Pedro Caixinha had a logical plan to halt Celtic but no-one to execute it

PRW.

Total pish. I'd possibly accept that excuse if we looked half decent at any point in the game. We didn't. It's not as if we looked solid only to be let down by individual errors (although we did get our usual errors). We were an absolute shambles from kick off. 

Or assuming presselys right, what made pedro think the players were going to be able to pull it off this week after last weeks disaster? Naive stupidity 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our players were the architects of our downfall yesterday. Just really basic things like passing. We passed the ball to them constantly yesterday inviting them to attack us again and again. Another thing that has really pissed me off over the two games is players getting back. The semi final, Takesaday was going for a stroll while mcgregor burst a gut to get forward and score the opener. Windass was guilty of that for their 3rd yesterday. Wilson blocks a pass from mcgregor and it breaks to one of their players who actually started off behind windass. Wilson tried to close him down, allowing mcgregor space and it's a goal. 

4 more games. Just have to get through these and see what Pedro has planned. Most of the team will be asked to find a new club IMO. We wont get much for them. It's really going to be hard. This is were i'm not sure the board made the right choice. We needed a manager who could get the best out of these players, not players to fit a managers philosophy unless the board intend to back him with cold hard cash.

Also the decision to bring Garner on for Hyndman was strange when we were being over ran in midfield. 3-0 down you tighten things up. I don't mind Pedro trying to be bold and also he isn't scared to make changes which I applaud as we normally had to wait till 60 mins to make a sub however shite we were but there's a time and a place and also game management has to be taken into consideration 

8 hours ago, Dietspam said:

Our players were the architects of our downfall yesterday. Just really basic things like passing. We passed the ball to them constantly yesterday inviting them to attack us again and again. Another thing that has really pissed me off over the two games is players getting back. The semi final, Takesaday was going for a stroll while mcgregor burst a gut to get forward and score the opener. Windass was guilty of that for their 3rd yesterday. Wilson blocks a pass from mcgregor and it breaks to one of their players who actually started off behind windass. Wilson tried to close him down, allowing mcgregor space and it's a goal. 

4 more games. Just have to get through these and see what Pedro has planned. Most of the team will be asked to find a new club IMO. We wont get much for them. It's really going to be hard. This is were i'm not sure the board made the right choice. We needed a manager who could get the best out of these players, not players to fit a managers philosophy unless the board intend to back him with cold hard cash.

I don't think there is a manager out there that could make this group of players into winners. 

Bar 6 or 7 players in the squad they're never going to have what it takes to make it at Rangers. The sooner they're gone the better and we can start to forget them. 

What's the manager meant to do? If he had a plan and the players aren't good enough or smart enough to execute it that's not his fault.

If he parked 11 players behind the ball and we got beat 1-0 he'd be getting the same level of criticism. Having said that, he's worked with them long enough that maybe he should know they're not capable and he should've tried something else.

I'm still on the fence a bit with Pedro but he shouldn't be judged on these players.

Good article though, interesting read.

11 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

How do you know he didn't want Tav in midfield with Hodson behind him for the last game and he couldn't because of his injury?

Well, Hodson was available at Hampden and never got on so that's a bit of a clue.

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Well, Hodson was available at Hampden and never got on so that's a bit of a clue.

Maybe Caixinha realised that hyndman couldn't play there and wanted to change it but couldn't since Hodson was out

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Why do you keep saying that way out of context? The more you say it doesn't make it more true each time 

the players not being good enough to execute a game plan is different to you saying last week that the players deliberately disobeyed the manager 

you know that's what you said so are you keeping that wee line going to try and persuade yourself otherwise? 

Quote me saying that moron. Still waiting, it was you that made a mongo out of yourself and now your moving the goalposts and lying like a wee lassie instead of admitting you were talking out your arse. :lol:

This should be changed from Rangers Media to the Rangers blame game

Why is everyone so set on having one scapegoat for each bad situation that arises? Things aren't as black and white as that but the attitude is rife on here.

There are many people to blame,  Caixinha is certainly one of them but he isn't the main culprit. 

Everyone gets up in arms when someone criticises his tactics and goes "why are you blaming Pedro instead of the players/board/former manager?" Just because someone says he got it wrong,  which he did, doesn't mean that he's the only one were blaming. 

To also say he's free of blame is ridiculous too he made a cunt of it yesterday. 

19 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Would you really want or thank our current manager asking a previous one for help even if he is in a situation where he can't see the full picture yet. 

If he is a decent manager he learned enough from Saturdays game to now know what's what. 

Why didn't he learn what's what from the semi final last Sunday? Instead we played the exact same system and got pumped again. Stupid decision. 

59 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Why didn't he learn what's what from the semi final last Sunday? Instead we played the exact same system and got pumped again. Stupid decision. 

He's now stating what we all know, he needs at least 12 players next season. Man management stopped him from stating it prior to the last scum game but I suspect he wanted to. The reason we lost by that embarrassing result had nothing to do with tactics, no system could have won that game with the shite players we have.

21 hours ago, K.A.I said:

If you listen to Pedro he says he got it wrong yesterday and he's to blame so who do we believe? 

Faults all round imo 

I think he was trying to divert the flak away from the players - who may get nervous due to the excessive negativity aimed at them and make mistakes - and onto himself who probably can put up with it.

I still believe he's the man for the job. If we can finish the season strongly it will give hope as he starts bringing in his own players.

19 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Our only point- and away from home-against the taigs was via murty. We were organised, and for probably the only game against them this season- didn't look like conceding 5.

I'm not saying he is a hero, my point is he was learning what was required and what his team was capable of against  the taigs. Is Pedro doing that? On the evidence of the last two games the answer is no.

The point we took off them was more to do with them being awful that day than anything else. Let's not kid ourselves.

19 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The point we took off them was more to do with them being awful that day than anything else. Let's not kid ourselves.

I don't agree. To an extent we stopped them playing and they ran out of ideas. 

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I don't agree. To an extent we stopped them playing and they ran out of ideas. 

It's not good what I'm reading it's as if people are downplaying the result just to make excuses for Pedro and refusing to give Murty the credit for it.

If Pedro went to Parkhead played that way and got the same result the same people would be wanking themselves blind 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's not good what I'm reading it's as if people are downplaying the result just to make excuses for Pedro and refusing to give Murty the credit for it.

If Pedro went to Parkhead played that way and got the same result the same people would be wanking themselves blind 

I wouldn't be wanking myself blind if Caixinha got the same result and I'm not refusing to give Murty credit either. He done a decent job for us in the short time he was in charge but I don't think we can deny that they were poor that day as well. Easily the worst performance they've put in against us.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I wouldn't be wanking myself blind if Caixinha got the same result and I'm not refusing to give Murty credit either. He done a decent job for us in the short time he was in charge but I don't think we can deny that they were poor that day as well. Easily the worst performance they've put in against us.

Yeah but he set his team up to stifle them and mark their key players out the game and also press them 

it's a simple game mate 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's no denying Murty did well that day and i was against him being appointed as interim manager.

I'm no buying this at all, what happens next week if he sets the team out to play like Barca and we draw 0-0 because we don't have players like Messi & Saurez & Neymar to implement his ideas and his ideals.

Caixinha has been here 7 weeks, he should be aware of what rhe players are and aren't capable of by now.