The Rangers Observer - Club 1872 Right on Lennon

Guest Lloyd72

9 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Tbh I didn't think he got much abuse on Saturday - there was one round of Neil Lennon your a wanker but that's all I really noticed. I do sit in the Govan Rear so maybe missed stuff closer to the dugout.

That pretty much echoes my thoughts . I'm in the Copland Front and that's all I really heard . 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

It's a fuckin riddy! We pelter him every time we come up against him, he winds us up when they score and cunts are phoning the polis.. embarrassing. If that offends you you're in the wrong sport, next time we beat them he'll be peltered again and nobody will care what he does.

Sorry but we have bears arrested for singing naughty words, our players assaulted after a cup final, our players assaulted on the park with no apparent protection from the ref, we have been punched, kicked, dehumanised as a club,  fanbase, etc.

Frankly they started this shit, this offended stance at everything. Lennon and his pals can go and Fuck themselves and should face the consequences.  

15 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

It's a fuckin riddy! We pelter him every time we come up against him, he winds us up when they score and cunts are phoning the polis.. embarrassing. If that offends you you're in the wrong sport, next time we beat them he'll be peltered again and nobody will care what he does.

There are morons in every support and the last old firm game showed one of our own imbeciles making monkey gestures, therefore we can't trust certain fans to behave and best all round if the wee prick behaves himself and doesn't provoke one of said imbeciles. I never gave the wee arsehole a second glance on Saturday but imagine the union bears getting their way with a standing area and it being put in the enclosure, Would you fancy them to treat it as banter or would you bet your life saving on the shit hitting the fan and the club paying for it big time.

The lurgan bigot is pure fuckin pus filled boil which needs lanced.
This is a horrible cunt who threatened to have his bit on the sides throat slashed for threatening to spill the beans.
BUT!!!! it's everybody else to blame.
He has caused nothing but bother the minute it stepped into Scottish football,even to the extent of fighting with team mates on and off the park.
JUST ONE HORRIBLE NASTY SHITE.

14 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I have been saying that ever since they put it out. I would have been happy if they mentioned TLB at the end but IMO the main structure should have been about Beaton.

I said to the guy sitting beside me after Herrera was rugby tackled mid way through the second half by a player already on a booking and no action was taken that the only word for that was cheating, and I still believe that today. The referee on Sat was cheating our team with his decisions IMO. :headwall:

Regards the rugby tackle, that tackle is illegal in rugby so it wasn't even a rugby tackle. I agree the focus should have been on the ref cheating.

21 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Club 1872 right on Lennon

August 15, 2017

By Tom Macintyre | Guest Contributor

This is apparently a controversial opinion in some corners of the echo chamber that is Twitter but Club 1872 were absolutely correct to raise the behaviour of Neil Lennon at Ibrox on Saturday. The reaction of much of the Scottish press pack to the incident has completely vindicated the statement put out on Sunday despite the misgivings of some Rangers fans.

It might be helpful to establish a few facts first because, social media being what it is, some important points have been lost in the hysteria.

Club 1872 didn’t report Lennon to the police. That had already happened within an hour of the end of the game when police had taken statements from a significant number of Rangers supporters in the Enclosure and Main Stand at Ibrox.

Lennon wasn’t celebrating a goal. That’s something you do with your players, staff and your own fans. If your first thought when your team scores a goal is to turn and gesture to the opposing fans then it’s not about the goal. Had a Hibs player done exactly what Lennon did then the chances are they would have been sent off - although not perhaps if the referee was John Beaton.

The game was classified by the police as high risk due to previous issues, particularly the cup final. Lennon would have been spoken to by the police before the game. His club would also have been asked to warn their players and staff to behave responsibly. Now you can cry and moan about what on earth has football come to that this had to happen but those are the facts. It was a certainty the police would get involved after the game given their advice and concerns prior to it.

Predictably, the reaction from Hibs and Celtic supporters to Lennon being publicly called out has not been good. You can sense the horror that someone has actually had the gall to point out that Lennon spends most of his professional life acting like an idiot. Not just at Hibs, but at every club he's managed including Bolton. Guess who else didn’t like it being raised? Graham Spiers, Tom English, Barry Glendinning and Angela Haggerty. Are we seeing a pattern?

It has been the reaction of some Rangers supporters that has been puzzling and arguably incredibly naive. It is a very noble position to take - that we should all just man up and hurl abuse at each other at the football and then go about our business. Wouldn’t that be great? Sadly it totally ignores the environment in which Rangers and Rangers fans find themselves. By now, after all the concocted stories, outright lies and twisted facts you would think people would realise that.

There seems to be a school of thought that somehow Club 1872 prompted the media to defend Lennon. Or that mentioning Lennon has somehow taken away from the horrendous performance of John Beaton. Neither of these theories stands up to any scrutiny.

The Beaton issue will take care of itself. Rangers will appeal the red card and should certainly be informing the SFA of their displeasure with his inexplicably bad display. The press were never, ever going to criticise him to the same level that they have when the refereeing mistakes have been against Celtic - simply because Rangers were never going to make a public issue out of it the way Celtic have. You can argue back and forward whether that is the right approach but it’s a fact.

