Team for Killie announced

j1mgg

He's maybe giving us the notice so we can accept it and not abuse the young guys from the start of the game. 

Kilmarnocks training will be finished and they won't be training tomorrow so it's no big deal, because other managers wait until an hr before k.o doesn't mean that's when it should be done.  We'll see tomorrow if it has any negative effect on us.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

IF I was killie I would play 3 up top and pressure our defence like fuck. Dont know what he is thinking announcing the team so far ahead. What good can it possibly serve? 

Pedro oot.

He is naming it so early to give the young boys a chance to process it, prepare knowing what's coming. Huge confidence boost for them too.

Of course they will try and exploit it but we should have more than enough to win. 

7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

He is naming it so early to give the young boys a chance to process it, prepare knowing what's coming. Huge confidence boost for them too.

Of course they will try and exploit it but we should have more than enough to win. 

tell them privately

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

There is no advantage to us or them so I dont get why it will be a issue 

People dont like change we are creatures of habit thats people find it baffling 

No advantage to them is debatable and subjective, no advantage to us is fact, unless anyone can provide one of course.

19 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Your point is flawed since you'd know before your team talk before the game what the other team is......so joey go ruffle up that young inexperienced centre back.

Not defending the decision to do it early though it's just a bit odd and don't really see the benefit in it but saying its a disadvantage is bullshit. That's like saying opposing managers need a full 24 hours to understand something then make changes. 

It's like saying the opposition manager MAY benefit. It's not difficult.

We've given the opposition opportunity to change their line up. Advantage yes or no?

We've given them 30+ hours to think up specific tactics based on our actual team. Not multiple tactics based on our potential team but specific. Advantage yes or no?

We've clarified that we're not shuffling the pack of known faces, but are playing two novice debutants. Advantage yes or no?

They will likely be in for a gentle training session and tactical discussion tomorrow. Have we given them info to aid them in advance of this. Yes or NO?

I'm not saying this is a defining moment in swaying the result. I don't know how much they know about the young boys and can alter tactics to exploit it.

But to say we're not giving them an unnecessary benefit to their advantage, that's bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's like saying the opposition manager MAY benefit. It's not difficult.

We've given the opposition opportunity to change their line up. Advantage yes or no?

We've given them 30+ hours to think up specific tactics based on our actual team. Not multiple tactics based on our potential team but specific. Advantage yes or no?

We've clarified that we're not shuffling the pack of known faces, but are playing two novice debutants. Advantage yes or no?

They will likely be in for a gentle training session and tactical discussion tomorrow. Have we given them info to aid them in advance of this. Yes or NO?

I'm not saying this is a defining moment in swaying the result. I don't know how much they know about the young boys and can alter tactics to exploit it.

But to say we're not giving them an unnecessary benefit to their advantage, that's bullshit.

Like I said I'm not defending it but changes can always be made at any point, so saying there is a youth player in position X means they tell their player to do Y, nothing stopping that from being said 5 mins before the game. 10 mins into the first half and so on.

the shape is the one that bothers me but is this a 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2. 

If he came out and said we're playing 4-4-2 telling the lads to play down the wings and hit early crosses looking for garner etc. then fair enough. That way the manager of the other team COULD change their formation and starting players whereas 30 mins before kick off you wouldn't do that.

15 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

No advantage to them is debatable and subjective, no advantage to us is fact, unless anyone can provide one of course.

I'd say that was also debatable and subjective - unless someone can provide evidence that it is not :tu:

30 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Rugby international teams always announce teams well in advance and don't bother 

For rugby though only the personnel in the set positions can be analysed, not the formation itself.

Bit different when the same formation is played by every team. Always going to be 2 Props, 2 Centres etc...

I just don't see how this can in anyway give us an advantage.

23 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

tell them privately

Publicly makes them feel like their invincible. 

Its an mind game aimed at firing up the young guys. Guaranteed behind closed doors he will be telling them they will be targeted and to be ready but by putting it out on public he is giving a show of trust, building confidence n telling them their good enough.

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

If cellic told us there team 2 days before the semi - and it had 2 youngsters in it and made the line up and formation crystal clear, would we see that as an advantage?

I would. Definitely. 

We don't know how it will line up though.

Could be 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 3-5-2

Also Lillie only know the personnel, they don't know they movement patters worked on, phases of play from training etc so they can guess as to these things but it is that, a guess. 

7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

We don't know how it will line up though.

Could be 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 3-5-2

Also Lillie only know the personnel, they don't know they movement patters worked on, phases of play from training etc so they can guess as to these things but it is that, a guess. 

He named the team as a 4-2-3-1 

I can't see this sort of advance notice being given for games next season but he might do more of it for league games this season.

So why now for this game?   Well the injuries are stacking up and changes were inevitable.  Perhaps just as much so after going behind early last Saturday and then after radical changes at half tie still not winning.   The young players selected have the time between being told they are playing and the game starting to get into the right frame of mind to be a successful Rangers first team player.   The older players know they need to up their game not only to win but to coach the younger players through the game.   And to put a bit of attitudinal pressure on them to prove they are good enough to be retained for next season, for those who are seeking to stay that is. 

The players are under the spotlight as the season draws to a close......this time, for this game, an advance spotlight.   It comes with the territory at Rangers and its pressure to perform that they need to get to grips with, enjoy and deliver a winning result.    They know they have to perform......the big difference for young players and the to an extent for older players is they know in advance that we know what the team is and pressure expectations are set accordingly.    

Looking through this game and into next season maybe there is a bit of toughening up of player attitudes and performances as I very much expect Pedro - and the coaching staff at Ibrox - will want vastly improved results and performances next season so using games like the Kilmarnock game are a bit of shakedown territory for those who think they are good enough to be playing first team football next season.  

Also, and maybe this is more than just about the Kilmarnock game, maybe Pedro is looking through this game and the remaining league games and into next season.   The reason being to test which of the players can deliver what he wants, which are capable of delivering what he wants assuming they can respond to coaching) and which have - or will develop - the mental strength to deliver the sort of performances to be required next season.     Advance notice puts them on public notice that they must develop and deliver the ability and mental toughness to deliver as required.........not attributes we have seen anywhere near enough of this season. 

32 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

If cellic told us there team 2 days before the semi - and it had 2 youngsters in it and made the line up and formation crystal clear, would we see that as an advantage?

I would. Definitely. 

Its not two days though, its a day before, after training for the game has finished. We also have a manager and an analyst team capable of finding their weaknesses, no jig. Every cunt in the world knew the rest of the team, and how it wid line up.

17 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Happy to see Beerman get a start.

Meh about Bates.

Holt and Halliday back together in middle of park :britney:

Mckay still starting :britney:

Waghorn still starting :britney:

I think you must wank over pics of her every night with that overuse there:mutley: