Pedro Caixinha had a logical plan to halt Celtic but no-one to execute it

PRW.

2 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

The full squad know their time is up and that they're not Rangers quality, so they're done even trying to put an effort in. They know they'll be playing for some diddy league 1 side next season where they belong

The sad thing is we have a lot of these guys on long contracts so we will have to do what we always do and take a hit for them to leave.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How did Murty manage it then?

how can 10/11 of the players that played yesterday have been part of Delia's failings yet give us that lesson yesterday?

i know the players are shite btw but people are ignoring the managers mistakes and only concentrating on that aspect 

if we got a result yesterday Pedro would have got all the credit and rightly so 

Murty brought on Michael O'timothy wi 5 mins to go. Tactical genius. 

He also had hodson and wallace available. 

Pedros fault.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

how can 10/11 of the players that played yesterday have been part of Delia's failings yet give us that lesson yesterday?

i know the players are shite btw but people are ignoring the managers mistakes and only concentrating on that aspect 

our team was quite different from the one that beat deila's team on penalties, and lets be honest mate, between millers goal and mckays goal in the semi final we didnt have one shot on target, the tarriers battered us that day

as for murtys game, the tarriers didnt get their 2nd, if they did we'd likely have capitulated like yesterday, instead we didnt and it gave us something to cling onto

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

It still has to come down to the Manager if

the manager can't see they can't play the system and change things he is at fault.

Yep, just said his mistake was believing in they players. 

Any system that requires effort, intelligence and dig does not suit these players sadly. 

Sad state of affairs with these cunts.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Murty got help from a more experienced manager who knows exactly how bad this Rangers team is. Pedro hasn't been here anywhere near long enough to totally suss these shitebags that are mimicking football players, hopefully he now has realised the dross he has and acts accordingly by ensuring a good number of them that played on Saturday never plays again for Rangers. 

Guest Lloyd72

Good article, makes sense, I'm still not convinced at all with Pedro tbh but he won't be leaving any time soon so he has a while to prove to me he's got what it takes.

Just now, K.A.I said:

The very fact you say the manager isn't the problem proves my point about people not living in the real world - he's not the only problem I don't mean for one minute all our problems are down to him but he's out his depths and his mistakes are equally part of the problems we have 

i heard all this same patter in McCoist and Warburtons early days when it was going tits up mark my words this will go the same way (and yes there will be other common denominators in there too like shite players and uninterested custodians) 

it's faults all round including Pedro not excluding him 

Ok. We should have hired a manager who can polish a turd.

So I make you the manager of Rangers half a dozen games before the end of a season and give you the current Falkirk squad. You need to beat the Bheasts twice to keep fans like you happy. You will achieve it?

Just now, MasterD said:

If you don't have the players to execute the plan then it's not very logical to set out with that plan :confused:

Given the squad at his disposal, can you give us a rough line up and plan that would be logical? 

Is there a plan that will take into account an 18year old fullback making one of the stupidest tackles your ever likely to see in an old firm game?

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Murty got help from a more experienced manager who knows exactly how bad this Rangers team is. Pedro hasn't been here anywhere near long enough to totally suss these shitebags that are mimicking football players, hopefully he now has realised the dross he has and acts accordingly by ensuring a good number of them that played on Saturday never plays again for Rangers. 

Was it Smith Murty turned to? Why doesn't Pedro do the same? Or does it want to do it his way with his forward thinking tactical know-how that got us humped twice in 6 days?

Just now, K.A.I said:

Was it Smith Murty turned to? Why doesn't Pedro do the same? Or does it want to do it his way with his forward thinking tactical know-how that got us humped twice in 6 days?

Would you really want or thank our current manager asking a previous one for help even if he is in a situation where he can't see the full picture yet. 

If he is a decent manager he learned enough from Saturdays game to now know what's what. 

Pedro is most likely trying to test the squad to see if they can play his way and they can't.

Maybe they do it in training and that gives him confidence for the match but they are not good enough.

Saying it was his fault is what managers do to protect players, similarly when it goes well the manager says the players were great.

The thing that gave me most insight into his thinking was his comments on major changes. I hope he has been given budget figures for next year and is busy identifying targets that can play his way.

4 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Ok. We should have hired a manager who can polish a turd.

So I make you the manager of Rangers half a dozen games before the end of a season and give you the current Falkirk squad. You need to beat the Bheasts twice to keep fans like you happy. You will achieve it?

Jesus Christ so it's upto me, a fan who is honest in his assessments of what went wrong to stop the tarriers? I don't have all the answers I'm not a football coach but Pedro is and is paid handsomely and he doesn't either 

and keep fans like me happy :lol: sorry for thinking yesterday and last week was unacceptable 

I'm even happier I made my original xomment because every single response that's come in has vindicated everything I said 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Would you really want or thank our current manager asking a previous one for help even if he is in a situation where he can't see the full picture yet. 

If he is a decent manager he learned enough from Saturdays game to now know what's what. 

Tbh not really but if it makes the difference then why not?

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm sure that, just like with Stuart McCall, you'll forgive his poor results as it's not his team. 

I find it amazing that people are pointing to murty scraping a late draw as to the manger just in the door not being up to scratch.

This squad have been completely inconsistent all season (and half of last) over 5 games against them we've taken one fucking point. Says enough about the shitebags

Just now, The Dude said:

I'm sure that, just like with Stuart McCall, you'll forgive his poor results as it's not his team. 

No Stuart McCall never had it either. We still had better players than Motherwell and he fucked it.

11 minutes ago, MasterD said:

If you don't have the players to execute the plan then it's not very logical to set out with that plan :confused:

What if we don't have the players to execute any sort of plan? I don't even think they would be capable of parking the bus - not that that's acceptable in an OF game at Ibrox but neither is getting pumped 5-1. No system would have worked.

Caixinha couldn't do much yesterday IMO but I'm not convinced by certain things so far. Even just daft things like naming the team a day before the Killie game then yesterday naming the shape in his pre-match interview. I watched the build up and even Rodgers could tell us exactly how we were lining up. People might think things like that shouldn't matter too much but why give the opposition any sort of advantage?

6 minutes ago, SteppsGer84 said:

Wow using Steven Pressley to try & find solace in a 1-5 defeat against our biggest rivals at home WTF?

No one is trying to find 'solace', it's about examining differing viewpoints.  Agree or disagree with Pressley his rational is worth consideration.  Mind you, in-depth analysis on RM generally consists of 'xyz is pish', or 'abc is shite' which is hardly thought provoking. 

33 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

So basically what some of the more sound minded have been saying, it's the players execution to blame not the manager's tactics 

For fuck sake. 

The first thing any manager does is find out what his players can do. 

All Pedro has done is duplicate what Warburton done. Almost exactly. 

They can't play in a 433 against cellic- we have know that since the start of the season, yet we repeat this formation in almost every game bar murtys last.

yet it's the players fault? Aye they are shite, but we keep setting them up to fail.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Jesus Christ so it's upto me, a fan who is honest in his assessments of what went wrong to stop the tarriers? I don't have all the answers I'm not a football coach but Pedro is and is paid handsomely and he doesn't either 

and keep fans like me happy :lol: sorry for thinking yesterday and last week was unacceptable 

I'm even happier I made my original xomment because every single response that's come in has vindicated everything I said 

You are talking shite. Nobody could have made our squad win that match yesterday. You are an idiot if you think they could.

Said it elsewhere, Pedro doesn't get away with the manner of the defeat IMO.

He stated before the match that he planned to start with the same formation but expected more passion from his players.

The very same formation that was so horribly exposed in the first 45 minutes of the semi Final .. For me that's a horrible mistake from him & he has to accept that & learn from it.

Yes, it's also clear that the players are not up to the task of performing in the Premiership or understanding (or possibly executing) Pedro's tactics but there is plenty of blame to go round for Saturday's result.