The 'funny foreigner' media campaign continues

Agreed, OP. Scottish people are weird about people coming in and changing things in general. I've even heard some Rangers fans at it.

He's a bit eccentric and foreign and different and that just won't do. There's no way the press would give a traditional Scottish type manager the same grief if they had achieved the same set of results. It's almost like an attempt at bullying at times. The new guy the clique don't like.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the process of logging on to RM tonight I noticed a media headline saying that Sutton says Rangers are doomed under Pedro. 

Yet more Rangers baiting it seems.  

The thing is with all of the hostile media reporting ........we never seem to see senior Club representatives putting in a counter-attack.   No action taken to hold the journos and folk like Sutton to account.     Is it just to be Pedro making statements before and after games that defend the Club and the Manager?  

Is there such a dearth of spine, a dearth of willingness, a dearth of pride in defending the Club that the MD or a senior Director or - dare I even say it - the absentee Chairman are not willing to wade in with a defence of the Club and of the manager they appointed?   Are they just going to shrug their corporate shoulders and shuffle their brogue-shod feet and suffer in silence?   

Why, I ask, are the Directors not on the warpath about the extent to which hostile media reporting of Rangers has become institutionalised ....... and unopposed?    Their tolerance of this is, to my mind, a patent sign of weakness and an error.   It is simply encouraging the Nicholases and the Suttons, and now add McInnes to take free and unopposed swipes at Rangers.

Again Sutton and Michael Stewart were a disgrace tonight, Attacking the man for no reason at all, Sutton saying Pedro has verbal diarrhoea is fucking laughable.

I still don't get the negative spin on Pedro talking up jack in the media when asked the question, the press done the same with Rodgers and Solanke, but that was fine, he's allowed to talk about other clubs players.

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Not the first time Lincoln has regretted inviting bheast supporters to their football club.

Pedro has that kinda 'don't give a fuck attitude' that he might just mention Lincoln City if pressed on Suttons comments.

These pricks are media whores who will say anything anti Rangers to get attention,if it all goes good for us and Pedro they will say nothing and their earlier comments will be forgotten.

If they are right and he fails they will be telling everyone how they told us so.

If we are honest Pedro, in a few weeks, has turned a team that dominated games and possession albeit with no real end result into a team that looks as if they have never seen a football never mind played a team game. No organisation,little idea about defending or building attacks and playing like a poor bottom six outfit at best.

No matter what we think about Sutton and the rest we should not be blinded by that when  anyone who goes to our games can see how poor his coaching and tactics / communication with the players is.

Talking and posturing does not hide reality.

3 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

If we are honest Pedro, in a few weeks, has turned a team that dominated games and possession albeit with no real end result into a team that looks as if they have never seen a football never mind played a team game. No organisation,little idea about defending or building attacks and playing like a poor bottom six outfit at best.

No matter what we think about Sutton and the rest we should not be blinded by that when  anyone who goes to our games can see how poor his coaching and tactics / communication with the players is.

Talking and posturing does not hide reality.

Nb charlie

This doesn't really bother me

If they're getting this annoyed over Pedro now,  just think how raging they're gonnae be if he wins the league or when we beat them :lol:

They can't stand that he doesn't play their game. I'm not a big Pedro fan but at least he gets the tims wound up

I think he's playing a blinder. 

The past two months, as he's said, were about assessing the squad and working out a plan to recruit before the first match of next season. 

I'm willing to wait and see how we are come January. 

On 19/05/2017 at 11:33 AM, K.A.I said:

For all I've said the others this week were right in what they said about him, Nicholas saying he thinks he owns the country is fucking ridiculous 

it reeks of him jumping on the bandwagon 

the others were constructive but he's just baiting like a wee fanny 

Everyone knows you're the wee fanny. 

Guy is a fucking mess. He's meant to be a sports journo but barely ever writes about football. He spends more time talking about boardroom battles and sucking lego cock and skippy mcdonald cock. He only ever tweets this shit to incite a barrage of abuse, never responds and then pisses off. He just likes to inflame nothing incidents, and I guess by getting all the replies he does, and myself taking the time out to respond probably pleases the cunt no end. 

Pedro was clearly just taking a mere few moments out of his time to show appreciation for the fans, the most dedicated away support in football. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think he really knew what was happening.

Pedro may not be the answer for us. He has made some mistakes already and has a lot to prove. He has massive job on his hands but fuck me these cunts really appear to be out to get him, to embarrass, ridicule and make a mockery of our manager, yet no one is publicly defending him. By all means criticise his managerial ability but some of the shit is getting unnecessarily personal and out of hand IMO. Pedro is our manager and deserves a bit more respect than he is getting from these cunts. Honestly hate them so much.........

On 19/05/2017 at 7:42 PM, Inigo said:

Agreed, OP. Scottish people are weird about people coming in and changing things in general. I've even heard some Rangers fans at it.

He's a bit eccentric and foreign and different and that just won't do. There's no way the press would give a traditional Scottish type manager the same grief if they had achieved the same set of results. It's almost like an attempt at bullying at times. The new guy the clique don't like.

But if someone Scottish (I.e. DM) came in, they'd go from being the bright new hope of Scottish football management to a fucking pariah overnight, and would be equally hunted by the media because its Rangers 

Make no mistake the love in for McInnes ends the instant he leaves Aberdeen for Rangers, had it happened. 

Either way the manager is fucked regardless of who he is. Could get fucking zidane in and the cunts in the press would say its a "risky move" etc etc 

That said I still think Pedro is a fucking donkey.