Tynecastle FC vs Rangers

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

If we were an amatuer team we would have disbanded by now.  I have visions of pedro phoning guys on a saturday morning to get a team together

What the fuck are you talking about? The Under 20's got beat. Granted, I would've liked to have seen a win but which other Under 20's results do people care about?

Going a wee bit over the top about this it was an U20 team who made 10 substitute changes at half time and had a trialist playing.

It was more a glorified kick about than an actual game. As for the two older players they'll be away before the window shuts and they know it.

If that team had Alves, Dorrans ,Pena, Herrera, Cardoso etc in it then it would be time to panic.

46 minutes ago, BigDak said:

As far as I understand they're not amateurs, they're a Junior team. Most of the lower league SPFL teams are of the same standard as a good Junior team, because that's where they get their players from as there isn't money to buy from other lower league teams. Whether or not Tynecastle Juniors are a good Junior team, I don't know, but if the under 20's (including two guys we're trying to offload and 4 youngsters who've played in the first team last season) got beat off East Stirling (who are probably of the same calibre as a good Junior team) then I doubt there'd be the same outcry. The fact that this is being used as a stick to beat our first team with is a disgrace and I'm going to go as far as to same that anyone who does is a timposter.

As someone mentioned previously(although maybe with a different intention) the negativity from last year is working its way back in and it's exactly what the bheasts want.

Aye, ok, the result against Progres was a disgrace but let's not allow that to define and ruin our season. With all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an arm of the mick's media team whose sole aim is to cause negative feeling in amongst the Rangers support and in the general media and negativity breads quicker than positivity.

I had a moan about this in the Pena thread, but, if folk are writing off one of our players before anyone has even seen him play then these are dark days in deed and is playing right into the hands of our enemies.

We are all Timposters as you term it as we are unhappy with this result or we are all easily led by the Media in this country.:duh:

16 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

A youth team supplemented with the players that the manager is actively getting rid of because he's identified them as not good enough. 

They lose.

Pedro's fault.

:lol: 

It does say something about the character and pride of MOH and Forrester, though. Extremely unprofessional. But.. we already knew that. 

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

It does say something about the character and pride of MOH and Forrester, though. Extremely unprofessional. But.. we already knew that. 

They should be busting a gut to get themselves a move away no doubt we will pay them to sit or pay them off.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

We are all Timposters as you term it as we are unhappy with this result or we are all easily led by the Media in this country.:duh:

Tell me the last time people on here were up in arms when the Under 20's got beat in a pre-season friendly?

I never said that people can't be disappointed in the result - for what it's worth I think our U-20's (supplemented by guys from the first team) should be winning games like this. But to take anything away from a pre-season friendly and use it as ammo against the first team, the manager and the Club is pathetic and reeks of an agenda.

2 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Tell me the last time people on here were up in arms when the Under 20's got beat in a pre-season friendly?

I never said that people can't be disappointed in the result - for what it's worth I think our U-20's (supplemented by guys from the first team) should be winning games like this. But to take anything away from a pre-season friendly and use it as ammo against the first team, the manager and the Club is pathetic and reeks of an agenda.

You do know the Under 20's is by name only you can have 6 I think it is any age players, Posters are entitled to their views as a winning mentality should be instilled from top to bottom, we don't have that now.

We all have an agenda as we want Rangers to be better than that, yet you are happy with mediocrity and do not have an agenda.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

You do know the Under 20's is by name only you can have 6 I think it is any age players, Posters are entitled to their views as a winning mentality should be instilled from top to bottom, we don't have that now.

We all have an agenda as we want Rangers to be better than that, yet you are happy with mediocrity and do not have an agenda.

I love how folk use the "winning mentality" mantra as an excuse to jump on players backs all the time and for a having a lack of patience.

I grew up during NIAR era so that is the vision I have of a Rangers team - so I'm not happy with where we are. But equally I'm not going to take anything from a pre-season friendly which doesn't involve the first team.

We need stability and folk calling for the manager's head already need to get a grip. If it's a disaster by Christmas then by all means call for his head.

Just now, BigDak said:

I love how folk use the "winning mentality" mantra as an excuse to jump on players backs all the time and for a having a lack of patience.

I grew up during NIAR era so that is the vision I have of a Rangers team - so I'm not happy with where we are. But equally I'm not going to take anything from a pre-season friendly which doesn't involve the first team.

We need stability and folk calling for the manager's head already need to get a grip. If it's a disaster by Christmas then by all means call for his head.

Winning is everything at Rangers second is nothing and wanting that does not make you a timposter I'd say the opposite in Fact.

Stability is fine if you have a manager who has gained out Trust, sadly that's not Pedro so far he's been a Bombscare.

Just now, OhW said:

We need stability with a good manager. What's the point in keeping someone shite in the name of stability?

The reason people want rid now is because they think it will be a disaster by Christmas, so why wait?

If Pedro is a disaster and is sacked in December will you say "I'm glad we gave him time", or would you think "they were right, should have got rid in Summer"?

Say we brought in McInnes and he has a bad start, 1 win in 5 or similar. Do we get rid, rinse and repeat? 

7 minutes ago, OhW said:

Not sure about that anymore. We've been awful in friendlies and awful in competitive games. The games against TNS and St J should have been a warning.

Yes, it should have been a warning with the 2 games against the lowly Luxembourg part timers a warning blasted from megaphones from the roof of Ibrox.    Winning at any level in an Rangers jersey builds confidence.  Confidence is infectious and builds a winning momentum.    Lack of confidence brought on by losses is also infectious not just for whatever team level is representing Rangers it risks feeding its way through the club.........especially when losses against this sort of opposition are with a team liberally peppered with senior players who should damn well have known that not only was their own personal reputation at stake but the reputation of the club.    Regardless of the churn of substitutions in the game those players should have had far more about them to have avoided the sort of inevitable response the result is getting throughout the support. 

1 minute ago, smartypants said:

Say we brought in McInnes and he has a bad start, 1 win in 5 or similar. Do we get rid, rinse and repeat? 

Any Rangers manager who has stats like that in this shithole league should be sacked.

this isn't la liga it's one of the worst league in Europe 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Any Rangers manager who has stats like that in this shithole league should be sacked.

this isn't la liga it's one of the worst league in Europe 

My point is that there's no guarantee a new manager will hit the ground running. At some point we're going to need to give someone a good crack at it. 

Don't care about friendlies, especially u20s preseason ones - winning games is always nice but not sure how much you can read into a result like that...

Pedro needs to concentrate on getting the first team ready for the start of the season, no point in sacking the cunt before he gets a chance to actually start a season.

Progres game was disgrace we cannot repeat that performance once the season starts.

6 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Anybody who thinks waiting until Xmas to sack the fud is sensible. :confused:

HE IS CLUELESS, SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN APOINTED AND HAS TO GO NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

All very well, but who do you get in that would be guaranteed to be successful with this new group of players? Who would want to take a job where the board sack a guy they brought in early to assess a squad in a downward spiral, let him sign nine players in a window and then sack him weeks before the domestic season begins? 

Can't see there being a long list of high calibre management teams looking for an opportunity like that..m