Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?

Bad Robot

Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?

• He needs more time with his own signings
    • I've seen enough to know he hasn't got it
    • I'm unsure but leading towards we keep him
    • I'm unsure but leaning towards we get rid of him

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

Seen there's a rumour he didn't go into the dressing room post match and neither did the coaches. Leaving Miller to give the team a dressing down.

Not sure about that but if true it's an odd one!

If that's true, and evidence on the park suggests it may well be, then why did he take the job now and not wait until the end of the season?

The players appear to have downed tools and no amount of smiley Willie Vass pictures will change my opinion on that.

On the plus side he has hopefully let these jokers know in no uncertain terms that their efforts are never going to be good enough for Rangers and they have had their chance.

Now it's up to the board to shift these players and back their man with real money to fix the mess Warburton has left us with, i won't hold my breath.

From top to bottom we have people at the club who are not fit for purpose.

19 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

Seen there's a rumour he didn't go into the dressing room post match and neither did the coaches. Leaving Miller to give the team a dressing down.

He told everyone at his press conference that he never speaks to players straight after games and the Record have used that to make a negative story about Rangers implying that Saturday was the first time he did it.

Can't make my mind up on PC, looks a disaster so far but maybe a lot of players know they wont be in his plans next season and have downed tools. Wouldn't be surprised if we have a lot of Mendes' agency players arrive in the summer, but no idea if that will be good or bad.Ā 

34 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

He said in his interview the dressing room was heated so not true.

53 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

I'd need to know more about this, but if true then it is rather inconsistent with his opening press conference when he first took the job.Ā 

No manager will stop this rot unless there is major investment and a change of the dysfunctional mindset that permeates through every level from the top down at Ibrox.

Our club has experienced a cultural paradigm shift from those euphoric glory days under SDM, that instilled pride, honour and dignity throughout. That winning mentality.

No compare what has happened since. BouncedĀ to the bottom tier of football. Successive changes in the board room. Surrounded in corporate malfeasance and court actions. Corruption, raped and looted. Ongoing cashĀ crisis. Constantly demonised by the media and politicians alike.

It's not difficult to see how wecarrived at where we are now at andĀ loose that winning mentality under those circumstances, both on and off the field, including theĀ fans. We remain short of funds to attain our aspirations. We have a board who underinvest and feed us the menu of lies and deceit and constantly defending court actions, far less having the worst squad of players in living memory.. We are being sold an illusion.Ā We may put on the brave face pretend we can do it, when all we are doing is burying our head in the sand knowing at heart, it is all an illusion and our aspiration just isn't happening.

Ordinary employees and players alike now have to work on that all pervading culture and it is not one that is condiucive to, norĀ engenders hope and inspiration to breed success,Ā but more of the heads down and take the money mentality. The motivation and aspiration is just not there. The current all pervading culture is destructive in it's effect.

For the paradigm to shift back to aĀ culture that inspires realistic hope and engenders the chance of success, major organisational and structural changes need to happen and it starts in ending the denial. Recognise where we are at and take the action needed to clear the pathway that will energise the many to engender the environment that restores pride andĀ values Ā that we are motivated to success. Rid ourselves of the non value adding in the boardroom, the self preservationists, the blockers throught the organisation and engage those with the integrity and vision to move us forward to meet our aspirations.

Ā 

Just now, K.A.I said:

He also apparently said he ignores the players after a game mate?Ā 

Yeah I saw that. Heard Tav say as well that he doesn't speak to the players after the game, win lose or draw however the DR are making it out like he completelyĀ boycotted the dressing room because we got beat 5-1.Ā 

Obviously was in there but avoided giving them a bollocking, seems he prefers to analyse and go over the game the next game and give his thoughts then.Ā 

Not sure if I prefer that or not but we'll soon see.

