Ibrox Maintenance

Guest Lloyd72

On 2017-5-30 at 2:45 PM, bluegecko said:

I'll be happy when we have hot water in the toilets.  655 quid for a season ticket to be treated like cattle. I get that things have been neglected but ffs hot waters a simple thing 

They should also have separate toilets for smokers and some that are just full of cubicles for the coke heads. ?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

If it was structural problems it would be  way over that . What I would expect to need done is the cladding fixed to the structural beams that are needing done and that figure probably would be about right . This I think could be phased over a couple/ 3 close seasons. 

I think this could be it, I think the beams etc were worse than expected all it's needing done sooner rather than later.    But it's a small price to pay for what is one of the best stadiums in the world.

But fix the bloody corners and move those seats and get the capacity up to 60,000 like in the bluebells are blue video when Murray showed us the model and it was not like the stadium now, it was seats all the way around linking the  stands together except the main stand.   

But at least they are getting around to it as Ibrox is in all our hearts and if we fans need to raise say £1million to help repair her I would not see many fans complaining about it.  

On 5/30/2017 at 2:45 PM, bluegecko said:

I'll be happy when we have hot water in the toilets.  655 quid for a season ticket to be treated like cattle. I get that things have been neglected but ffs hot waters a simple thing 

This.

I also want an African gentleman on hand to provide me with some blue roll to dry my hands before offering me use of a wide selection of fragrances in exchange for some change.

14 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

They should also have separate toilets for smokers and some that are just full of cubicles for the coke heads. ?

Dan as a non smoker of ciggies I believe the solution would be by to open one exit each stand and erecting a fence around  with a couple of stewards so no one can climb over it.( To get away most probably ? ). This would solve the lower parts of the stands at least..

Ffs watching that last season I suprised cunts were not smoking crack at half time.  

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I think this could be it, I think the beams etc were worse than expected all it's needing done sooner rather than later.    But it's a small price to pay for what is one of the best stadiums in the world.

But fix the bloody corners and move those seats and get the capacity up to 60,000 like in the bluebells are blue video when Murray showed us the model and it was not like the stadium now, it was seats all the way around linking the  stands together except the main stand.   

But at least they are getting around to it as Ibrox is in all our hearts and if we fans need to raise say £1million to help repair her I would not see many fans complaining about it.  

If they found serious structural damage they would have to have repaired it otherwise we would not get a safety certificate. I would love the corners to be done but the way it was originally was done means the corners are structural supports so the. Pats would be bogey . Taking a guess around 10-20 mil . Might be better to try to put an extra tier on Govan, Copeland or Broomloan stands but again I don't know if the costs would allow a decent payback or if we had the demand to fill it during ordinary games 

7 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

If they found serious structural damage they would have to have repaired it otherwise we would not get a safety certificate. I would love the corners to be done but the way it was originally was done means the corners are structural supports so the. Pats would be bogey . Taking a guess around 10-20 mil . Might be better to try to put an extra tier on Govan, Copeland or Broomloan stands but again I don't know if the costs would allow a decent payback or if we had the demand to fill it during ordinary games 

Only the Govan takes an extra tier as far as I know but I would still consider the corners first then that. it's only the rear they would need structure for as the front of it is already done , yes the shop,etc would need to go but I don't think it would not cost anywhere near that for the corners.  Ffs the piggery never even cost that for the whole thing ?

9 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Only the Govan takes an extra tier as far as I know but I would , it's only the rear they would need structure for as the front of it is already back,  yes the shop,etc would need to go but I don't think it would cost anywhere near that for the corners.  Ffs the piggery never even cost that fir the whole thing ?

Just taking a guess on the costs , I have a construction background but not exactly my area. The corners would definitely not be cheap but would love it done . I think the could do either end as well as there is sufficient ground but like you I would prefer the corners done

20 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Dan as a non smoker of ciggies I believe the solution would be by to open one exit each stand and erecting a fence around  with a couple of stewards so no one can climb over it.( To get away most probably ? ). This would solve the lower parts of the stands at least..

Ffs watching that last season I suprised cunts were not smoking crack at half time.  

That's actually a good idea to open exits. It's funny watching the smokers. 

34 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

They do that in England at some grounds, they did it at Derby when we were there. 

I smoke and I've smoked in the toilets, would be easier for everyone if they just let folk out as you say

43 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

They do that in England at some grounds, they did it at Derby when we were there. 

I smoke and I've smoked in the toilets, would be easier for everyone if they just let folk out as you say

Horrible behaviour mate. There's kids about and you're in there killing them. Shocker. Thought you were one of the good guys. 

