Jump to content

Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th


Ryan_1
 Share

Recommended Posts

As a purist its a disgrace to the sport, but just like everyone else i'll be watching.

The build up will be fucking brilliant, as a spectacle on the night the American's wont do it justice as all the top promoters seem to have forgotten the value of theatrics. 

scouseblue likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Guarantee you this doesn't happen and if if it does it will be pointless.  Mayweather would beat him wae one hand tied behind his back on a boxing match. 

Never mind mayweather mate a decent amateur would school him 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scouseblue said:

Never mind mayweather mate a decent amateur would school him 

And he'd school them when it's not just fists.

hardly a shock to think a guy with 20 years experience boxing at the highest level would be expected to beat a MMA fighter. 

No way Floyd would sign for anything other than a straight up boxing match though. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Fuck it hope Conor smashes the malteaser headed prick about. I know he won't but still

Folk will think this is a grudge match but mon tae fuck! This is so obviously a hype and money scheme by both guys who are obsessed with both. It's nothing more than a glorified exhibition that is going to shatter every record out there for PPV.

both guys have played a belter here and will be toasting each other when it's done and the money is banked. 

I'm sure mayweather was quoted calling it a billion dollar fight. Crazy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, born a blue nose said:

I'm sure mayweather was quoted calling it a billion dollar fight. Crazy

Aye it's going to be the biggest grossing boxing event of all time maybe even out with that.

boxing is in such a poor place just now that a fight like this is craved by the masses as in large boxing is boring as fuck at the minute. Imagine this kind of thing 20 years back? It would be laughed away 

On paper it's like Buckie Thistle taking on Real Madrid yet look at the hype of it. It's utterly staggering and a genius move by both parties.

Easiest money both will ever make 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

And he'd school them when it's not just fists.

hardly a shock to think a guy with 20 years experience boxing at the highest level would be expected to beat a MMA fighter. 

No way Floyd would sign for anything other than a straight up boxing match though. 

 

Of course , but this is a boxing match  my point is that MacGregor is completely out of his league but he would be against a good standard amateur. I don't blame either of them for taking the money .

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Aye it's going to be the biggest grossing boxing event of all time maybe even out with that.

boxing is in such a poor place just now that a fight like this is craved by the masses as in large boxing is boring as fuck at the minute. Imagine this kind of thing 20 years back? It would be laughed away 

On paper it's like Buckie Thistle taking on Real Madrid yet look at the hype of it. It's utterly staggering and a genius move by both parties.

Easiest money both will ever make 

Yep biggest ever no doubt . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could see CM chucking it after this as he will never need another pay day again and nothing will top this in MMA. With a new wean arrived and him saying he wants out at the top it could be the time. Much like guys like Naz who gave it up in his prime years. 

UFC guys will be fuming 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...