Do we have good players?

Gaz52

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Aye. 

Might renew rtv, usually do around this time. Give me something to watch. Actually looking forward to going to ibrox tomorrow but still feel sick at the thought of the fucking progres game, still pissed off at the players :lol:

Just now, FlippinEck said:

Might renew rtv, usually do around this time. Give me something to watch. Actually looking forward to going to ibrox tomorrow but still feel sick at the thought of the fucking progres game, still pissed off at the players :lol:

I think its well worth it for a fiver. I'm still undecided about going tomorrow - hate friendlies at home and going out tonight so see how I feel in the morning :lol:

I think we have a solid spine to the team with Wes in goal . Alves and Cardoso look like they can be a solid partnership in front of him. 

We now have a holding midfielder in Jack and possibly Rossiter with Dorrans and Pena being the creative midfield. 

Up front we got to hope Morales and Herrera can do what McCourt and Hateley did back in the day . 

So a pretty solid spine to the team . Think we need a RB now , maybe a LB and someone else up front for options and we'll be good to go. 

20 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Aye we do, on paper. (IMO)

I think guys like Alves, Dorrans, Cardoso and Jack in particular are four very good signings, four signings good enough to make a huge impact here and improve us going forward.

However, they need to gel as a team and Caixinha is responsible for that and he's not gained anyone's trust yet, he's already under pressure and the season hasn't even started yet. He done well to bring some of the players here, he identified our weaknesses and has brought players in who are more than capable of strengthening them. He's highly spoken of in the places he used to work, so I think there must be something there we're just not seeing yet? I hope he can shut me up and prove us all wrong, I pray for it to happen. 

Do you think we have good individual players that haven't yet "clicked" as a team? Do you expect us to eventually get into a way of playing that we safely finish second or better yet, give them a run for their money? 

I really do think we have some cracking players in our squad and they just need that push, that belief put in them that they can do it here.

what pisses me off is the constant talk that all we need is a striker for the final third - we don't, we need a decent keeper, at least 2 attacking options and the defence is still not up to standard IMO.

22 hours ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Dalcio is a dud, Pena meant  to be garbage but I'm happy with with rest of players he's brought in. Unfortunately I don't think Pedro will be successful with them.

I don't know how anyone can say Pena's meant to be garbage. 

Its fucking Chinese whispers nonsense that comes from 'in the know' wallpapers. 

And Dalcio's a dud after 1 bad game. Give the boy a chance fuck sake. 

22 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Aye we do, on paper. (IMO)

I think guys like Alves, Dorrans, Cardoso and Jack in particular are four very good signings, four signings good enough to make a huge impact here and improve us going forward.

However, they need to gel as a team and Caixinha is responsible for that and he's not gained anyone's trust yet, he's already under pressure and the season hasn't even started yet. He done well to bring some of the players here, he identified our weaknesses and has brought players in who are more than capable of strengthening them. He's highly spoken of in the places he used to work, so I think there must be something there we're just not seeing yet? I hope he can shut me up and prove us all wrong, I pray for it to happen. 

Do you think we have good individual players that haven't yet "clicked" as a team? Do you expect us to eventually get into a way of playing that we safely finish second or better yet, give them a run for their money? 

I really do think we have some cracking players in our squad and they just need that push, that belief put in them that they can do it here.

I do but the problem is if half of our signings take 6 months to bed into a new culture and way of life then we are destined for another horrific season Imo. 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

6 months? It will vary between player to player though.

Definitely,  i was just going for an average , some take no time at all and others may never adapt .

It's a massive roll of the dice by everyone involved tbh.

Just now, Orangeclement said:

Definitely,  i was just going for an average , some take no time at all and others may never adapt .

It's a massive roll of the dice by everyone involved tbh.

True; I just hope that aspect of their character was well sussed before we signed them.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

True; I just hope that aspect of their character was well sussed before we signed them.

I have no worries about Alves but the younger lads I have my doubts tbh . 

Being cautious this season with my expectations ... last season still cuts deep when I think about.

Just now, Orangeclement said:

I have no worries about Alves but the younger lads I have my doubts tbh . 

Being cautious this season with my expectations ... last season still cuts deep when I think about.

The good thing is that we have players who know the club quite well coming in also, and they should settle fairly quickly. Cardoso looks to have settled already as well. Hopefully this happens fairly quickly for all of them.

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Have to be given time to gel otherwise we will go down and endless and costly path of demanding a new manager and new team every 6 months. It's unsustainable. That being said PC looks like a dud.

The good thing is some of the players he has signed look like they will do quite well, not impressed by him so far either.

While I think we have to be realistic and say few of our players seemingly have the mental attributes or ability to overcome those across the city I do think we are more capable than we show. 