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

"Structural damage" is too strong a term for something that may only need maintenance- if it was the steel structure then that can be maintained in a very standard way; if it was anything else it would be a apparent, which it isn't. The roof is getting work done to it, so what needs to be done is getting done. Ibrox is a great stadium, and even the atmosphere was taken into account when it was being constructed. It has also been used as the benchmark for others to follow when building stadiums.

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Copland bear said:

I have heard the 3 stands structures are fucked and it's gonna cost £4.5 million to fix that's the Copland, Broomloan and Govan , it's because they have not been maintained for years.  

Let's knock this 'rumour' on the head right away. My line of work has me directly involved in these repairs.

The structure of the stadium is 100% sound - i repeat 100% sound.

The cladding sheets on the roof are past their lifetime expectancy - there will be a complete roof overclad on all 3 stands. The fascias and the underside cladding will be stripped and re-clad but access makes this very problematic so it will be done over the next 3 pre-seasons 

The translucents on the sides of the Copland and Broomloan will also be replaced during close seasons.

So to confirm - the stadium is completely and utterly structurally sound and safe.It's the coverings that need replacing which considering is almost 40yrs old it's done well. 

Standard and what you would expect to have happened every year, I'm sure it was Bain that stopped the Maintenance contracts so at least one if not two board members of the current board knew this was a Problem coming.  

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Let's knock this 'rumour' on the head right away. My line of work has me directly involved in these repairs.

The cladding sheets on the roof are past their lifetime expectancy - there will be a complete roof overclad on all 3 stands. The fascias and the underside cladding will be stripped and re-clad but access makes this very problematic so it will be done over the next 3 pre-seasons 

The translucents on the sides of the Copland and Broomloan will also be replaced during close seasons.

So to confirm - the stadium is completely and utterly structurally sound and safe.It's the coverings that need replacing which considering is almost 40yrs old it's done well. 

It's the Scum that push this viewpoint on our stadium falling down as theirs needs support in place to keep it standing.

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Copland bear said:

I can assure you he is not, how could he tell me le Guen was coming before Christmas 3 months before it was announced ? Every cunt in my work called bullshit the tarrier s said he would not touch us with a barge poll.

I do not want this to be any truer  either but as I said the wee man is normally spot on, I agree about the bullshitters and I actually contacted the guy who started this thread yesterday about what I had heard as I did not want to post it on here.   

Mate, just give up. Your pal is taking pure and utter shite - end of! 

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Well said mate. Can you comment on smoking and how it's damaging the stadium and bears health 

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

Just taking a guess on the costs , I have a construction background but not exactly my area. The corners would definitely not be cheap but would love it done . I think the could do either end as well as there is sufficient ground but like you I would prefer the corners done

I always thought the fully seated corner images looked crap due the beams that would be needed to support them.

Anyway right now we have no need for a bigger capacity, it just looks terrible on tv when you see all the blue seat gaps at games. 

9 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Do you have any feel for the design life of the fundamental structures of the stands?

It's something that's concerned me, the fact that all the stands are getting on a bit now, around 40 years. If they were well built to last, which appears to be the case, then there's no reason why the stadium couldn't last decades (twenty years or more even) in its current form. But if there were really significant problems either now or in the next decade or so then of course that becomes quite a big issue for us. 

Just now, Gman36 said:

Do you have any feel for the design life of the fundamental structures of the stands?

It's something that's concerned me, the fact that all the stands are getting on a bit now, around 40 years. If they were well built to last, which appears to be the case, then there's no reason why the stadium couldn't last decades (twenty years or more even) in its current form. But if there were really significant problems either now or in the next decade or so then of course that becomes quite a big issue for us. 

To answer that quickly - the main stand was built in 1929 and has had another stand built on it since 

there is absolutely nothing to worry about 

23 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Thank fuck someone has put this to bed.  

Not involved in this directly, but from previous, if there were "structural issues" to that value I'd expect (at worst) our safety certificate to be revoked (or not even issued!) or, at best, restrictions on the use of the stadium, either by reducing numbers or installation of temporary supports whilst the stadium was not in use...like other places. 

13 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Imagine the board doing things they said they'd do...

Bastards. 

Imagine 4 years backlog of maintenance when this board has been in place for more than half that time but it's always some other bogeymen to blame.

15 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Thank fuck someone has put this to bed.  

Not involved in this directly, but from previous, if there were "structural issues" to that value I'd expect (at worst) our safety certificate to be revoked (or not even issued!) or, at best, restrictions on the use of the stadium, either by reducing numbers or installation of temporary supports whilst the stadium was not in use...like other places. 

If there truly were structural issues restrictions would be put on its use, areas closed down, repairs demanded within a set time frame, etc.. We would be talking H&S here, and no one would want to be held responsible for an incident that could be traced back to known issues.

True, the place looks like a freaking toilet (and it does, so let's not get into any arguments on it), but there is not a thing to suggest its basic structure isn't sound.