Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

Fair enough but as I understand it the remit is for somebody to act as an advisor to the manager on the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and not to coach.  In that respect ,given the time he's spent playing at the highest level in this country I'd stand Kenny Miller against any of the other names on the shortlist.

8 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Fair enough but as I understand it the remit is for somebody to act as an advisor to the manager on the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and not to coach.  In that respect ,given the time he's spent playing at the highest level in this country I'd stand Kenny Miller against any of the other names on the shortlist.

Caixinha said Miller isn't being considered and Miller has said he doesn't want it, bit of a non starter.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

Caixinha said Miller isn't being considered and Miller has said he doesn't want it, bit of a non starter.

True so can't offer an argument there only an opinion that Miller ticks all the boxes for the role, that and the fact he's already on the payroll.

56 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

“We are also looking to have someone, because this is going to be my third experience of working abroad, and I always look to have one local assistant in order to provide a bridge between the culture, the history and the traditions.

“They help with everything; what it means living in Glasgow, what it means to live in Scotland, how to behave with the opponent’s managers, how do they like to play or how do they not like to play, all the competitions in which you are involved and the players you are going to start working with.

“So I like to have someone for all those situations that you need someone to bridge the gap but also to tell me about the good ideas which existed before.“But also I need to educate and coach him about the way we want to put things into practise.

No me mention of a tour guide then. Pedro has already had the Ibrox Tour. He also mentions coaching him in the way he puts things into practice and a knowledge of opponents. MW need not apply then. :troll:

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

No me mention of a tour guide then. Pedro has already had the Ibrox Tour. He also mentions coaching him in the way he puts things into practice and a knowledge of opponents. MW need not apply then. :troll:

No mention of a coach role either, I said initially that the job description sounds like a tour guide type of role, Pedro is in a different country and he wants to learn about the things mentioned in that article.  it's not under valuing the role as knowledge is valuable. Whoever takes this on has a big responsibility to ensure Pedro gets the right information. that's my opinion of it.

22 minutes ago, OhW said:

I hope they at least asked McCulloch if he'd be interested in the position.

I think Lee would be a good candidate. Would he give up his current post though? I'm sure he'd put his name forwards if he was interested. No invitation required.