Waghorn

Just doesn't have a footballing brain/mentality to be at a big club.  This guy was supposed to be upfront but yet niko could only ever find Wallace or dalcio with over the top passes. I appreciate his efforts but he can't move quick enough, his control his very average at best, his finishing is terrible. A lot of times aswell you'll see a flowing move break down because he's either unaware of players around him or his passing gets intercepted.  

Hopefully seen the last of him 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate this abuse of a Ranger's player and can't bring myself to call him names but he isn't even close to being good enough and needs to go.

The effort he put in to chasing down defenders in the Championship even seems to have gone and that was the last redeeming feature he had for me.

1 hour ago, TheMotor said:

I really hate this abuse of a Ranger's player and can't bring myself to call him names but he isn't even close to being good enough and needs to go.

The effort he put in to chasing down defenders in the Championship even seems to have gone and that was the last redeeming feature he had for me.

Agree with this. ??

Really poor performance again last night, will probably remain in the team/squad until the new signing catch up with the pace, and then hopefully he disappears in to obscurity.

It’s his fault that he's a poor player, it’s the Managers fault that he’s in the team!

Threads like these do nothing but to wind ourselves up. Aye he's been honking and isn't a striker in a month of Sundays, but he doesn't pick himself. 

Covered the ground yesterday, put in a power of work, but just doesn't have the skill, pace, power, or nous of the fox in the box striker we need. 

Can't fault his effort imo. Up there with Miller in terms of distance covered

10 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I agree with most of that. What annoys me is that we always have to have a fall guy. I'm not sure why. 

I could take this back to over 40yrs ago and we always had one. In the last 10 or so years it's been players like Law, Black, (and ok, they were not world beaters) but also I remember Alan Hutton and Charlie Adam being the fall guy (and they didn't do to badly subsequently) 

In 1984 only a few months after a winning hat-trick in a cup final Ally McCoist was told to 'get to fuck' with a song sung by thousands. 

Amoruso and Konterman got loudly booed when they touched the ball in particular matches. 

My point is this. Waghorn has regressed - no doubt about it. I don't think it's lack of effort I think it's now lack of confidence. But he's being selected regularly so who's really to blame - Waggy or Pedro? Also, waggy did go in for tackles - Dalcio completely shat out of two. That for me is unacceptable. I know it's his first game and he maybe needs time but I'm convinced he's not anywhere near good enough already. 

I'll take it further - the Pedro Project is going to end in tears, maybe even in this season. 

I think the 'scapegoat' or 'fall guy' sadly gets highlighted more on social media.  When I was in my teens, Tommy Maclean got pelters for being a shitebag, looking back the guy had incredible talent but don't expect him to tackle and any successful team needs a variety of players, not everyone can be a JohnGreig.  

Said a few seasons back RM needs to pin a 'Scapegoat of the Week' thread rather than starting a new topic after every poor result.

Waghorn, like Halliday, has me convinced English L1 or the Scottish championship is about his level and yes a lot of his problems stem from both a lack of confidence and a lack of ability.

Pedro will either end up a success like Advocaat or become another PLG or our Ronny Delia, much depends on Pena and Herrara, but at the moment it is too early to right off either the manager or any of his signings.  Unlike PLG he seems to know which players will not work his way or will upset the apple cart and has no hesitation in getting rid of them.  

19 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

He has the worst positional sense I've ever seen from a striker at ANY level of the game. Continually makes runs to the front post when a cross comes in,....when he's the lone striker. Runs to the back post when he needs to be central. Doesn't jump when he accidentally finds himself in the right place for a cross....back to goal when looking for a pass in the box.......just dreadful. And I haven't even mentioned his piss poor first three touches. Looks thick, sounds thick, plays thick! The only hat-trick you'll get associated with him this season. Or any season.

Missed the one thing any good striker has ,which he does not possess .........................Composure

Has absolutely zero% of it  .

He has the physique but  just seems to be lightweight against any defenders .

He is not a brave player ,even to make up for many of his failings .

He is  everything I hate about our form since few months before the Cup Final .

He simply has to go or he will still be there  to cost us in a big match

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Missed the one thing any good striker has ,which he does not possess .........................Composure

Has absolutely zero% of it  i.

He has the physique but  just seems to be lightweight against any defenders .

He is not a brave player ,even to make up for many of his failings .

He is  everything I hate about our form since few months before the Cup Final .

He simply has to go or he will still be there  to cost us in a big match

He'll be gone - Pedro cannot afford a useless cf in his new set up. If Andy can go, then there's no doubting that waghorn will be offski.

17 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Waghorn actually looks beaten.  It doesn't look like a guy who is fit, happy, and ready for the new season.  The guy just looks as if he's thrown in the towel.

I disagree . He was applauding every stand as if he was one of our heroes .

Guy actually thinks he has been probably .Probably even thinks he has a future with us this season .I wish he would beat it