Kris Boyd - There's something not quite right about Caxihina's appointment

K.A.I

1 minute ago, gsa said:

The fact is we have no idea what he will be like. Any managerial appointment is a leap of faith. Even managers with seemingly great ideas, pedigrees and records can find themselves at the wrong club and it just doesn't work out.

I personally don't buy into this "has to know what Rangers is all about" if it means limiting ourselves to a previous manager or player. 

I agree with you on the last bit 

Rangers men are over rated I just want someone who I think will do a job 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just saying exactly what we're all thinking. But some folk just want to have a dig at him anyway. This guy was meant to be our assistant 2 years ago now all of a sudden he's the main man, I'd see the point if he went and won major trophies in a major league etc. It stinks of cheapness yet again from King, I don't think he cares about getting us back to number 1 again.

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Here we go I was looking at my watch for you to say "you weren't involved in the process so how do you know" you always say something like that to me in an attempt at putting up a brick wall if you think the debates running away from you.

you don't need to be involved in the process to have an opinion - the proof is in the pudding - Tommy Wright would imo do a better job, McLeish would do a better job, McInnes would do a better job, Gary Rowett will do a better job ... Wright whored himself for the job last week, McLeish said live on TV he'd do it, McInnes is a Rangers man and commented on the size of club and draw, Rowett travelled to be interviewed oh and Pardew too threw his hat in ...so all that said do you still believe Robertson when he said it would be the best candidate available? Or am I still talking shite because I wasn't involved in the process? On that basis just close the forum down as no one can debate anything 

you wrongly spouted there that I've no provided alternatives - I have and have just done so there again 

and yes I will be the first one to say I told you so and I've started enjoying it because I remeber these snide comments to me when someone can handle the truth. Oh sorry what I perceive to be the truth - to keep myself right.

You've spouted for years 'give me the job of appointing the next manager, and through the applications process I'll find the best candidate' when asked about alternatives to MW. You going against that now? Is it just not allowed because it's the current boards decision? 

I hadn't seen you provide alternatives, but you're being extremely narrow minded sourcing from the SPFL or past managers IMO, we have to aim higher. Could a McInnes or a Wright stabalise us compared with MW or Murty, yes absolutely. Can we push on and challenge Celtic under them, absolutely not. How have McInnes and Wright done up against Celtic in the last 3, 4 or 5 years? Not very well. 

I'm also certain if it had come out that they were first choice, you'd still moan and say they were uninspiring. 

We need to do something different, or we can hand them 10 in a row. As I said, I've no idea if this guy is or isn't the right man. But I am not writing him off as 'disasterous' because I know little of him. 

If you say everything and everyone's shite, odds are you get a good few correct in our current predicament. Enjoy. 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You have a go at Boyd but say you like his Portugeseness :lol: 

Those two statements are totally unrelated and put together out of context by you there. I was obviously talking about Caixinha being Portuguese.

"I think we can safely ignore Kris's article now and get on with a proper discussion with actual facts and opinions on Caixinha's potential.

Pluses for me are his Portugueseness,"

I was hoping someone would ask that question though. I love Portugal, especially Lisbon. I like the people, and most importantly in the context of the above I love the way they play football and there must be good reasons why their club and international football has been so successful in the past few decades. 

12 minutes ago, gsa said:

A lot of people think Mexico massively underperform given the player numbers and population they have. 

That's why I stated "in football terms".  Rubbish argument regarding huge populations and lots of players meaning success as well. 

USA, Russia, China, Philipines, India, ......................

Here's some successful ones, Holland, (18 million people,less than a third the population of most of it's west European neighbours.)  Uruguay (3,8 million, less than Scotland, two world cup wins, numerous South American international and South American club trophies.)

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You've spouted for years 'give me the job of appointing the next manager, and through the applications process I'll find the best candidate' when asked about alternatives to MW. You going against that now? Is it just not allowed because it's the current boards decision? 

I hadn't seen you provide alternatives, but you're being extremely narrow minded sourcing from the SPFL or past managers IMO, we have to aim higher. Could a McInnes or a Wright stabalise us compared with MW or Murty, yes absolutely. Can we push on and challenge Celtic under them, absolutely not. How have McInnes and Wright done up against Celtic in the last 3, 4 or 5 years? Not very well. 

I'm also certain if it had come out that they were first choice, you'd still moan and say they were uninspiring. 

We need to do something different, or we can hand them 10 in a row. As I said, I've no idea if this guy is or isn't the right man. But I am not writing him off as 'disasterous' because I know little of him. 