I think PC absolutely believes in himself that he can get the job done, think he has a ruthless streak the way he talks kind of old school passion and aggressiveness etc, but not sure if the board will make it a reality in the way he's thinking, I hope he's the answer but not sure.Ā 

On 01/05/2017 at 9:52 AM, Davhow said:

Either you are missing something or I'm taking crazy pills. Is this not the same squad that have already been beaten by the exact same scoreline by them this season?Ā 

I agree some teams get a boost from a new manager but not always. Maybe they already had the boost when Murty came in or maybe the situation is just too far gone for them to get a second wind.Ā 

Either way a new manager has come in to a squad of poor players, underperfoming individualy and as a team and many with bad attitudes and or lack of care and responsibility. How can we possibly sack the NEW manager after just a handful of games for not being able to beat a team unbeaten all season with a squad of players we know are nowhere near good enough?Ā 

This squad and no squad in modernĀ Ā time has been beat by the filth 1-5 at Ibrox, so technically they have been beaten by the same score line this season but it's a hell of a difference between losing 5-1 away in their midden than losing 1-5 at Ibrox.

As for Pedro ? Ā  Who is he? What has he done? Ā Why was he the only man in the frame for the job ? Ā The board should cut their losses at the end of the season and get a good British manager who knows our game inside out.

I like many fans were bemused when he was appointed and let's be honest we have got worse under hiim and you can't blame the players for everything as the board would not allow the last manager to buy better as they gave him like they will give Pedro next to fuck all.

You don't agree? We can't afford to gift the 7 in a row next season and it pains me to say with Pedro and this board it will be over by Christmas,,

And I hope your buying a season book ???

17 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

This squad and no squad in modernĀ Ā time has been beat by the filth 1-5 at Ibrox, so technically they have been beaten by the same score line this season but it's a hell of a difference between losing 5-1 away in their midden than losing 1-5 at Ibrox.

As for Pedro ? Ā  Who is he? What has he done? Ā Why was he the only man in the frame for the job ? Ā The board should cut their losses at the end of the season and get a good British manager who knows our game inside out.

I like many fans were bemused when he was appointed and let's be honest we have got worse under hiim and you can't blame the players for everything as the board would not allow the last manager to buy better as they gave him like they will give Pedro next to fuck all.

You don't agree? We can't afford to gift the 7 in a row next season and it pains me to say with Pedro and this board it will be over by Christmas,,

And I hope your buying a season book ???

The results don't actually show we are worse under him. They do show however this squad were getting worse under MW and they were his players. Dross may dampen the flames for a while but ultimately it burns out. They just do not posses the attributes or mind set to be consistent and a sustainable proposition. They are indeed burnt out.

Judging any manager with such dross against the scum is an act of folly, as they are light years ahead of anyone in this backwater. They are well drilled, well organised, but most of all they have the quality and attitude to execute whatever aĀ manager requires of them. Two vital ingredients we are sadly lacking and well unmasked under MW. That problem has not and will not go away under any manager. Having readily identified the problem and we fail to correct that problem ie in the removal of those players, then nothing changes, as Pep G himself could do nothing with those players and ironically enough, heĀ has even taken City back the way, but he had the humility to own up to it.Ā 

PC may not be the man we wanted, he may not even be the man, but prejudice will not improve matters.

If we are to move forward and improve, we need to accept that we are rank and no amount of tinkering with this squad, will change anything.Ā This squad have well proven their worth. They are what they are and they are not it and never can be it.Ā 

The bad news is, that if the alleged 3 mil funding is accurate, nothing will change anytime soon and even Pep G couldn't work that miracle.

I was hearing Pedro was part of a deal to be brought here for a business man based in Dubai who wants to invest in the club after the Craig whyte trial is done with? The rumours are going crazy right enough. I agree with him not speaking too the players after the game and giving himself time to see what went wrong and singling the worst performers out

His first game,after he proudly announced that two weeks of good hard work getting the players up to his way of playing, was an absolute shambles in the first half with no organisation, players looking like they had never seen each other never mind a football. The second half with no defence was like a school playground game.

The last two games have been even more shambolic, and have been set up,Ā as far as I can see,Ā to ensure Ā no pressure on the opposition and an invitation to do as they liked. I can find no reason to think that Pedro will do anything other than drag us down further and further.