Pedro Planning for next season.

Smile

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Caixinha, who replaced Warburton at the weekend, said: 'This is the squad we have for now and we really trust the players we have right now. For us, this is the best squad in Scotland. We just need to give them confidence.'

I get why he said it and it was an attempt to build confidence within the squad but I'm just wary of being confident based on sound bites especially when it is so contradictory.

He gave them a chance. They failed, so fuck them.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

He gave them a chance. They failed, so fuck them.

I have zero care or sympathy for our current squad, they can fuck right off. My point is it's alright talking a good game but different backing it up. The easiest answer is always the one people want to hear.

13 hours ago, WGOH said:

Needs to build a squad around a big hardy bastard who'll tackle anything in site and can also pass the ball.

Basically the spine of the team is the most important 3 signings we will make imo, centre back, centre mid, striker.

Yeah and the good thing is that this gaffer sounds like he knows a proper determined type of player when he see's one. The last few weeks has driven me nuts but if he gets the spine right we will improve dramatically as long as his system is right. Hopefully we can finally have a solid foundation to the team after all these years of impostors and sissies. It's fucking irritating as fuck to think how much time and cash we have wasted since 2012.

Cheers for posting this OP. 

Who do people think are the players he will tell are not wanted? I will guess at

moh

kiernan

hodgson

mckay

forrester

hill,toral ,hyndman(out of contract anyway)

that's 8 players,would like to see more but with lengthy contracts,(and being shite) it's hard to move them on

We will not have too much trouble moving a lot of these players on provided we are prepared to take a loss. Warburton is a kind of fixated personality and he would no doubt want Tavernier, Kiernan, Garner and Fod, maybe a few others. Teams like Norwich will look to build by letting go their expensive players and buying Championship style players, that is what we have to sell, Championship players. (I won't call them 'men')

I would let Pedro have his go and see where it takes us but I bet he will not be talking about second place before a ball is even kicked.

7 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Who do people think are the players he will tell are not wanted? I will guess at

moh

kiernan

hodgson

mckay

forrester

hill,toral ,hyndman(out of contract anyway)

that's 8 players,would like to see more but with lengthy contracts,(and being shite) it's hard to move them on

I think he'll keep Fod, Wallace, Wilson, Windass, Dodoo and Miller. 

The rest will be released, the guys you mentioned will be bought down in England and MOH will be used for a transfer for a Scottish based player IMO. 

The only players I can see us having that the majority don't want due to cost and ability is Krancjar, Holt and Halliday. 

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think he'll keep Fod, Wallace, Wilson, Windass, Dodoo and Miller. 

The rest will be released, the guys you mentioned will be bought down in England and MOH will be used for a transfer for a Scottish based player IMO. 

The only players I can see us having that the majority don't want due to cost and ability is Krancjar, Holt and Halliday. 

I would get shot of Windass as well. Dodoo, for me, is an impact sub. I think Holt has improved playing under Pedro but he's still too lightweight, however I wouldn't be too upset if he kept him because he is an intelligent player who covers every blade of grass. I agree about Wes, Miller, Wilson and Wallace.

40 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

If he let's them know next week, there's a good chance we will lose our unbeaten record to the sheep as they wont bother their arse

See TBH I can see us losing it whether he tells them next week or not :depressed:

Just now, jintybear said:

I would get shot of Windass as well. Dodoo, for me, is an impact sub. I think Holt has improved playing under Pedro but he's still too lightweight, however I wouldn't be too upset if he kept him because he is an intelligent player who covers every blade of grass. I agree about Wes, Miller, Wilson and Wallace.

There's just something about Windass for me I don't think we should be giving up on him yet. I like Dodoo tbh, hardly plays in his natural position and made Mckay look extremely poor when he came out at half time against Partick, put two crosses into to box and had a shot on goal within 5 minutes. He's a striker, and whilst he won't be our main one for a while I'd like to see him play there with Miller or another. 

Holt doesn't contribute enough for me, but his 2020 contract means we'll probably have to keep him anyway. 

33 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

We will not have too much trouble moving a lot of these players on provided we are prepared to take a loss. Warburton is a kind of fixated personality and he would no doubt want Tavernier, Kiernan, Garner and Fod, maybe a few others. Teams like Norwich will look to build by letting go their expensive players and buying Championship style players, that is what we have to sell, Championship players. (I won't call them 'men')

I would let Pedro have his go and see where it takes us but I bet he will not be talking about second place before a ball is even kicked.

Would love to see it but I don't think we'll get rid of these without taking a hit in some way. They are lower championship at best so I would be surprised if even Warburton comes in for them. 

21 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Yeah that's a good shout. I'd keep them and dump the rest.

I think Windass is a half-trick pony who does the little Templeton run but doesn't even have as good a shot on him. Don't know if we'll get rid though as he is from the bottom division down there and none of them type of teams can afford to pay the guy anywhere near what we have probably given him. Same with the other one. 

Think quite a few of the guys Pedro wants shot off will have to go out on loan.

16 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Easy telling players they aren't part of his plans. The hard bit is trying to convince teams to buy shite like Waghorn, Kiernan, Garner, Halliday, Holt, Windas....

They will all be given free transfers, they're worthless.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Be a big mistake letting McKay go imo,one of the few in the squad with ability confidence looks shot at the minute but there's definitely a player in there 

I agree, hopefully he will stay and learn some techniques to help him with his confidence. He is a classic "confidence" player isn't he? when he's up he's fantastic but when he's down he's utter mince.

But yes, there is a player in there. :tu:

21 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Be a big mistake letting McKay go imo,one of the few in the squad with ability confidence looks shot at the minute but there's definitely a player in there 

Problem is he has only 1 yr left on his contract so unless he signs a new one, and I think he turned down a new one earlier in the season, we have to sell him to get a reasonable fee rather than let him go next year for nothing 

16 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Yes there is a player in there, but not for us.

A year to prove himself and failed with one decent game in ten. The toughness is also just not there, either physically or mentally. He is actually worse than those that don't have the technical ability and he isn't going to get any better. Very unreliable and there comes a time when you have to cut your losses..

11 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Caixinha, who replaced Warburton at the weekend, said: 'This is the squad we have for now and we really trust the players we have right now. For us, this is the best squad in Scotland. We just need to give them confidence.'

I get why he said it and it was an attempt to build confidence within the squad but I'm just wary of being confident based on sound bites especially when it is so contradictory.

Its the best squad that we can have just now. Thats what he meant.. of course he didnt mean that its the best squad in scotland.