Imagine for a second that instead of taking 25 minutes to get from back to the final third, allowing the opposition to fall back and form 2 banks of 5 around the 18 yard box, we actually sat deep, won the ball and played a quick through ball to O'Halloran (who is playing CF); who is winning the race onto that ball? Scotlands abundance of pacy CB talent or O'Halloran who is effectively a human whippet?

As mental as you may think my suggestion is, remember what you see us do every single fucking week; passing from side to side, slow from back to front, no creation/ no movement/no cutting passes/crosses to no one who can head home.

You can only piss with the cock you've got (or in this case, bought) and making use of players attributes to good effect seems to me a better idea than asking players with X abilities to play in a system/strategy that requires Y abilities.

Morelos and Herrera would struggle (I think) in the style we've played since our return so play to suit your best bets of scoring. Pena has the ability to shoot from distance with precision (assuming he's ready to go) so I'd like to see that from him, what I don't want to see is us continuing the same bollocks that sees us struggle against every time every week.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Tbf the person that originally posted on here Isn't one to spread bullshit. Did anything in dalcio make him look a footballer at all? 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I've seen Pena play and he was good. That was nearly 4 years ago now though and he is meant to have taken a bit of a dive. Hopefully he can get back up to where he was, because he was one of the best midfielders in Mexico.

Dalcio was pretty bad in the first game against Progres. The second game was the worst performance i've ever seen in a Rangers strip. Not hyperbole - it was that bad. 

He came on and was playing down the side where I was standing so I had a pretty good view. Couldn't control the ball, couldn't pass, tried tricks that never came off and in general ran around aimlessly. It was embarrassing. I can't even describe how mince he was and the worst of it was he didn't seem to give a stuff. He ended up just standing at right back for the last 5-10 mins of the game and Tav was playing wide right. I fear we have signed a donkey.

I'm still optimistic for Candeias. Cardoso looks a good signing. 

On the whole I think the squad is better than last season but so far the manager just doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players or have any kind of coherent game plan that the players understand. Build up play is far too slow and despite what he keeps saying i'm not sure where the goals will come from.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

The good thing is some of the players he has signed look like they will do quite well, not impressed by him so far either.

Yes I've said a few times now hope he is better judge of player than manager. Seems to be step up in quality, it will take a few months though to gel.

13 hours ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Tbf the person that originally posted on here Isn't one to spread bullshit. Did anything in dalcio make him look a footballer at all? 

Well I'll wait until he actually makes his debut and plays a game or two before I write him off as useless or a dud. 

Thought Dalcio had an alright first 45 in the first leg, and the drifted out. He was shite in the second leg, but the entire team were - I'm not singling him out when there's many more experienced players such as Krancjar, Miller and our dud of a captain who completely failed to turn up as well. 

12 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've seen Pena play and he was good. That was nearly 4 years ago now though and he is meant to have taken a bit of a dive. Hopefully he can get back up to where he was, because he was one of the best midfielders in Mexico.

Dalcio was pretty bad in the first game against Progres. The second game was the worst performance i've ever seen in a Rangers strip. Not hyperbole - it was that bad. 

He came on and was playing down the side where I was standing so I had a pretty good view. Couldn't control the ball, couldn't pass, tried tricks that never came off and in general ran around aimlessly. It was embarrassing. I can't even describe how mince he was and the worst of it was he didn't seem to give a stuff. He ended up just standing at right back for the last 5-10 mins of the game and Tav was playing wide right. I fear we have signed a donkey.

I'm still optimistic for Candeias. Cardoso looks a good signing. 

On the whole I think the squad is better than last season but so far the manager just doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players or have any kind of coherent game plan that the players understand. Build up play is far too slow and despite what he keeps saying i'm not sure where the goals will come from.

Our biggest issue btw :tu:

Would actually be good if the Rangers website could keep pace with the players now on the books.   For instance although the website listing of the first team squad has got rid of McKay and Crooks and Hill and the 2 on-loan players from last season it still features Halliday but there is no entry for Morelos and he's been signed for a while now.   No mention of Beerman - is he to be a first team squad player?   No mention of Ross McCrorie - was he not supposed to join the first team squad?

Surely somebody sufficiently senior in the Rangers media team must be reviewing the website info more regularly to keep it up to date.  It's not a difficult job to do.   Nor is it difficult to add photos of the newly signed players.     

Whether the players are any good or not as Rangers players remains to be seen.  But at least the Club could keep its information on the players up to date.    Also, there does not seem to be any recognition in the website staff pages of the appointment of the DOF and how he fits into the Ibrox staff organisation structure.    Seems to me its time for that to be updated too.   We're nearly at the start of the season.