting thought/task. without a doubt they are having a fantastic season but one which i think is also is unrealistic to keep up consistently for more than one season. At the moment they have more money than us and quite frankly better players. It can be a depressing thought trying to work out how we can become better than them and im sure it is for most of our fans.

But im an optimist and I couldnt give a fuck, to be quite honest if they have advantages over us financially we still should never drop our standards.

I realised though that i was thinking about it wrong when i asked myself how to we become better than them. This is because to win this league again(for the 1st time anyway) we do not have to have a better team than them. However, what we do have to be is a consistently better team than the other 10 teams. We need a team and manager that can ruthlessly go to ross county, aberdeen, hearts and win. If we can do this we do not need to beat celtic to win the league(although that would be nice).  I believe when you think about it like that winning the league becomes more achievable.

I personally don't agree with the board on the issue of Europe. If anything no European football at the minute is a bonus to us in the sense that from next year if we didn't have it we would have more rest time than celtic. They hopefully will not be able to reproduce this years form next year. And with them playing in Europe it is notoriously difficult to lift yourself for a away game in Sunday in Inverness. We have to be able to capitalise on this next year. We can not afford to loose daft goals that may turn a win into a draw. Every point is so vital if we want to win this league. 

This is our advantage, we need to take it. I honestly do not think the league is too far away IF the board get this appointment right. Although i do like the philosophy they are trying to introduce ie DOF & a good playing style. However, I think that winning the league would be easier with a good solid team. That should be our priority. After we do that and establish ourselfs then we can introduce the right philosophy which i believe they are spot on about. But it is not the priority.

Your absolutely spot on!  We are having an abnormal season. With a decent manager and a few teams changes next year we should comfortably add another 6 wins to our current tally.

like you said, Celtic won't keep this consistency season after season!  The gap won't be anywhere as big and then it will come down to old firm games which with a bit more to us we'll take out fair share of points!

it doesn't solve our current issues but the way I see it is all our issues will have to play out over the next 12 months - court dates are already set.  Get through the in reasonable shape and I think we'll be challenging the season after next!

Small steps.

Get the right management team in place playing for points. 

Get to Europe and bring in better players.

Every window bring in better players than we have.

We don't need a shot load of money. They only have as much because they sell high and get all of the champions league money. We didn't have money from about 2006 but we had half of the champions league pot. This will reduce celtic income as well.

I never thought that we'd win the league this year, I was ever hopeful though. I do believe that They've improved quite a bit from last season. Their transfers have paid off for them again. If they'd kept Ronny Delia, and been their usual tight self, in the transfer market, we might have given Them a decent fight for the title.

They still fear us, you only have to take a look at their celebration, after they won 2-1 at Ibrox. The way they were celebrating, right in front of their fans, you'd have thought that they'd won the league, and not just beaten a newly promoted team. 

We've been unlucky with injuries this season, with  Niko, Rossiter, Windass, Crooks, Garner, and Waghorn, all missing, at the very least, 2-4 games. We also had the Barton debacle, which, with hindsight, may not have been all down to him.

If we get a decent manager in, fuck this Director of Football shite it's only another wage we can't afford, and a few new signings, we may challenge Them next year. I doubt we'll be looking at winning it until the 2018-19 season, although we should be doing everything we can, in the boardroom, at training, and on the pitch, to try and win the league. After all We Are Rangers and winning is what we do. WATP!!!.

8 hours ago, HG5 said:

Coasting is a good way of putting it.

Yet there's no sign of them taking the foot off the pedal, despite it being as good as over.

As opposed to us last season.

And all the apologists who excused the shite final third of the season with 'well, the league's been won'.

Games which could have been put to good use as part of our prep for this season.

Until we're ready to match their level of relentlessness, we haven't got a prayer.