As far as Lennon is concerned, by Sunday morning and prior to any Club 1872 statement, Lennon was already being painted as the victim of his own actions. Derek McGregor, Mark Warburton’s favourite chew toy at the Scottish Sun, had written a back page defending Lennon’s actions and claiming that objects were thrown at him. He’d effectively accused the Rangers backroom staff of being funny foreigners who just didn’t understand Lenny’s wonderful banter with the crowd. Neil Cameron of the Herald had tweeted some justification of Lennon’s inflammatory gestures. Lennon himself had raised and justified his actions in the press conference after the game. 

Lennon, his club and his press cheerleaders knew he was in trouble. His actions were clearly inflammatory. They were always going to attract police and SPFL attention. So the deflection had begun.

From a Rangers point of view, Pedro Caixinha was the first to mention Lennon’s behaviour. There were further press reports that Rangers staff had spoken to the police about Lennon, although it appeared more that the police had been prompted to move towards the dugout by Lennon’s idiotic behaviour.

All of this happened prior to Club 1872 saying anything. And here we get to where they possibly did make a mistake. They were ahead of most people in realising precisely how this would pan out. The police complaints and Rangers’ staff reaction to Lennon guaranteed the press would cover the story. With that also came the certainty that most of them would rush to Lennon’s defence.

Club 1872 could probably have waited until Tuesday or Wednesday when the inevitable opinion pieces would have been out, defending ‘Lenny’ and blaming the terrible persecution he has to suffer. By that time the same Rangers accounts now criticising them on Twitter would have been screaming for someone to intervene at the injustice of it all.

Instead they quickly made the point, correctly, that Lennon’s behaviour was inflammatory and in the context of everything that had gone before, irresponsible. It wasn’t about being offended - Club 1872 never mentioned being offended - although clearly the fans who reported Lennon to the police were.

And to those who say we should just shrug at Lennon’s behaviour? Why should someone’s daughter, or wife, or child be subjected to some ginger idiot firing ‘get it up ye’ gestures into their faces from yards away. Particularly someone who has previous for acting like a ned and being censured for it. And what if someone in the crowd had reacted? It’s not like they haven’t before. Do you think there would have been any mitigation from the press that Lennon should not have been acting how he did?

In certain quarters, although by no means all, the statement has been met with a slightly hipster, ‘against modern football', stiff upper lip reaction. Well guess what, this is modern football in Scotland whether we like it or not and as soon as Lennon made that gesture this chain of events was guaranteed.

Club 1872 have to operate in that environment whether we like it or not. They at least stopped it being a completely one sided love-in about poor, helpless Neil Lennon versus the big bad Rangers support. They should be commended for stepping up to the mark and at least putting across a view that nobody was ever going to see in the Scottish press otherwise. And if you still don’t get that then where have you been the last six years? 

0 Likes 

Why has the board remained silent.

22 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Club 1872 right on Lennon

August 15, 2017

By Tom Macintyre | Guest Contributor

This is apparently a controversial opinion in some corners of the echo chamber that is Twitter but Club 1872 were absolutely correct to raise the behaviour of Neil Lennon at Ibrox on Saturday. The reaction of much of the Scottish press pack to the incident has completely vindicated the statement put out on Sunday despite the misgivings of some Rangers fans.

It might be helpful to establish a few facts first because, social media being what it is, some important points have been lost in the hysteria.

Club 1872 didn’t report Lennon to the police. That had already happened within an hour of the end of the game when police had taken statements from a significant number of Rangers supporters in the Enclosure and Main Stand at Ibrox.

Lennon wasn’t celebrating a goal. That’s something you do with your players, staff and your own fans. If your first thought when your team scores a goal is to turn and gesture to the opposing fans then it’s not about the goal. Had a Hibs player done exactly what Lennon did then the chances are they would have been sent off - although not perhaps if the referee was John Beaton.

The game was classified by the police as high risk due to previous issues, particularly the cup final. Lennon would have been spoken to by the police before the game. His club would also have been asked to warn their players and staff to behave responsibly. Now you can cry and moan about what on earth has football come to that this had to happen but those are the facts. It was a certainty the police would get involved after the game given their advice and concerns prior to it.

Predictably, the reaction from Hibs and Celtic supporters to Lennon being publicly called out has not been good. You can sense the horror that someone has actually had the gall to point out that Lennon spends most of his professional life acting like an idiot. Not just at Hibs, but at every club he's managed including Bolton. Guess who else didn’t like it being raised? Graham Spiers, Tom English, Barry Glendinning and Angela Haggerty. Are we seeing a pattern?

It has been the reaction of some Rangers supporters that has been puzzling and arguably incredibly naive. It is a very noble position to take - that we should all just man up and hurl abuse at each other at the football and then go about our business. Wouldn’t that be great? Sadly it totally ignores the environment in which Rangers and Rangers fans find themselves. By now, after all the concocted stories, outright lies and twisted facts you would think people would realise that.

There seems to be a school of thought that somehow Club 1872 prompted the media to defend Lennon. Or that mentioning Lennon has somehow taken away from the horrendous performance of John Beaton. Neither of these theories stands up to any scrutiny.

