Caixinha talks transfers

Guest Lloyd72

32 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

“I won’t be the first or the last coach to go for players I know and trust...." I'm concerned by that comment alone. This club has tried that and it won't work. I don't want a manager that has "his own players", I want a manager who manages Rangers players. What if he's sacked by December? The argument that a manager must have his own players is weak. Pochettino and Conte don't even have their own players. 

He has no option but to do that though. No DOF, no scouting department. Shambles.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

That Sumaila lad looks absolutely awful mate.

Ah ffs, turns out the CBs we've had for the past 4 years have skewed my perception of a decent CB. I just seen age and Ghana international and thought aye he'll do considering its a free:lol:

Well I'd be quite happy with Nemeth and Dorrans as a start. I think the key is to get in 2 sitting midfielders, a striker and a CB so the spine of the team is gelling from the first day of pre-season. 

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

He has no option but to do that though. No DOF, no scouting department. Shambles.

I agree with it being a shambles. No DOF, and still no scouting network after two years. I'd be surprised if we get a DOF anytime soon, and if we don't get one then Caixinha's appointment will make less sense.

39 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

“I won’t be the first or the last coach to go for players I know and trust...." I'm concerned by that comment alone. This club has tried that and it won't work. I don't want a manager that has "his own players", I want a manager who manages Rangers players. What if he's sacked by December? The argument that a manager must have his own players is weak. Pochettino and Conte don't even have their own players. 

When Rodgers went to Celtic he went after players he knew like Sinclair and Toure.  If Pedro knows of players who can do a job for us he should absolutely go and get them.  Hopefully he'll bring in guys that know his formations and systems and can hit the ground running.

1 hour ago, Rickshaw77 said:

The biggest  problem this season has been the spine of the team has been soft.

Most successful teams are built on the foundation of quality pairings in the CB,CMFand strikers who can hit 10-20 goals a season.

Get that fixed and 80% of the problems are sorted.

The biggest Problem has been the board not coming up with the promised investment. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

When Rodgers went to Celtic he went after players he knew like Sinclair and Toure.  If Pedro knows of players who can do a job for us he should absolutely go and get them.  Hopefully he'll bring in guys that know his formations and systems and can hit the ground running.

Toure: not unique to Rodgers; one that had a good reputation for playing football at the very highest level. That leaves one player, and he complimented what was already there.  

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Toure: not unique to Rodgers; one that had a good reputation for playing football at the very highest level. That leaves one player, and he complimented what was already there.  

Mate read what he said when he signed toure. It's cause he knew him. They wouldn't have signed him if he never 

I can't fathom why any fan would not give this guy a fair crack of the whip with his own players. We all know these are the worst players to EVER adorn a Rangers shirt. He should never be judged on their shortcomings. YES, the jury is out but if he's going to hang he needs to be allowed his own rope. 

1 hour ago, Balermory-Bear said:

If it were my choice, we should be taking no risks as this could be disastrous. We needs to buy the best in Scotland outside Celtics. Guys like Moult, Nicholson, Walker, Jack, McClean and Liam Lindsey. Might not be popular but it's the right road. No risks this summer, just can't afford it.

You've just turned us into Motherwell right there. 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate read what he said when he signed toure. It's cause he knew him. They wouldn't have signed him if he never 

Any club in this league would have signed Toure, including ours. Toure is a player who's quality speaks for itself. You knew him, I knew him, everybody in football knew him. My point is that if Caixinha signs a player, he doesn't do so for any other reason other than he is better than any others in this league.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Any club in this league would have signed Toure, including ours. Toure is a player who's quality speaks for itself. You knew him, I knew him, everybody in football knew him. My point is that if Caixinha signs a player, he doesn't do so for any other reason other than he is better than any others in this league.

His quality is that great he doesn't get game time 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't know's point you're proving, yours or mine! Toure was once a very good player, I think if we had the chance of him last season we would have taken him.

He signed him as he worked with him  its simple. Toure also went there as he had a good relationship with the transgender fondler

59 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Why would he not bring players in he knows and trusts?

The opposite then is that he gets players he doesn't know and can't trust them

:lol:

Pochettino and Conte are working with well renound established players. That have been bought for eye watering amounts. The comparison with us is silly

The best managers have worked with and came up against some of the best players in the world which is why those players inevitably bounce around following that manager because he "knows" them. 

Thats how it works and when fresh talent is required then the scouts should be doing their job- that said our scouting is a shambles so we need PC to bring the players in he knows and trusts. 

Simple

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Why would he not bring players in he knows and trusts?

The opposite then is that he gets players he doesn't know and can't trust them

:lol:

Pochettino and Conte are working with well renound established players. That have been bought for eye watering amounts. The comparison with us is silly

The best managers have worked with and came up against some of the best players in the world which is why those players inevitably bounce around following that manager because he "knows" them. 

Thats how it works and when fresh talent is required then the scouts should be doing their job- that said our scouting is a shambles so we need PC to bring the players in he knows and trusts. 

Simple

I think the context here of knowing and trusting is players he's worked with. Any good manager will know and trust players who he hasn't worked with before; including those two I mentioned. So no, the opposite is not the case.

8 hours ago, WWTC said:

Han Kook-young

If hes goin with players he knows they'll be in with a shout"

Sounds like a Chinese orphan who was adopted by the Young's from Rutherglen

I've been critical of him, especially after the two Celtic games

But this is actually one interview I like, he comes across like he knows what players are needed and he's already planning ahead, probably made contact with certain players.

Whether we like it or not, he's going to be here next season, we may as well get behind him and hope his signings are the right ones 

Managers bring in players they know will help get the dressing room and on field issues together as previously having worked with them it helps get a more positive message over when some may be having doubts about him. 

I get the feeling Caixinha likes to build a team full of aggressive players who won't shite out of anything

And we have a group of players at the moment who are the polar-opposite of that

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I get the feeling Caixinha likes to build a team full of aggressive players who won't shite out of anything

And we have a group of players at the moment who are the polar-opposite of that

Warburton built a team who he thought were going to pass it's way to success.

in truth they were shite.

Like you say we need aggression, pace and power.

I'll give PC till Xmas and see how it is. We can't afford to have got this wrong 

17 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He signed him as he worked with him  its simple. Toure also went there as he had a good relationship with the transgender fondler

If he'd came to us instead of them there's no way Sinclair, Dembele or Toure follow him here. No money, no CL.

Warburton has as many links to quality players (quality if only by SPFL standards) as Rodgers and he was reduced to going with his 2nd or 3rd choices. Particularly last summer.