Are we still a Scottish Protestant club?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Is that right next to the part about not wearing two different types of fabric? Or the part were Lot let the town rape his virgin daughters? 

Religion is outdated, bigoted and based upon ignorance, glad to see the back of it

You're an utter cretin

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You're an utter cretin

And you're religion is based upon a 2000 year old book, first written 300 years after the death of Chirst. Meddled with at the Conference of Nicaea. Do you really think the rulers of the time didn't fuck about with the contents of the bible to make the populous easier to manage?

Also how do you deal with the sheer contradictions or unscientific claims in the bible such as a Flat Earth?

I was talking to a Bear the other day before the Marseille game and I could see a sadness in his eyes, I asked what what bothering him and assumed it was because he thought Waghorn may be starting. When I informed him the big Englishman didn't have a starting jersey his expression never changed.

This clearly went deeper than a misfiring English striker who could fall out of a boat on the River Clyde and miss the water.

"I'm scared to go to games now"

What? I was taken aback, had the Union Bears finally got their way and driven fans away by singing Ole Ole and throwing paper?

"No, it's not them"

I asked if he wanted to go to the games with the lads and I as we're quite hard and normally a simple "Fucking mon then" is enough to scare off any potential attackers.

He shook his head, 

"I appreciate that but it's the Police I'm scared of"

Why you scared of the Police? I asked the miserable Bear.

"Guys like me aren't welcome at Ibrox anymore"

I immediately asked why he votes SNP and supports the national side but he said it wasn't that either.

"I'm so used to going to the football with the guys and singing what I like about Catholics and assaulting opposition fans, I've had to change my ringtone from Hello Hello as well as that's banned too"

I started to well up, is this what the future holds for Scottish football fans?

I told him things will get better but he retorted...

"Was only last week I got a warning for threatening to stab someone online, can't even threaten anyone on Facebook now"

His story would bring a tear to a glass eye, how many good guys like this have been lost? 

Spare a thought for guys like this when we run out against Motherwell. Fans intimidated out of watching the club they love.

Just now, RJMcGregor said:

And you're religion is based upon a 2000 year old book, first written 300 years after the death of Chirst. Meddled with at the Conference of Nicaea. Do you really think the rulers of the time didn't fuck about with the contents of the bible to make the populous easier to manage?

Also how do you deal with the sheer contradictions or unscientific claims in the bible such as a Flat Earth?

Scotland said no. 

46 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Piss off with that shit.

You know I'm right, hence the backing down.

No you are not right.

The “old club”(as you refer to it) had shed any previous signing policies long before it “died” (your words) therefore that outlook did not die with any old club.

25 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Don't you dare call me a cunt for telling the truth. Going against the grain in a debate and that's your response to a fellow bear? Disgusting.

I've noticed a lot of these types of posts from you and I'll be keeping a very close eye on your future posts. You have been warned.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

We are still a Scottish club, and while our club is built on good Scottish Protestant values and our support largely comes from that community, we have never been a club exclusively for Protestants.

The beggars brought religion into football in Glasgow not us.

This 

8 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

The internet is a platform for people to express their views that they never used to have. Our support is still full of people who would consider themselves Protestant or at least have Protestant leanings.

Thanks for explaining the Internet to me mate, much appreciated.

I agree a lot of fans still have leanings but they could be described as armchair at best. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, people can do what they want. Just means the culture within the support will evolve.