Pedro Holiday Plans

Guest Lloyd72

Going by the majority of comments on here most believe a poxy, written in the pub article in the daily rhag.

Well fuck me.

We cant have it both ways. Either jackson is to be believed or he is a lying toad - you choose.

He has a bunch of you where he wants you - by the balls.

Wake up ffs, its a jackanory story and you lot believe it.

Who is his "employee" who has been to see HR? No name because its a lie?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

No they don't as the season starts for example this year June the 29th and will end either on the last day of SPL or Scottish cup final so although the players will get days off during international break or the winter break they will still focussed on the league. Some players will not even get the international breaks. Come a few weeks this shite season will have ended and the players can start with a fresh slate in June. Having a decent break is important regardless of where you work.

They are legally entitled to 21 days + bank holidays 

With regards to Jock Wallace's training methods they will have worked at that time as the average football player will have had a much lower level of base fitness. So by elevating our squad then would have paid dividends. It has been shown year on year that players are covering more ground during the games than they did in the past. Sending them out for 3 weeks running at Gullane would not make them better footballer's, or better at tactics or indeed improve their base level of fitness.

The fitness levels in our squad have been of concern for some time now. The standards bar needs raising. This is what I feel Pedro is trying to achieve.

I would give them 10 working days off for a two week holiday, the problem is what if players had gone off and booked holidays/events based on what Mark Warburton said and no one said different until now, that won't do.

Having said that,  not a few players will think or know they are on the way out or want out and so won't think twice about stirring it.

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Not talking about their legal entitlement but rather the need for them to come back fresh and eager to improve.

Coming back an extra 7 days early is not going to improve their fitness over a season. This will be done by having the correct training and monitoring by the sports science department for every individual. On the pitch it is probably more mental and also to do with commitment that the players look more lethargic. Dare say someone like Lee Wallace could shed light on where he is fitness wise compared to previous years.

They get days off every week.

95% of the squad have days off during international break. 

They all had time off at Christmas. 

They're getting paid close to 10k a week to play football some on more, they need to get a fucking grip. 

It's actually embarrassing that modern football culture has been embraced at Ibrox where the modern footballer wants the luxuries of the life but doesn't want to put the work in to become a club legend or win trophies. 

Hopefully many of them have more than 9 days off as they won't be here 

44 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

Going by the majority of comments on here most believe a poxy, written in the pub article in the daily rhag.

Well fuck me.

We cant have it both ways. Either jackson is to be believed or he is a lying toad - you choose.

He has a bunch of you where he wants you - by the balls.

Wake up ffs, its a jackanory story and you lot believe it.

Who is his "employee" who has been to see HR? No name because its a lie?

Pedro said himself last week, its was going to be 2weeks maybe less. 

I'll ask again what is the alternative if we are serious about trying to get to the group stages. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Pedro said himself last week, its was going to be 2weeks maybe less. 

I'll ask again what is the alternative if we are serious about trying to get to the group stages. 

Buy some players who aren't absolute shitebags! 

but seriously, this type of thing will hopefully root out those that are neither good enough or hungry enough to succeed here

3 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Buy some players who aren't absolute shitebags! 

but seriously, this type of thing will hopefully root out those that are neither good enough or hungry enough to succeed here

Agreed, they get paid to play a game they love.

Just get on with it. 

christ reading that really really really pisses me off. firstly i know they are human, aye have a break that's fine, with the weddings, fine grant them a "special leave" their family life is important. But to fucking moan at this change, when they have been fuckin awful all season, when they are all financially more than capable of paying to change flight times, hotel stays whatever. these entitled tits need to realise that essentially season ticket holders pay their wages. Dont bite that hand that feed you!

What would the average season ticket holder who booked a holiday in spain for a week do if his employer said, that leave you have is cancelled, or the dates have changed, can they afford a few hundred quid to change it, probably not. Would they not ensure (if the holiday was THAT important) that the new manger would be informed of this time off as early as possible to ensure that it is honoured? also are they that dumb that they didn't see this coming.

46 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Kind of related, just seen a quote from Danielle Di Rossi saying that when he sees younger players making vids etc in the changing rooms before games taking vids etc he wants to smash them in the face with a baseball bat. Players these days are too soft. 

The mobile phone generation are full of mongos. Been to concerts where rows of them hold their phones up for the entire gig, spoiling it for everyone behind them and they're not even watching it for real themselves.

I don't think they understand that the best way to enjoy an event is through your own eyes, and your brain is there to remember it not your fucking phone.

Winds me up, and I'm 33.

To an extent maybe this should be looked through into next season.   It would not be good, or even acceptable, if sluggish performances and league position this time next season is being tracked back to a failure to have a proper post-season period of rest and recuperation followed by a well structured pre-season.    Lumping straight out of this season and into next season with a minimal recovery period is risky stuff.   That's not intended to be siding with the players, because I heard Pedro himself talk about this in a RTV interview a few weeks ago.   As I recall it he was well aware of the legal requirement to provide a minimum period for holidays and at the same interview he noted that there was nothing that could be done to change UEFA match timetables but there was plenty the SFA and SPFL could do to adjust the Scottish season to provide teams playing in Europe a bit more breathing space.

The other thing is, just how seriously will (or should) the Club take European football next season?   Compared to having a far better league campaign and better cup campaigns when you put European games in the balance with the importance of a far better showing in domestic competitions then maybe you look at compromising on the European games.   For instance, would it be possible to field a team for the early European games from players who have not played a lot then let them have their holiday time at a point when the others have had their jolly nice, legally compliant, break?     A mix of first team squad (Alnwick, Hodson, Beerman, Bates, Wyndass, Dodoo, for instance, plus loan players returning and with some from the development side to make up a scratch European side?  

Why not explore this.   If it meant that sufficient time was given for a proper rest then pre-season then why not try it - especially if the domestic season outweighs by a big margin making any sort of deep progress in European football 

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Probably counterproductive not to allow them a decent period of rest 

The choice isn't really his though Thermo, and he elaborated on it a bit more today. Maybe if the last match we play is fairly meaningless some players could get away early!

10 hours ago, TheCutch said:

I wonder if the sheep players are moaning at lack of time off?

They will be playing the cup final a week after our lot have started to put their feet up (even more than they have been all season) and will be playing a Europa tie the same week as us.

dont think they will, they probably go in the round after us

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The choice isn't really his though Thermo, and he elaborated on it a bit more today. Maybe if the last match we play is fairly meaningless some players could get away early!

Just don't want to start picking up a lot of needless injuries during the second part of next season because they haven't had a break