Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

Not odd at all he's fighting a big puncher who crumbles fighter in heavier weights

Sure, and Mayweather has fought such big punchers (and ones who are actually professional boxers into the bargain too) already and wasn't put to sleep when they hit him. In other words nobody knows for certain whether he could take a punch from McGregor, but all the available evidence points to "of course he fucking could" and literally no evidence points to "No he couldn't", so it's odd to side with no evidence over the actual instances where we've seen him get hit flush by hard punchers and take it.

11 hours ago, gogzy said:

We shall have to see.  I remember when all the UFC fans ( including me) were saying that there way no way Connor would lay a glove on Aldo. 

Must admit I think the gloves make a big difference. Boxing gloves smother half your face but those MMA things are not much more than hands. You'd need to be Bruce Lee to catch punches with them. I think its differences between the sports like that which make it more difficult to take punches. How many times in MMA do you see someone stand against the cage soaking up punishment without being hurt? It doesn't seem to happen from what I've seen and its obvious why. How can you block with gloves the size of your hands? I think that's why MMA is so different outwith the kicks/wrestling and stuff when it comes to pure fist fighting. 

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:10 PM, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

People seeing it for what it is is precisely why they aren't enjoying it.

Great post mate. At first you think fuck this utter wank, bollocks, bullshit, event but then the fact it includes the two best fighters in each sport who travel everywhere and spread that hype via social media means that its going to go global in the material world.

Your post sums up the world my friend. I love you :guiness:

4 hours ago, JamieD said:

Sure, and Mayweather has fought such big punchers (and ones who are actually professional boxers into the bargain too) already and wasn't put to sleep when they hit him. In other words nobody knows for certain whether he could take a punch from McGregor, but all the available evidence points to "of course he fucking could" and literally no evidence points to "No he couldn't", so it's odd to side with no evidence over the actual instances where we've seen him get hit flush by hard punchers and take it.

And that heavier weight he crumbles fighters at is 155. He's fighting Mayweather at 154...

I'm a bigger McGregor fan than most on here (wouldn't be hard tbh) and even I know he doesn't stand a chance. This fight is literally a guy who has never boxed professionally against one of the best ever! I expect to look something like the Gatti fight.

11 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

I'm a bigger McGregor fan than most on here (wouldn't be hard tbh) and even I know he doesn't stand a chance. This fight is literally a guy who has never boxed professionally against one of the best ever! I expect to look something like the Gatti fight.

I expect fanny baws to look like a complete fud in a boxing ring it is a circus and pay day that is all it is.

Watch Mayweather get nailed by Mosely. The 30 seconds afterwards are a masterclass in evasive boxing. No MMA fighter is trained to do that, because it is a relatively pointless skill in that sport. Regardless, a Hall of Fame masterful boxer/puncher in Mosely, a guy who had spent 20+ yrs learning boxing, with 50 odd pro fights and thousands of sparred rounds, could not lay another glove on a rattled Mayweather.

Lomachenko, with a pedigree of being one of the best amatuer boxers ever (and developed into a brilliant pro), got beaten in his 2nd pro fight, against a grizzled fringe level veteran in Saldido, largely due to a lack of experience in the pro game.

I expect McGregor will be game, if ragged, on the offence, it is his defence that will let him down. He almost certainly will walk onto punches, he probably will leave big gaps and well.... if Mayweather times these, he will go down. Nobody in MMA has the timing or technique of a top level professional boxer when it comes to punching, and nobody in MMA has the defensive boxing skills of a top level pro boxer.

The bigger gloves don't cause as much damage, but they carry more momentum. It's momentum of a punch that knocks people out.

5 hours ago, the goal machine said:

I don't think Floyd is any where near as quick or good now but against an MMA guy it will look that way until the ref stops it. He'll carry the boy until he's puffed out first. Would be better if it was more of a trench fighter like Paquiao but Mayweather makes it a lot more predictable. 1 round Pacquiao and 7 Mayweather. It's like a clueless Ricky Hatton. Dangerous but way out of his level.

