Time To Back The Manager.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So, the end of October comes, sitting 3rd or 4th, pumped by the taigs, beat by the sheep, looking like a lost cause, he deserves until January?

:lol::lol:

Alot of guess work mate ffs 

Lets worry about motherwell and go from there 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

LigaMX is FAR better than the SPFL. Christ, there was a Mexican team streamed a reserve game on facebook and got 500k domestic viewers (we get around 1m in the UK for an old firm game) but aye, naebody is interested.

Do you really believe this, honestly to defend Pedro?? The league is a glorified league cup. Absolutely, there are talented players in that league, I highly doubt we have them. I also highly doubt Pedro's tactics, and training methods. Far too many ex players spouting off about him, alarm bells are well and truly ringing. 

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Do you really believe this, honestly to defend Pedro?? The league is a glorified league cup. Absolutely, there are talented players in that league, I highly doubt we have them. I also highly doubt Pedro's tactics, and training methods. Far too many ex players spouting off about him, alarm bells are well and truly ringing. 

Out of interest, who has spouted off about him?

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Do I believe LigaMX is better than the SPFL? 100%. We have one of the worst full-time, professional leagues on Earth. It's absolutely fucking atrocious. 

Ex-players spouting off about a manager who binned them? Well fuck me. What a surprise that is. I mean, poor wee Barrie. He'll need psychological therapy to get over his inhumane treatment. Definitely no axe to grind there. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do I believe LigaMX is better than the SPFL? 100%. We have one of the worst full-time, professional leagues on Earth. It's absolutely fucking atrocious. 

Ex-players spouting off about a manager who binned them? Well fuck me. What a surprise that is. I mean, poor wee Barrie. He'll need psychological therapy to get over his inhumane treatment. Definitely no axe to grind there. 

As we start to look headless with Pedro, there will be plenty of players saying exactly the same - without the human rights histrionics. I think you just need to look at the treatment of O'Hallaron as an example. Pedro is ruthless in his casting out of players, I doubt he he has the ability to see a decent player and looks far  too tactically inept to back up his regime. It's obvious we can't afford to get shot of him at the moment, sadly for us it will all come far too late and with a lot grief when it happens.

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

As we start to look headless with Pedro, there will be plenty of players saying exactly the same - without the human rights histrionics. I think you just need to look at the treatment of O'Hallaron as an example. Pedro is ruthless in his casting out of players, I doubt he he has the ability to see a decent player and looks to tactically inept to back up his regime. It's obvious we can't afford to get shot of him at the moment, sadly for us it will all come far too late and with a lot grief when it happens.

O'Halloran who deliberately no showed an U20s game? Cunt's lucky he wasn't sacked for gross misconduct.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

O'Halloran who deliberately no showed an U20s game? Cunt's lucky he wasn't sacked for gross misconduct.

You have to admit, as soon as he came in these things starting to happen is very concerning. I don't think it is a very happy squad, and I don't think Pedro is going to bring out the best in this team.

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

You have to admit, as soon as he came in these things starting to happen is very concerning. I don't think it is a very happy squad, and I don't think Pedro is going to bring out the best in this team.

O'Halloran was a cunt before Pedro was appointed and will be a cunt once he's out the door. He's now happy to sit with his finger up his arse knocking back all offers to move and get wages he wouldnt get elsewhere. You don't think it's a happy squad based on what? O'Halloran playing silly buggers and Barrie McKay acting like a child because he had to put some effort in?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

O'Halloran was a cunt before Pedro was appointed and will be a cunt once he's out the door. He's now happy to sit with his finger up his arse knocking back all offers to move and get wages he wouldnt get elsewhere. You don't think it's a happy squad based on what? O'Halloran playing silly buggers and Barrie McKay acting like a child because he had to put some effort in?

Without being involved in a circular argument with you, I would tend to agree with you in the run up to the season,  if we hadn't had such a hiding in Luxembourg. That result, the worst in British European footballing history (as declared by R5, and I can't disagree tbh) - this manager has absolutely no clue and is sinking us to new depths. Absolutely, Barrie McKay and O'Hallaron haven't exactly been consistent, but I'm doubting that the new signings are exponentially better than them that we should be signing Pedro's praises.