If you say everything and everyone's shite, odds are you get a good few correct in our current predicament. Enjoy. 

1- your opening couple of lines is intentionally misquoting me - what I've said for a long time is fans have their opinion but how can we possibly know who's interested? I said (anytime when asked) give me a directors time, money, resources and contacts list and in a few days I'd have a suitable list of who's available and/or interested .. in the meantime I've gave you the guys who's declared an interest as better candidates and your brushing that off with something misquoting me. Nice touch. 

2- Yes I've said most of them were uninspiring but if you care to remeber a few short days ago I said fuck it give me McInnes and you said that's the board ... they drag us into the sense that they'll bring a second choice on us and we will bite at it ... and your right and I agreed at the time and I agree now hence me putting him in that list on the last post.

3- I get more right than you probably care to credit me with me - being negative all the time just in the hope I get a few right to say I told you so isn't me - I have the courage of my convictions and won't debate strongly on anything I don't feel 100% about - some people on here recently deserve it rammed down their throats but the stuff they've said they me. No numbers/ratio game here with me at all. Your doing me a dis service again probably intentionally. 

9 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Those two statements are totally unrelated and put together out of context by you there. I was obviously talking about Caixinha being Portuguese.

"I think we can safely ignore Kris's article now and get on with a proper discussion with actual facts and opinions on Caixinha's potential.

I was hoping someone would ask that question though. I love Portugal, especially Lisbon. I like the people, and most importantly in the context of the above I love the way they play football and there must be good reasons why their club and international football has been so successful in the past few decades. 

I know you weren't being serious with the phrase it just made me laugh the way you ripped into Boyd for not being the poet and hit out with a word lik that yourself 

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I love Portugal aswell, lovely country with lovely people.

I love peri-peri sauce and flavouring.

When they won the Euros recently they were abysmal to watch, didn't they only win like 1 game in 90 minutes?

They have produced some absolute brilliant players though, Louis Figo and Ronaldo spring to mind.

Not sure if any of this prepares him for the task of managing Rangers and getting us back to the top mind you.

33 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

He's just saying exactly what we're all thinking. But some folk just want to have a dig at him anyway. This guy was meant to be our assistant 2 years ago now all of a sudden he's the main man, I'd see the point if he went and won major trophies in a major league etc. It stinks of cheapness yet again from King, I don't think he cares about getting us back to number 1 again.

I doubt that assistant thing is true.

Why would he leave Santos when he just won them the title in a better league than ours just to become the assistant? Has he ever even worked with Pereira?

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I love Portugal aswell, lovely country with lovely people.

I love peri-peri sauce and flavouring.

When they won the Euros recently they were abysmal to watch, didn't they only win like 1 game in 90 minutes?

They have produced some absolute brilliant players though, Louis Figo and Ronaldo spring to mind.

Not sure if any of this prepares him for the task of managing Rangers and getting us back to the top mind you.

It's worth looking at the record of Portuguese clubs and coaches in recent years. it looks to me like they were doing something right, and their teams always do well in Europe. 

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

It's worth looking at the record of Portuguese clubs and coaches in recent years. it looks to me like they were doing something right, and their teams always do well in Europe. 

I will give you that, their club teams do perform to a good level in Europe.

They have the advantage that they can attract players from south America on dual nationality visas as well as access to African players too, kinda in the same way France do with African players.

Not sure how any of that will help him if he comes here to be head coach.

40 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

1- your opening couple of lines is intentionally misquoting me - what I've said for a long time is fans have their opinion but how can we possibly know who's interested? I said (anytime when asked) give me a directors time, money, resources and contacts list and in a few days I'd have a suitable list of who's available and/or interested .. in the meantime I've gave you the guys who's declared an interest as better candidates and your brushing that off with something misquoting me. Nice touch. 

2- Yes I've said most of them were uninspiring but if you care to remeber a few short days ago I said fuck it give me McInnes and you said that's the board ... they drag us into the sense that they'll bring a second choice on us and we will bite at it ... and your right and I agreed at the time and I agree now hence me putting him in that list on the last post.

3- I get more right than you probably care to credit me with me - being negative all the time just in the hope I get a few right to say I told you so isn't me - I have the courage of my convictions and won't debate strongly on anything I don't feel 100% about - some people on here recently deserve it rammed down their throats but the stuff they've said they me. No numbers/ratio game here with me at all. Your doing me a dis service again probably intentionally. 