3 minutes ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

I know fuck all about technical boxing or UFC but the whole world will be watching this spectacle and this will probably be the start of many boxing/MMA crossovers. I canny wait for it......

I won't be watching this pantomime...I have always detested Mayweather and the other cunt is a scum bag..So fuck the pair of them..Money making shite..But then that is only my humble opinion and like arseholes..Everybody has one.. 

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I won't be watching this pantomime...I have always detested Mayweather and the other cunt is a scum bag..So fuck the pair of them..Money making shite..But then that is only my humble opinion and like arseholes..Everybody has one.. 

Mate I like the wrestling so I'm used to seeing all this pantomime. I said to my wee pal in work yesterday, bet they're all laughing and joking when they get away from the cameras. Both men are printing money, would love to see that wee tarrier get his face smashed in lol.

15 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

giphy.gif  (caught a bit of it on SSN , loada pantomime bollox ffs , hope Mayweather knocks the Leprechaun clean out , although tae fuck with the both of them . 

3 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

giphy.gif  (caught a bit of it on SSN , loada pantomime bollox ffs , hope Mayweather knocks the Leprechaun clean out , although tae fuck with the both of them . 

A solo terror attack were the only 3 taken out are those 2 cunts and the perpetrator..??..Or is that too much...:hmmm: 

11 minutes ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

I know fuck all about technical boxing or UFC but the whole world will be watching this spectacle and this will probably be the start of many boxing/MMA crossovers. I canny wait for it......

Doubt it mate unless McGregor gets lucky. I think this fight will put MMA back in it's own lane. Floyd will completely school the boy even at 40 years old. He'll need to take it easy to for a few rounds to give the punters something to watch. No doubt he'll set back on them ropes at some point in the first three rounds and MMA fans will be thinking Conor is beating him. It's all a bit like that when your favourite is being taught by Mayweather. The guy must have pissed off just about all of us at some point. It is what it is and he is the master. I still don't know how he manages such fearsome fighters in such a small space but he owns them all. He is one of the best ever and we are lucky to witness him. That's why boxing fans will tune in. It's like going to see Bob Dylan. McGregor can't lose as he gets well paid and the boxing experience of a lifetime. Considering he's a almost a novice it's some gig.

No wonder many boxers are raging. Look at triple G having to wait so long just to get a Canelo pension. It's shite to be honest something needs done about it to improve boxing. MMA fans are lucky as it seems to me that the fights get made much more quickly.

As far as this training fight goes though, I see it becoming completely one sided from the third onwards. It will be from the first but I mean by how it looks. McGregor will stop trying so much and throw less like the all do because he can't stop getting hit when he does. Then Floyd will showboat a little before getting the job done after five. I think he will need to slow down to make it less of a circus as people will have paid a lot of money to see it. 

I'm glad I'll see him again but just wish it was against Canelo again. He's too old for that type of fight though so I don't blame him for sparring with McGregor instead for that price. 

Don't see this happening again until another hype machine arrives as MMA fighters can't box at the same level. It would fuck them up them up to become so dedicated to boxing in MMA as the rest of their game would suffer. If they showed sufficient skill earlier then they would be as well making money in boxing. I think that's what McGregor done. It's been a good choice as he would only be a journeyman in boxing now he gets a massive payday, fame, and a chance to land an unforgettable punch. The boys done well for himself here.

12 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Doubt it mate unless McGregor gets lucky. I think this fight will put MMA back in it's own lane. Floyd will completely school the boy even at 40 years old. He'll need to take it easy to for a few rounds to give the punters something to watch. No doubt he'll set back on them ropes at some point in the first three rounds and MMA fans will be thinking Conor is beating him. It's all a bit like that when your favourite is being taught by Mayweather. The guy must have pissed off just about all of us at some point. It is what it is and he is the master. I still don't know how he manages such fearsome fighters in such a small space but he owns them all. He is one of the best ever and we are lucky to witness him. That's why boxing fans will tune in. It's like going to see Bob Dylan. McGregor can't lose as he gets well paid and the boxing experience of a lifetime. Considering he's a almost a novice it's some gig.

