Pedro says new signings are close

RFC55

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ryju84 said:

Maybe his system will work in Scotland. And I am not convinced it is 'the system' at fault.

Up here it is all harsher challenges / hammer throwing as opposed to skillful football. 

Our current squad are lightweight, and shoved off the ball easy (Holt, McKay etc... (even though those two are far from our worst players)) 

If Pedro brings in physically larger players, who aren't going to bottle it, then we could be in for a different season.

Agreed, also Pedro has contacts he can use to help him find what's required.

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed, also Pedro has contacts he can use to help him find what's required.

See , this is the scary bit . 

We are having to rely on individual contacts rather than have a system in place as a club , irrespective of who the manager is . 

9 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Even the decent players I used to get I'd fuck over, Got mendes on the day before he left and Beasley the week before he got a 6 month injury :lol::lol:

Any chance you'd consider getting Kiernan on the back of your shirt this time?

Just now, gmcf said:

We are having to rely on individual contacts rather than have a system in place as a club , irrespective of who the manager is . 

It is scary that we don't have a scouting system, but what we do have is a scouting committee with SR etc. Also Pedro has a contacts in different markets. Hopefully some of these agents will be on his list

Jonathan Barnett (Stellar)
Jorge Mendes (Gestifute)
Volker Struth (SportsTotal)
Mino Raiola
Jose Otin (Bahia International)
Pinhas Zahavi
Jerome Anderson (SEM)
Thomas Kroth (PRO Profil)
Simon Bayliff (Wasserman Media Group)
Andrea Pastorello

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11377682/The-20-most-powerful-football-agents-in-European-football.html

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It is scary that we don't have a scouting system, but what we do have is a scouting committee with SR etc. Also Pedro has a contacts in different markets. Hopefully some of these agents will be on his list

Jorge Mendes (Gestifute)
Mino Raiola
Pinhas Zahavi
Jerome Anderson (SEM)
Andrea Pastorello

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11377682/The-20-most-powerful-football-agents-in-European-football.html

Yeah , let's hope so. 

Hopefully once we get a DoF we can maintain a more robust scouting system , for the club as a whole , instead of relying on individuals . 

Just now, gmcf said:

Yeah , let's hope so. 

Hopefully once we get a DoF we can maintain a more robust scouting system , for the club as a whole , instead of relying on individuals . 

Agreed. DoF is also what Pedro prefers. I've got a hunch that the football board have someone lined up but are waiting for the transfer window.

What's a scouting network? 

A team connected to Rangers to scout players across Britain and Europe and make recommendations 

or

Contacts, agents and previous players that the Gaffer and his team knows directly and has used before and he trusts 

I think they are actually the same thing as no manager comes here knowing nobody and nothing 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What's a scouting network? 

A team connected to Rangers to scout players across Britain and Europe and make recommendations 

or

Contacts, agents and previous players that the Gaffer and his team knows directly and has used before and he trusts 

I think they are actually the same thing as no manager comes here knowing nobody and nothing 

We don't have a scouting system, we have a scouting committee with SR and the team that scouted for the manager and DoF. Those two positions should help to start a rebuild of the club's scouting network with their contacts.

33 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

A brand of physically and mentally strong players is what he needs as a spine of the team from back to front. You can supplement players like Mckay, Wilson and Foderingham around them and I believe those players would become better for it. 

This. Yes, this squad is utter shite but IMO there's a few players that with better players around them could improve. Next season with a decent core of a team the likes of Wilson, McKay, Tav and Wallace could get a lot better.

12 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Over £20,000 week on MOH and Senderos :britney:

Goes back to what people say about us really taking our time and focusing our attention on getting fewer good players rather than simply getting loads of average ones.

Warburton is a mongo, he's saying he's 100% committed to the forest job, and he's also saying he wants a smaller squad.

Deja vue, the guy is a complete cliché of himself and he's put us back a few seasons with his shite players and pseudo-philosophies.

55 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Agreed. The board even knows that but they don't have the expertise to set up a scouting network, they need the DOF to do that but we're still waiting on his "imminent" appointment.

We need an extensive, far and wide club database with knowledge on thousands of players to give the manager options. Not just a manager picking from players he knows of.

7 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Agreed. The board even knows that but they don't have the expertise to set up a scouting network, they need the DOF to do that but we're still waiting on his "imminent" appointment.

We need an extensive, far and wide club database with knowledge on thousands of players to give the manager options. Not just a manager picking from players he knows of.

Yep . That in a nutshell is why I'm in favour of a DoF . I'm just hoping that the board deliver on this and didn't just float it as a sound bite . Time will tell I guess . 

9 minutes ago, Misteral said:

We all hope whoever is signed is up to the standard but we need to give the new players time to gel with whoever is staying. Fingers crossed they work out and we can have a less embarrassing season than this one. 

That's brilliant, mate. But for me there is absolutely nothing unrealistic in believing Rangers can challenge for all domestic honours. The league is the tough one obviously, but the cups are doable.

3 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

That's brilliant, mate. But for me there is absolutely nothing unrealistic in believing Rangers can challenge for all domestic honours. The league is the tough one obviously, but the cups are doable.

We have been challenging for domestic honours to an extent even whilst we have been down in the lower leagues . Nothing to swing from the rooftops about but even as shite as we have been the last few years we have still made a few semi finals and a final so yes the cups are always realistic targets . 

7 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

He'll be a good player for us at CM if we get a decent DM and a number 10 in our midfield. 

I don't think he'll ever be a key player for us but he's somebody I'd be looking to keep a hold of for next season because he's a decent option to have in the squad and we have far worse players than him who should be replaced first.

37 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Warburton is a mongo, he's saying he's 100% committed to the forest job, and he's also saying he wants a smaller squad.

Deja vue, the guy is a complete cliché of himself and he's put us back a few seasons with his shite players and pseudo-philosophies.

If he put us back a few seasons would that put us in league one? Warburton is and was not the major problem at this club. We'll see next season how he does with proper financial support; already he has done well in keeping Forest in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

Jorge Mendes (Gestifute)
Mino Raiola
Pinhas Zahavi
Jerome Anderson (SEM)
Andrea Pastorello

It's incredible really that this issue is still going on, and it says a lot about the running of the club at the moment.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

We have been challenging for domestic honours to an extent even whilst we have been down in the lower leagues . Nothing to swing from the rooftops about but even as shite as we have been the last few years we have still made a few semi finals and a final so yes the cups are always realistic targets . 

Exactly my point. I go on the same rollercoaster as everyone else, but there's obviously a decent chance of winning something next season. It's all speculation at this point about Pedro, but if he turns out right we'll likely have some genuine good times soon enough. I do fear for us in Europe though tbh.

24 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

Exactly my point. I go on the same rollercoaster as everyone else, but there's obviously a decent chance of winning something next season. It's all speculation at this point about Pedro, but if he turns out right we'll likely have some genuine good times soon enough. I do fear for us in Europe though tbh.

My real worry with Europe is first of all being prepared for the backwater ties we could face in the first two rounds . Always a chance of a scalp there particular with our current squad . Then you have the champions league fall outs joining later on . That is going to be a massive step up at this stage . All ifs and buts just now though