Firstly, I'm not intentionally misquoting you or trying to undermine you. It's not personal, even though you're taking it that way. I don't insult you personally like some do, even though we've differing opinions on some stuff. I actually think we agree on more than we disagree on. 

1. That's exactly the point though - you've decided that they are better candidates. No one else. And without much basis as we don't know much about him (if it's even him!). The trophy haul of Wright, McInnes and Rowett isn't very high. Not exactly proven winners, not that the Portuguese guys is either. 

2. I know. I agree. 

3. Given the extremely negative outlook the club has at the moment, and the general view you appear to take on things, getting the clubs 'wrongs' right isn't hard. You'd have more credibility if you positively backed something / someone and it was correct. 

Again, as I said, not trying to purposly do you a disservice. 

38 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I doubt that assistant thing is true.

Why would he leave Santos when he just won them the title in a better league than ours just to become the assistant? Has he ever even worked with Pereira?

Helps the media setup the Ronnie Delia parallels.

Kris Boyd is a guy that could not keep himself fit enough to play for us in the lower leagues. I have zero respect or interest for the mans opinion. 

Hes got a brass fucking neck judging anyone else imo. 

If anyone values his opinion, fair enough, not for me. 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Amazing lack of insight, lack of depth and lack of knowledge in that article shown by Kris.  And lacks any great understanding, awareness, or actual factual statements  regarding Caixinha.

Hey ho, basically just lazy journalism, 

"There is something not quite right about Pedro Caixinha’s potential Rangers appointment says Kris Boyd

I can't help thinking bringing in the Portuguese coach only demonstrates everything that's wrong with Gers these days

PEDRO CAIXINHA to Rangers doesn’t sit quite right with me.

There’s something about this potential Ibrox managerial appointment which just doesn’t smell right.

Boss Caixinha was Mexico hit but is a gamble for Gers

I really hope I’m wrong. I desperately want to see my old club back competing with Celtic as soon as possible.

But I can’t help think bringing in Portuguese coach Caixinha only demonstrates everything that’s wrong with Gers these days.

Put it this way, I’d love to know who exactly is pulling the strings at Ibrox, and how they have come to this huge decision.

No harm to Caixinha. I don’t mean any disrespect to him personally.

But other than a decent spell in Mexico his CV doesn’t exactly fill me with excitement.

Half the teams on there I can’t even pronounce! He will be used to working with technical players — but there’s not enough of them at Ibrox.

I just wonder about all this. I ask myself why has Caixinha been picked from all the names mentioned in the weeks since Mark Warburton was shown the door?

This is a coach who is on £2million NET in Qatar — even more than Brendan Rodgers earns at Celtic.

So I can’t quite work out why he would want to come to Scotland for a fraction of that wage.

Maybe he sees it as an opportunity to make his mark in football, but I’d question if he knows what our game demands."

And that's only the first few paragraphs of Kris basically saying he hasn't a clue on the subject, and goes on to give no factual evidence or opinion on Caixinha at all in the rest of the article, or any new insight or depth. A non-read basically. :duh:

He saying it's another gamble and he's right apart from the mccoist bit at the end ? 

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

His goal is money , thats the only reason anyone goes to Qatar. I have been at that stadium and your lucky if theres 100 folk at a game. The guy should be nowhere near us .

According to the rhebel the day he's paying £300k to get out of his contract to come to us now, rhebel also said Ross Wilson deal has stalled

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

He saying it's another gamble and he's right apart from the mccoist bit at the end ? 

All managers are a gamble nowadays, from the bottom clubs to the top. Not many managers achieve consistency over a three year period, never mind a longer spell. And the bit between saying it's a gamble and the rubbish about McCoist is just meaningless, uneducated filler.  

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

All managers are a gamble nowadays, from the bottom clubs to the top. Not many managers achieve consistency over a three year period, never mind a longer spell. And the bit between saying it's a gamble and the rubbish about McCoist is just meaningless, uneducated filler.  

Yes most are gambles especially putting an outsider (PLG) into a slightly different environment like Scottish football but I'd rather we took the punt on a 2-1 shot than a 10-1 shot. 

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The more you spend the less of a gamble. Yes there are exceptions to the rule, but this is why players and managers are valued in the way they are.

Those managers who would likely do a good job for us - we cannot afford - either their compensation package or their wages. Those managers we can afford are not highly rated and are a gamble.

So I completely disagree with the all managers being a gamble. However, you have to use your head - plunking a highly rated manager into a situation which he does not have any experience of or history of success is asking for trouble.

We keep trying to find bargains, and this is where it's so easy to lose out big time.