No wonder many boxers are raging. Look at triple G having to wait so long just to get a Canelo pension. It's shite to be honest something needs done about it to improve boxing. MMA fans are lucky as it seems to me that the fights get made much more quickly.

As far as this training fight goes though, I see it becoming completely one sided from the third onwards. It will be from the first but I mean by how it looks. McGregor will stop trying so much and throw less like the all do because he can't stop getting hit when he does. Then Floyd will showboat a little before getting the job done after five. I think he will need to slow down to make it less of a circus as people will have paid a lot of money to see it. 

I'm glad I'll see him again but just wish it was against Canelo again. He's too old for that type of fight though so I don't blame him for sparring with McGregor instead for that price. 

Don't see this happening again until another hype machine arrives as MMA fighters can't box at the same level. It would fuck them up them up to become so dedicated to boxing in MMA as the rest of their game would suffer. If they showed sufficient skill earlier then they would be as well making money in boxing. I think that's what McGregor done. It's been a good choice as he would only be a journeyman in boxing now he gets a massive payday, fame, and a chance to land an unforgettable punch. The boys done well for himself here.

To be fair mate this type of stuff has been goin on for years Muhammad Ali(boxer) fought Antonio Inoki(wrestler) in a shoot fight in 1976. Basically the wrestler lay on his back and booted fuck put of Ali's legs for 12 rounds, this is the injury that fucked his knees and eventually ended his career through bloodclots and infections. But I agree with what you mean, we won't see one with this much hype again.......

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm finding it all pretty cringy

This^^^

Is anyone over the age of 14 actually taking this seriously? 

Some video from some press shite they were doing popped up in my Facebook feed and it was embarrassing as fuck. Just some spandex short of being a WWE homo / promo event.

An embarrassment for both sports.

Never been mayweathers biggest fan but i really hope he knocks this mcgregor cunt out quick,seen a bit of the show from wembley last nite n mcgregor shoutin his mouth off sayin he'll run boxin in 6 months and he is boxin and all that bullshit,hes another tyson fury talks the talk and hesa fenian into the bargain

I'm not a boxing nor am I an MMA expert (something this country has recently been flooded with), but as the event grows closer, my money is swaying towards McGregor.

I think Mayweather's boxing style plays into the hands of McGregor and any other MMA fighter, for that matter. Mayweather is a world class boxer, but boxing matches can be won tactically and he's a master at that. On the other hand, I think a boxing match will be a bit of a novelty for McGregor; he won't have to anticipate elbows, knees, takedowns, submissions, etc. 

For the pessemists amongst us, suggesting that the whole thing is staged, I don't think Mayweather would entertain losing his 49-0 record or be humiliated by McGregor as he has been.

Lets be honest, McGregor has embarrassed him, big time, and shown Mayweather to be the by-product of someone surrounded by yes men.

On 15/07/2017 at 3:47 AM, TheKingObv said:

Delusion mate

It really is, I'm surprised at Gogzy, he usually seems pretty reasonable but he's drank the Kool Aid big time :lol: he's let himself be convinced that not only does McGregor have a chance, but he just needs to land one clean punch :lol: 

the only advantage McGregor has is that he's younger and stronger, that's not enough to to beat the most efficient boxer of all time.

Used to love boxing but I'm firmly in the MMA camp now and although McGregor is not to be taken lightly, the chances of him knocking Floyd out or outboxing him are slim to none.

If Mayweather fights the way he can do then McGregor will be chasing shadows and will probably get caught and sparked out. I think McGregor will get frustrated as he can't get near Floyd and will make mistakes which will cost him.

Conor has had some excellent knockouts but bear in mind that his opponents have had to be wary of his feet as well and that affects the way you protect yourself, Floyd can stay calm knowing that he won't get sparked by a spinning kick so there's only going to be one winner, IMO.