Could we still have a good domestic season?

I'm pretty sure that we'll improve as the season progresses, we can't get much worse.

We can't expect miracles right away. Some of the players have traveled a long way to be with us. We need to be patient with them, they will grow, as a team, and play better once everyone speaks the same language.

We can't keep on changing the whole team every year, it's a recipe for disaster, and we can't afford it.

I'm trying to be optimistic here, we need to get behind the team, like we always do, and hope that they start playing as good as we want them to. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No and we still have to get rid of about 7 players and people are suggesting if we get another few players in we will be fine.

To me we have potentially replaced Warburtons duds with Pedros duds but with foreign names.

Alves instead of Hill and yes people will say better quality but let's see how he handles SPL football which of a much lower quality than Serie A is faster

Pena instead of Barton.. Both good before they came and both a bit mad. Let's hope he has been keeping himself fit.

Morelo instead of Garner - can his form in a lower league for the top side there translate to the SPL. Will he get sent off in his first few games....going for HIV 

For the rest just swap them for Warburtons 

I worry as I have seen no evidence so far or that Pedro has the experience to go on a consistent run which is needed and eventually king will act as the clamour for new signings in January grow louder and he is sacked for a caretaker this time till the end of the season and we are left with a bloated multicultural squad and MOH still hasn't featured but some people still want him to forgetting the Motherwell game.

As bad as Scottish football is there are too many haters in it who will bust their guts to put us in harms way particularly as this management set up looks a bit vulnerable, the new players are an unknown quantity and still need to gel, realistically it's a no, it'll be another struggle!

image.gif.43db61302deb621cc9a1b545161c61b5.gif

9 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Seems to me a lot of the new players are tied to Pedro - here because he knows them and engineered the chance for them to play for a big club with the prospect of moving on eventually to the EPL or to other European leagues.    The attraction of some European football may also have been a factor but they all contrived to fuck that prospect up at the first easy hurdle.

If Pedro goes - which imo he should after that disasters so far - these new foreign players will lose their point of leadership and go through whatever motions it pleases them to go through until they are eventually shuffled out like Garner and McKay.  But their commitment to give all for Rangers would not, I suspect, be evident and results would reflect that.    A new manager would find it very hard to get these players to perform to their top potential for Rangers since they are Pedro's people.   We could not afford a top flight manager to pick up the pieces so a new manager of the type Rangers might be able to afford will stand little chance of taking someone else's chosen players and turning them into a side that is highly competitive in this league.  

Pedro's inability to navigate past the most basic of European opposition having been given extensive resources and having signed the players he wanted has created an absolute disaster for himself imo, and - much worse - for Rangers.   The Club's dependence for the immediate part of the season ahead is near absolute because of the amount of players he's had to bring in.   Because unless a change of manager is for someone who clearly has the experience and sheer strength of character to still forge a decent team out of this shambles, any lesser choice just sets us back even further.

Fucked if we keep Pedro and fucked if we don't would be the way I currently see it. 

Whole point of a good manager is he can get players to play for him. 

Pedro is failing big time. He hasn't got the belief of the squad now, he didn't have it when he came in last season. 

The signs are not good at all. I live in hope though.

If we have two players regularly scoring then we'll finish second at least , but I still think he could be away mid season, wasn't a fan of him coming in to begin with and I always thought it would take a top manager and about £20mil to catch those cunts sadly

10 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Or do you think that there's no chance of that happening with this lot?

I'm still thinking that the arrival of Dorrans and Alves - potentially our best players - could make us play better football, but we obviously cant rely on them alone to get consistent wins and if the majority of they clowns that played last night don't up their game we've no chance.

We are rangers, a good season is winning the treble. Will we deliver? 

8 hours ago, AlCapone said:

We are rangers, a good season is winning the treble. Will we deliver? 

I suppose it depends how you'd define good lol.

For me, given the circumstances and the nonsense we watched the other night, a strong 2nd place would be the best outcome for us, this season. But who knows if we'd even get that.

I think the team got complacent against Progres and treated like a pre-season training game rather than consider the very real possibility of being knocked out. Hopefully it's the kick up the backside we needed and we get a more focused team for the start of the season. With Alves in the team I think we'll finally have real leadership on the pitch and someone to drag the level of play up a level. Maybe I'm dreaming but I can see us competing for the title and hopefully winning a cup.

16 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

I suppose it depends how you'd define good lol.

For me, given the circumstances and the nonsense we watched the other night, a strong 2nd place would be the best outcome for us, this season. But who knows if we'd even get that.

quite simply that's not good enough, we are Rangers

8 minutes ago, shaka said:

I think the team got complacent against Progres and treated like a pre-season training game rather than consider the very real possibility of being knocked out.

That's the thing - any player of Rangers shouldn't have that mentality. But you could be right. Either that or the players are just that shite they csnt even beat part time teams. Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, shaka said:

I think the team got complacent against Progres and treated like a pre-season training game rather than consider the very real possibility of being knocked out. Hopefully it's the kick up the backside we needed and we get a more focused team for the start of the season. With Alves in the team I think we'll finally have real leadership on the pitch and someone to drag the level of play up a level. Maybe I'm dreaming but I can see us competing for the title and hopefully winning a cup.

But aye, worst case scenario the players are just that bad they csnt beat a part time team. Time will tell, they have a lot to do to win us over.

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

quite simply that's not good enough, we are Rangers

Of course. But lets be realistic here - there's no way we're winning the league with this squad. But I do hope Alves and Dorrans can add a strong spine to the team.

Just now, BlueBearz1990 said:

Of course. But lets be realistic here - there's no way we're winning the league this this squad. But I do hope Alves and Dorrans can add a strong spine to the team.

I know, that's what is quite simply not good enough. We should have a squad able to challenge, its scandalous

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No. We can't / won't win a trophy. 

If we get within 15 points of the filth then we've done well. 

'We are Rangers' means fuck all anymore. 

Hoping closer than that we should be doing as well against the rest as they do and we even managed to get 2 points off them last season thanks to the caretaker.

And we are Rangers means everything we just need to get a team that believes it

Just now, Thermopylae said:

Hoping closer than that we should be doing as well against the rest as they do and we even got 2 points off them last season thanks to the cartaker 

We finished 39 points behind them, and we just lost to Luxembourg's 4th best side. 

I hate writing off our chances I really do, I hate not being optimistic about a new season, but with this guy incharge we don't have a chance.

Tactically he's clueless. Simple as that.

Are guys like Cardoso, Jack, Alves, Dorrans and perhaps Pena an improvement? Yes, I would say so. However they can be an improvement all they want but if the team isn't being sent out with a particular game plan then what chance do they have. Names on a teamsheet don't make a side.

We are nowhere near Celtic, beat about the bush all you want but that's the harsh reality.

15 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'm pretty sure that we'll improve as the season progresses, we can't get much worse.

We can't expect miracles right away. Some of the players have traveled a long way to be with us. We need to be patient with them, they will grow, as a team, and play better once everyone speaks the same language.

We can't keep on changing the whole team every year, it's a recipe for disaster, and we can't afford it.

I'm trying to be optimistic here, we need to get behind the team, like we always do, and hope that they start playing as good as we want them to. 

I don't buy that at all. We need to hit the ground running or Pedro must be fired. I'd say 6 weeks. We should have won more or less every game.