Spot on. Cost us the Scottish cup aswell imo 

it's crucial we consistently get into europe. right now we are good enough to finish the top half of the league but unless you're just a wee diddy team that's no good enough. we need to be finishing at least 3rd to get into europe each season. this is also unacceptable for a club like ours. if it's not 1st place then it's not good enough. but we need to rebuild our club and we need to try be realistic for now. if we get into europe then it would hopefully mean more money coming in and being spent. higher quality players being attracted to the club. right now we're close to the likes of aberdeen/hearts but if we get a good run at european football then eventually we'll move closer to celtic. if we're finishing 4th or lower then we'll make no progress. 

The tims aren't guaranteed champions league again- they'll still have 8 games to play and you saw how fortunate they were to get through.  In any case 10 million on fees will get us 4-5 good players and possibly good enough to win the division but these players won't come from England.

10 million might only bridge the gap though much like Walters second coming. Ok we played an unprecedented amount of games but we still came up short vs Motherwell and the sheep that year and a lot of money was spent.  We have to acknowledge that no matter how it pains us how good the tims have been domestically and in fact 3 good games in Europe were they could easily have won them.  While we were down they were still signing 2 million pound players led by a duff manager.

its not as easy as giving a new manager 10 million and expecting us to be champions. The tims have had a settled team for 3 years with one or 2 additions.  This is the biggest challenge since 1975

1.Get King out and bring in someone who actually has money 

2.Get a half decent manager and DoF in

3.Buy players that aren't english lower league rejects and look in Scandinavian or South American leagues 

4.Hump the taigs every game of the season and don't lose points to wee teams like Hamilton

Success

we need to spend million, stop bringing in players from the lower lgs of england, actually spend money on decent players. the club needs to go into debt to challenge, if we continue to spend and recruit the way we have been doing then we can expect the same results.  Money needs to be spent. 

12 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

Sitting in on a Saturday night trying to have a quiet one obviously it doesn't take too long for my mind to start thinking about us and our situation. I have been asking myself the question of how do we practically go about the winning the league?. (not this year but from next onwards) 

Looking at celtic this year it can be quite a daunting thought/task. without a doubt they are having a fantastic season but one which i think is also is unrealistic to keep up consistently for more than one season. At the moment they have more money than us and quite frankly better players. It can be a depressing thought trying to work out how we can become better than them and im sure it is for most of our fans.

But im an optimist and I couldnt give a fuck, to be quite honest if they have advantages over us financially we still should never drop our standards.

I realised though that i was thinking about it wrong when i asked myself how to we become better than them. This is because to win this league again(for the 1st time anyway) we do not have to have a better team than them. However, what we do have to be is a consistently better team than the other 10 teams. We need a team and manager that can ruthlessly go to ross county, aberdeen, hearts and win. If we can do this we do not need to beat celtic to win the league(although that would be nice).  I believe when you think about it like that winning the league becomes more achievable.

I personally don't agree with the board on the issue of Europe. If anything no European football at the minute is a bonus to us in the sense that from next year if we didn't have it we would have more rest time than celtic. They hopefully will not be able to reproduce this years form next year. . We have to be able to capitalise on this next year. We can not afford to loose daft goals that may turn a win into a draw. Every point is so vital if we want to win this league. 

This is our advantage, we need to take it. I honestly do not think the league is too far away IF the board get this appointment right. Although i do like the philosophy they are trying to introduce ie DOF & a good playing style. However, I think that winning the league would be easier with a good solid team. That should be our priority. After we do that and establish ourselfs then we can introduce the right philosophy which i believe they are spot on about. But it is not the priority.

And with them playing in Europe it is notoriously difficult to lift yourself for a away game in Sunday in Inverness

that's why they don't schedule  themselves an away tie after midweek euro tie

1 hour ago, billsim1984 said:

Spot on. Cost us the Scottish cup aswell imo 

I agree.

Got a mindset in place that's proved very hard to shake off, especially as recruitment failures have meant we've had to rely on last year's squad, most of the time.