Waghorn

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Well if it's a scapegoat you want then start and end this discussion with Dalcio? At least Waggy has turned in some good games over the last couple of years - 4-2 game with Hibs for one.

We were warned by portuguese joirnalists that this guy doesnt amount to much -thats an understatement - he's fuckin mince. 

Didn't see your post before I made mine, but I agree. I think he should move on though, he lacks a great deal of confidence, and possibly playing for a club that needs to win every match doesn't suit him.

1 minute ago, dogtanian said:

I'm not his biggest fan and would get shot of him in an instant but I think he is better playing on the right wing and cutting inside, don't know why Pedro plays him as a striker however he can't finish 

I agree that he is better on the right wing  but he isn't a winger. Just less painful to watch him play there mate.

8 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I beg to differ. See my post above. Any midfielder worth his money isn't just going to play a ball into a space if there's no one there to get it. Waghorn as the central forward has to see the spaces opening up in the defence allowing the midfield to pass to him. Clueless positioning from him means the midfield have no outlet. Proof of that came from our goal.....Niko decided to play a quick ball into Miller who was sharp enough to see a space and run into it. Waghorn was hanging around looking to take a wild swipe at it and hoof it to row Z.

I agree, the difficulty is that any striker who is up against a team that are sitting 10 behind the ball is there arent a lot of gaps. Which is why the rest of the team need to create that with their movement. Sadly holt, niko, dalcio and jack didnt really offer this. I'm letting miller off because of his goal, but with him dropping deep all the time that doesn't help either. 

We need someone buzzing about up front next to the striker, a nacho novo type if you like. That is how we create gaps for any striker. Hopefully pena and herrera have that extra quality and can make a difference. 

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Well if it's a scapegoat you want then start and end this discussion with Dalcio? At least Waggy has turned in some good games over the last couple of years - 4-2 game with Hibs for one.

We were warned by portuguese joirnalists that this guy doesnt amount to much -thats an understatement - he's fuckin mince. 

Want to discuss Dalcio then start a new thread, Waghorn was never great but the amount he has fallen away is unreal.  He looks muscular but unfit, uninterested and unable to contribute.  Time for him to move on, hopefully, MW will come for him.  

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Want to discuss Dalcio then start a new thread, Waghorn was never great but the amount he has fallen away is unreal.  He looks muscular but unfit, uninterested and unable to contribute.  Time for him to move on, hopefully, MW will come for him.  

That's just about right, he's went from the lions cage to the butterfly enclosure in no time at all, strange one but what last night showed is that he is a waste of a jersey not even threatening to do anything of note, man down.

42 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd be surprised if we see him getting another start now. If he can't manage to look even semi decent against a team of that level then it's just never going to work for him. It's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch.

I've said this a few times now since last night but I genuinely think it's worse than playing with 10 men as he unfortunately ends up getting the ball occasionally 

4 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I agree with most of that. What annoys me is that we always have to have a fall guy. I'm not sure why. 

I could take this back to over 40yrs ago and we always had one. In the last 10 or so years it's been players like Law, Black, (and ok, they were not world beaters) but also I remember Alan Hutton and Charlie Adam being the fall guy (and they didn't do to badly subsequently) 

In 1984 only a few months after a winning hat-trick in a cup final Ally McCoist was told to 'get to fuck' with a song sung by thousands. 

Amoruso and Konterman got loudly booed when they touched the ball in particular matches. 

My point is this. Waghorn has regressed - no doubt about it. I don't think it's lack of effort I think it's now lack of confidence. But he's being selected regularly so who's really to blame - Waggy or Pedro? Also, waggy did go in for tackles - Dalcio completely shat out of two. That for me is unacceptable. I know it's his first game and he maybe needs time but I'm convinced he's not anywhere near good enough already. 

I'll take it further - the Pedro Project is going to end in tears, maybe even in this season. 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I agree with most of that. What annoys me is that we always have to have a fall guy. I'm not sure why. 

I could take this back to over 40yrs ago and we always had one. In the last 10 or so years it's been players like Law, Black, (and ok, they were not world beaters) but also I remember Alan Hutton and Charlie Adam being the fall guy (and they didn't do to badly subsequently) 

In 1984 only a few months after a winning hat-trick in a cup final Ally McCoist was told to 'get to fuck' with a song sung by thousands. 

Amoruso and Konterman got loudly booed when they touched the ball in particular matches. 

My point is this. Waghorn has regressed - no doubt about it. I don't think it's lack of effort I think it's now lack of confidence. But he's being selected regularly so who's really to blame - Waggy or Pedro? Also, waggy did go in for tackles - Dalcio completely shat out of two. That for me is unacceptable. I know it's his first game and he maybe needs time but I'm convinced he's not anywhere near good enough already. 

I'll take it further - the Pedro Project is going to end in tears, maybe even in this season. 

That's it mate stay positive.

Just now, allan1990 said:

Personally think McKay would have had a field day against that mob last night!

Yes, him and Wallace link up a lot better as well, Dalcio likes to float about more but early days for him to be judged yet.