Pedro Caixinha had a logical plan to halt Celtic but no-one to execute it

PRW.

12 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

they targeted the other wing in the last game and beerman had a torrid time against roberts as there was fuck all help from the midfield. they were equally effective down both wings yesterday as tierney and roberts both had decent games - the problem for us is the only fit full backs we had is tav and beerman, squad has no depth in it

So if Beerman was targeted last week you'd have protected him this week?

our tactics yesterday should have been 4-5-1 - make us hard to beat. Instead we were a shambles and after the subs we were even worse.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Fs I don't even understand that and I've read it a few times. 

He is basically saying there needs to be an intensity about the play. If the tarriers kick off, show a desire to win the ball off them as quick as you can or if we start, attack them and get close to their goal.

You know how the crowd reacts to an early tackle or an early shot on goal, it gets them up for it.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

And some seem hellbent on giving him a free ride because it's not his squad.

Tough tittie, this is football and in football the manager always has to take the hit when you get humped twice in a matter of days...not even humped but humiliated.  

The squad is terrible, the players shitebags and the board inept but the manager has done nothing to show he is going to change it. Murty got us a result against them and he wasn't even a manager but proved if you set them up right then it can be done. 

He shouldn't take all the blame of course not and anyone who thinks that is moronic but at the same time anyone who thinks he's not got a part to play in it is also a moron.

That's an absolute fallacy tbh - Murty could have put that same line up out 10 times against them and not got that result, the other games he was in charge for the team were fucking shite, managing to scrape a late draw is not the benchmark for anything and the players are not capable of any kind of consistency as has been evident for over a year so to expect anything else of them is going to end in disappointment 

Just now, the_r_sole said:

That's an absolute fallacy tbh - Murty could have put that same line up out 10 times against them and not got that result, the other games he was in charge for the team were fucking shite, managing to scrape a late draw is not the benchmark for anything and the players are not capable of any kind of consistency as has been evident for over a year so to expect anything else of them is going to end in disappointment 

Fact is he got a result with the same players.

You can bang your keyboard till the keys fall out but that's not going to change.

Pedro got his tactics and selection all wrong and done nothing during that game to stop us getting embarrassed. He takes some of the flak like every other manager in football.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So if Beerman was targeted last week you'd have protected him this week?

our tactics yesterday should have been 4-5-1 - make us hard to beat. Instead we were a shambles and after the subs we were even worse.

I think the intention was to have one of the midfielders protecting the full backs on their respective sides - it just didn't happen, they were exposed time after time because no one was tracking runners or even looking up

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Fact is he got a result with the same players.

You can bang your keyboard till the keys fall out but that's not going to change.

Pedro got his tactics and selection all wrong and done nothing during that game to stop us getting embarrassed. He takes some of the flak like every other manager in football.

aside from him having a fully fit back line...

murty lost to dundee and caley thistle ffs scraping a draw against them was a hugely unexpected result for him, he didn't have the team playing any better than warburton did and that's because they are useless shitebags who can't consistently perform for two consecutive halfs of football

12 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Murty was learning. And he learned quickly. Pedro seems hell bent on repeating Warburtons mistakes.

Just now, cushynumber said:

Murty was learning. And he learned quickly. Pedro seems hell bent on repeating Warburtons mistakes.

Murty had the first choice back line available, he had hodson available, it's easier to set up to defend with some defenders in your squad. 

But I would say the result against them was a one off for murty rather than any kind of sign that he had the players consistently performing for him

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Nah mate, thats a conspiracy :p:

Why do you keep saying that way out of context? The more you say it doesn't make it more true each time 

the players not being good enough to execute a game plan is different to you saying last week that the players deliberately disobeyed the manager 

you know that's what you said so are you keeping that wee line going to try and persuade yourself otherwise? 

From where I was sitting it looked to me like every single goal came from an individual error. I can't mind what happened in run up to the headed goal from that big shite defender.

Take the first goal, aye he shouldn't have slid in - but look at how the ball got there in the first place - because of our mistakes.

Second goal - two error at least, one giving Hydman the ball there in the first place. Then Hydman being poor receiving it.

On to the others, same story, someone being unable to give or receive the ball mark a man or chase a runner. Basics.

Final goal is littered with individual mistakes. All goals littered with mistakes even before the final obvious mistake that is easy to notice.

I'm not a Pedro fan so far, but you can't legislate for that as a manager. He still has to play what he has or we canny sell them. 

We demanded a win, so if we had shut up shop and got beat still - due to individual errors, because whatever system we played those shite players would have made mistakes,  we would be on here berating him for sitting back at home.

