Are we still a Scottish Protestant club?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

And you're religion is based upon a 2000 year old book, first written 300 years after the death of Chirst. Meddled with at the Conference of Nicaea. Do you really think the rulers of the time didn't fuck about with the contents of the bible to make the populous easier to manage?

Also how do you deal with the sheer contradictions or unscientific claims in the bible such as a Flat Earth?

Now who's sounding like the bigot....

37 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

And you're religion is based upon a 2000 year old book, first written 300 years after the death of Chirst. Meddled with at the Conference of Nicaea. Do you really think the rulers of the time didn't fuck about with the contents of the bible to make the populous easier to manage?

Also how do you deal with the sheer contradictions or unscientific claims in the bible such as a Flat Earth?

The morals you live by and the language you speak have been evolved over thousands of years. 

2 hours ago, one55 said:

we are a scottish club with a proud protestant history. my dad was protestant and he brought me up as protestant too. he and his side of the family are all very proud protestants and rangers fans. i personally am not religious but love this club and respect its history. 

we should be proud of our club but i think we should be welcoming to everyone no matter age, sex, race, religion or political views. i know that'll get some people worked up and no doubt be told to stay away from ibrox or that i'd better supporting celtic and i totally understand why people think like that but that's just my opinion and i don't care if you disagree with it.

as long as we turn up to support the team on the pitch then i don't care who sits beside me.

No non binary, gender x or any other sexually confused dingbats

Most people aren't religious at all these days. Loads claim to be but few actually practice a religion. 

I'm just a Rangers fan, love the football and don't have an interest religion.  We have supporters from all backgrounds. 

2 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

Wee bit off topic but I see @The Louden Tavern over on FF trying to get us to 'leave our baggage behind' in regards to our songbook yet he continues to play UVF songs in his pub on a weekly basis.

Wee bit hypocritical no?

This is what happens when he get's ahead of himself because supporters use his Pub, Add- ons seem to be the new Mantra of the Handwringers.

Beats me when the Filth gets done for something the same Posters try and even it up by saying we should change this or that.

1 hour ago, RJMcGregor said:

OMG .... if the earth isn't flat .... then how come my truck is still in the driveway when I wake up in the morning? .... answer that one you .... you .... fucking hippy! ..... :jesus:

:UK:

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

The morals you live by and the language you speak have been evolved over thousands of years. 

I am assuming you are stating this as a way to make a point that religion too evolves and so the Christianity of today is not the same as that of 300 years ago.

Agree, and so i would say then if the bible is not to be taken literally and is instead up to interpretation that is subject to change depending upon societies current opinions then why use it as the foundation for morality if you don't take it literally?

2 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

Wee bit off topic but I see @The Louden Tavern over on FF trying to get us to 'leave our baggage behind' in regards to our songbook yet he continues to play UVF songs in his pub on a weekly basis.

Wee bit hypocritical no?

I'd imagine they have to be seen to be actively working to eliminate sectarian singing otherwise they may have their license withdraw.

8 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

I am assuming you are stating this as a way to make a point that religion too evolves and so the Christianity of today is not the same as that of 300 years ago.

Agree, and so i would say then if the bible is not to be taken literally and is instead up to interpretation that is subject to change depending upon societies current opinions then why use it as the foundation for morality if you don't take it literally?

OMG .... now you expect us to read it as well ... will your tormenting never stop? .... :jesus:

:UK:

7 minutes ago, five stars said:

I'd imagine they have to be seen to be actively working to eliminate sectarian singing otherwise they may have their license withdraw.

Eh? They're not going to lose their license if they don't post online about our songbook.

2 minutes ago, teddybears1872 said:

I have grew up with quite a few catholic,Muslim, Hindu etc Rangers fans, I would say the vast majority are Prodestant tho.

I think we will be known as a Prodestant club for a few more decades at least.

Nah am pretty sure we won't