Don't think we have a choice but to back Pedro.  Our Mexican, Colombian and Portuguese signing flurry more or less requires us to keep going with this experiment.

one things for sure, we can't afford a clear out every season or heaven forbid twice in one season!

I've no problem with Pedro being a hard task master it's more the fact his style of football has been rank. No doubt he'll get us second and some will be happy but his reign will be meaningless as it takes more than his brand of kick and rush to win titles. We can give him all the backing and money possible but it will take more than one dimensional football to get the better of Rodgers.

Better players will only paper over the cracks and even then that's only because our league is so poor. The eyes don't tell lies. This guy likes bread and butter football. With better players we will probably run over the rest but we will need to be much smarter on the pitch to land 55. 

OP is of course right. We have no choice but to run with this now and hope everything we have seen up to now was down to all these made up factors that are being suggested by posters looking for crumbs of comfort. The bottom line though is that he made Warburton's team a hell of a lot worse. That takes some doing. 

He's been backed to the tune of £8 million and got played off the park by a mob from Luxembourg. 

We'll be lucky to take 4 points from our first three games and after the cellic game he won't be here. He'll be lucky to see October. 

I honestly hope I'm so far from the truth, but what has been produced so far only points in one direction- failure, again. 

The guy gets my backing and I'll see what it's like come November, if it's similar to last year then it's p45 time. We really can't have as many draws as we did last term and I hope the spine of the team is the same for the majority of games.  Wes, alves,Dorrans, I just hope this Herrera can be a similar player to prso as we really need a guy that can hold up play and bring others into the game.

my biggest worry is how the manager goes on about transition play. It comes across as micro managing and that can have drawbacks.  I think we should be either 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Funking BMX league is better than the APRIL, Scottish football is shite, the deterioration began around 1989 and has never relented

6 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Take your point but I wouldn't expect a happy squad. New manager comes in clearly doesn't think it's good enough and brings in players to replace most of the existing players. 

All this nonsense with ex players is disrespectful to the club and it's fans.

Pedro seems to want players that with earn their money, Fans want players who will train hard and and give them value for their money on match days but  those players being dropped seem to want their money whilst not achieving the standards now required. I give Pedro until Christmas to prove himself and I hope the players that aren't up to the standard require do themselves and the club a favour and move on peacefully.

8 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I think that says more about your knowledge of football at the time. He'd only been the Holland manager and won the Dutch title with PSV.

Yes I know his achievements before coming to Rangers ffs but only when he was at Rangers - just like many many other bears who don't follow Dutch football   

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

I agree with you the Scottish League is probably the one of the worse professional leagues in existence. Without a doubt.

But it's still a strange league - players and coaches who are rated in more developed and/or more superior football clubs and leagues seem to fail. It takes a certain type of player and manager to be successful in Scotland- having the ability first off is essential but is only a small part of what it takes too.

Why is a mystery to me. I've no answer. 

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

All this nonsense with ex players is disrespectful to the club and it's fans.

Pedro seems to want players that with earn their money, Fans want players who will train hard and and give them value for their money on match days but  those players being dropped seem to want their money whilst not achieving the standards now required. I give Pedro until Christmas to prove himself and I hope the players that aren't up to the standard require do themselves and the club a favour and move on peacefully.

Giving him until Christmas is noble but we are already out of Europe and could he put of league cup and well behind in the league by then and then we have to go through all this shit again and repeat. I think we should just act as soon as possible - first couple of league games might justify doing it.

I appreciate there's a couple of maybes in there but I don't think I'll be far wrong either - sadly.

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

A league having a split and a team halfway down the thing being able to win it is fucking farcical 

It's like a spazzies sports day. I'd be embarrassed to say I won a league with that format on my CV.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

He's been backed to the tune of £8 million and got played off the park by a mob from Luxembourg. 

I have to pick you up on this. The result was a crushing disappointment, nay a disaster, and we certainly didn't play well, but we didn't get 'played off the park'. Progres looked rubbish, but stuffy. They got lucky. We had zero luck.

We should have been able to see it through easily and didn't, but let's not over-egg the pudding.