Jordan Thompson

Supersonic

Article from a week ago saying he'll be coming back soon to be assessed by Pedro:

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/rangers-young-gun-jordan-thompson-12844685

"I'll be going back (to Rangers) on a Wednesday for the last few weeks of the season just to be training with them and so the manager gets to see me before we break up for the end of the season. I'll go back and start pre-season and hopefully get into the manager's good books and push on."

Anybody know how his loan spell has been going?

Always found him a neat and tidy player. One of the better ones in the unders (although that's not saying too much) but always had doubts about his ability to step it upto the first team. 

Players like him where their ability isn't in question, I'd like to see more of them even if it's first team games where we're a couple of goals up or something. 

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Article from a week ago saying he'll be coming back soon to be assessed by Pedro:

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/rangers-young-gun-jordan-thompson-12844685

"I'll be going back (to Rangers) on a Wednesday for the last few weeks of the season just to be training with them and so the manager gets to see me before we break up for the end of the season. I'll go back and start pre-season and hopefully get into the manager's good books and push on."

Anybody know how his loan spell has been going?

Think he's done OK mate

he's a tidy footballer 

Was discussing him the other day on another thread.

He has played 29 games for Raith this season and has been getting good reviews so hopefully the experience has been worthwhile.

From the little i have seen of him i have been impressed, a little bit lightweight but gets about and is decent on the ball and passing, would be a better option already than Halliday or Miller dropping back in there.

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Maybe Pedro will get him some mexican supplements... :lol:

:lol:

The year out on loan playing in the championship will have done him no harm.

He will have his chance to show what he can do, from what i have seen of him he is quite an energetic lad and that suits the high pressing style Pedro wants to implement.

I mind his interview when he signed, he was absolutely delighted and couldn't hide it, stark contrast to the other player who a lot of discussion surrounds at the moment.

24 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Saw him against Ayr a few weeks ago nowhere near good enough sadly he will be released soon I fear 

This, for me a genuine prospect coming through the ranks will be knocking on the door between the ages of 17-19 eg derek, barry ferguson, durrant, hutton, etc etc one theyve reached 21 and theyre either not pushing or impressing in training/friendlies then its over as far as being a Rangers player is concerned.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Always found him a neat and tidy player. One of the better ones in the unders (although that's not saying too much) but always had doubts about his ability to step it upto the first team. 

Players like him where their ability isn't in question, I'd like to see more of them even if it's first team games where we're a couple of goals up or something. 

Thats not the best time to bring him on imo, the lad is comfortable enough on the ball and this season looked as if his upper body strength is betyer.

Not a great way to judge him if we are strolling it by 3 or 4 goals.......in at the deep end and we will know what he is really made of. Always looked a better player than Zelalem for him and he waz given plenty of game time at the club with zero competitive action under his belt, well very very little.

5 hours ago, Camshy said:

Thats not the best time to bring him on imo, the lad is comfortable enough on the ball and this season looked as if his upper body strength is betyer.

Not a great way to judge him if we are strolling it by 3 or 4 goals.......in at the deep end and we will know what he is really made of. Always looked a better player than Zelalem for him and he waz given plenty of game time at the club with zero competitive action under his belt, well very very little.

But if it's a choice between no first team action and that sort of first team action then it's a no brainer