I'm not convinced by him, but I have started to blame him less after seeing other posters views on the players.

Where I do find Pedro is getting it wrong is that the team don't seem to have a clue what to do out of possession. When the mistake is made everyone then just seems to have no idea what the defensive shape is meant to be.

These players are woeful. Murty was no hero - our results under him bar against them were rotten also.

I would have loved Pedro to get a tune out of the squad. That he hasn't I am becoming less and less concerned with as they are absolute dross.

4 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Murty had the first choice back line available, he had hodson available, it's easier to set up to defend with some defenders in your squad. 

But I would say the result against them was a one off for murty rather than any kind of sign that he had the players consistently performing for him

Pure supposition. 

Just now, weshallnotbemoved! said:

He has no fucking plan. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. We need doers.

Agree partly mate, it's the optimist in me that assumes he is seeing it for what it is - and taking stock for the summer.

But he could as easily be clueless and out of his depth.

That's why I'm not too convinced so far.

Guest Lloyd72
49 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Their left hand side is always their danger.

Murty and even Warburton worked that out and went for the Tav Hodson combo.

The past two weeks Pedro has thought Hyndman is the man to play at right midfield ahead of Tavernier.

Absolutely clueless.

How do you know he didn't want Tav in midfield with Hodson behind him for the last game and he couldn't because of his injury?

1 minute ago, Cam1872 said:

From where I was sitting it looked to me like every single goal came from an individual error. I can't mind what happened in run up to the headed goal from that big shite defender.

Take the first goal, aye he shouldn't have slid in - but look at how the ball got there in the first place - because of our mistakes.

Second goal - two error at least, one giving Hydman the ball there in the first place. Then Hydman being poor receiving it.

On to the others, same story, someone being unable to give or receive the ball mark a man or chase a runner. Basics.

Final goal is littered with individual mistakes. All goals littered with mistakes even before the final obvious mistake that is easy to notice.

I'm not a Pedro fan so far, but you can't legislate for that as a manager. He still has to play what he has or we canny sell them. 

We demanded a win, so if we had shut up shop and got beat still - due to individual errors, because whatever system we played those shite players would have made mistakes,  we would be on here berating him for sitting back at home.

I'm not convinced by him, but I have started to blame him less after seeing other posters views on the players.

Where I do find Pedro is getting it wrong is that the team don't seem to have a clue what to do out of possession. When the mistake is made everyone then just seems to have no idea what the defensive shape is meant to be.

These players are woeful. Murty was no hero - our results under him bar against them were rotten also.

I would have loved Pedro to get a tune out of the squad. That he hasn't I am becoming less and less concerned with as they are absolute dross.

Can't expect miracles from him but the run into the end of the season should've been a time to try new players, formations etc 

Apart from the 2 youngsters, both forced in by injuries, he's played Warburtons 4-3-3 and we're back to conceeding silly goals

No trust in the guy going into the summer 

I still hope Pedro can sort our team out if he gets the money for better players, but I was astonished when I saw the team yesterday and in reality it was 433.

The most important thing after the Sunday before, was to not at least lose the game yesterday and if that meant being defensive in formation 352 or 451 I would not have cared one little bit. But to go with the players we have in that formation was IMO nuts, and that was proved with the score.

Maybe he still does not understand what losing to these wankers by that score line means to us the fans, and he might never, but someone needs to tell him and tell him soon.

I have not given up on Pedro just yet, losing third place would change that, but after these two games I am certainly questioning his ability to manage our team, he needs to learn quickly what our fans have gone through the last 5 years and our patience is wearing very thin.  

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Pure supposition. 

well, we won two games by the odd goal against morton and st johnstone, lost to dundee and caley thistle, humped hamilton and drew with celtic - thats a basket case of results. 

3 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Exactly mate, people seem to point at one result against them as if Murty was some kind of hero. They were as shite for him as they were for MW and as they are for PC. 

PC still has a lot to prove but he's got a bunch of donkeys what are people expecting. 

The back four is made up with two youth players flung in either through injuries or because of the absolute shite MW left us. 

34 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Fs I don't even understand that and I've read it a few times. 

It's simple. If you have the ball you need to do something attacking with it within 10 seconds and move the ball closer to their goal. 

If they have the ball you need win it back within 10 seconds. 

2 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

So basically what some of the more sound minded have been saying, it's the players execution to blame not the manager's tactics 

Or the manager for trying to get players to adopt tactics which they can't execute?

Who's sound minded now?