The Beaton issue will take care of itself. Rangers will appeal the red card and should certainly be informing the SFA of their displeasure with his inexplicably bad display. The press were never, ever going to criticise him to the same level that they have when the refereeing mistakes have been against Celtic - simply because Rangers were never going to make a public issue out of it the way Celtic have. You can argue back and forward whether that is the right approach but it’s a fact.

As far as Lennon is concerned, by Sunday morning and prior to any Club 1872 statement, Lennon was already being painted as the victim of his own actions. Derek McGregor, Mark Warburton’s favourite chew toy at the Scottish Sun, had written a back page defending Lennon’s actions and claiming that objects were thrown at him. He’d effectively accused the Rangers backroom staff of being funny foreigners who just didn’t understand Lenny’s wonderful banter with the crowd. Neil Cameron of the Herald had tweeted some justification of Lennon’s inflammatory gestures. Lennon himself had raised and justified his actions in the press conference after the game. 

Lennon, his club and his press cheerleaders knew he was in trouble. His actions were clearly inflammatory. They were always going to attract police and SPFL attention. So the deflection had begun.

From a Rangers point of view, Pedro Caixinha was the first to mention Lennon’s behaviour. There were further press reports that Rangers staff had spoken to the police about Lennon, although it appeared more that the police had been prompted to move towards the dugout by Lennon’s idiotic behaviour.

All of this happened prior to Club 1872 saying anything. And here we get to where they possibly did make a mistake. They were ahead of most people in realising precisely how this would pan out. The police complaints and Rangers’ staff reaction to Lennon guaranteed the press would cover the story. With that also came the certainty that most of them would rush to Lennon’s defence.

Club 1872 could probably have waited until Tuesday or Wednesday when the inevitable opinion pieces would have been out, defending ‘Lenny’ and blaming the terrible persecution he has to suffer. By that time the same Rangers accounts now criticising them on Twitter would have been screaming for someone to intervene at the injustice of it all.

Instead they quickly made the point, correctly, that Lennon’s behaviour was inflammatory and in the context of everything that had gone before, irresponsible. It wasn’t about being offended - Club 1872 never mentioned being offended - although clearly the fans who reported Lennon to the police were.

And to those who say we should just shrug at Lennon’s behaviour? Why should someone’s daughter, or wife, or child be subjected to some ginger idiot firing ‘get it up ye’ gestures into their faces from yards away. Particularly someone who has previous for acting like a ned and being censured for it. And what if someone in the crowd had reacted? It’s not like they haven’t before. Do you think there would have been any mitigation from the press that Lennon should not have been acting how he did?

In certain quarters, although by no means all, the statement has been met with a slightly hipster, ‘against modern football', stiff upper lip reaction. Well guess what, this is modern football in Scotland whether we like it or not and as soon as Lennon made that gesture this chain of events was guaranteed.

Club 1872 have to operate in that environment whether we like it or not. They at least stopped it being a completely one sided love-in about poor, helpless Neil Lennon versus the big bad Rangers support. They should be commended for stepping up to the mark and at least putting across a view that nobody was ever going to see in the Scottish press otherwise. And if you still don’t get that then where have you been the last six years? 

0 Likes 

Anyone who slags any Rangers fan off  or anything to do with our club DEFENDING OURSELVES .

Are apologetic rhabid scum lovers .

And should be ashamed of your fucking selves . You know WHO  you are . BANGERS

3 hours ago, Burnbank Derry said:

Regards the rugby tackle, that tackle is illegal in rugby so it wasn't even a rugby tackle. I agree the focus should have been on the ref cheating.

I am not up on rugby rules so I could have got that wrong, it just looked to me a tackle I would have seen in a game of rugby and could not understand how it was not a booking in football. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I am not up on rugby rules so I could have got that wrong, it just looked to me a tackle I would have seen in a game of rugby and could not understand how it was not a booking in football. :thumbup:

A tackle round the neck in rugby is considered dangerous play (high tackle) punishable by a yellow card which is a spell in the sin bin or a straight red card. However there is always the question of whether it was accidental or intentional. A bit like Stokes' on Tav.

On 15/08/2017 at 3:50 PM, With Heart and Hand said:

We are punters he's meant to be a professional and is a public figure, if you can't see the difference I don't know what to say 

The apathetic attidue shared by you and other bears is the reason the taigs have the upper hand, you'd rather bury your head in the sand

The beggars don't need to defend themselves nowadays 

plenty posters on here will do it for them 

Quite happily slagging off good bears at the same time 

48 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

A tackle round the neck in rugby is considered dangerous play (high tackle) punishable by a yellow card which is a spell in the sin bin or a straight red card. However there is always the question of whether it was accidental or intentional. A bit like Stokes' on Tav.

:thumbup:

5 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Oh you will see those tackles in Rugby, you will also see the offender getting his marching orders straight after it. 

59 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

There is no debate on the Stokes punch and choke of Tav or the choke of Jack. 

I think Bears was more asking how McGregor managed to get away with 2 clothesline tackles that would've got a player sent off in Rugby but in that game on Saturday not only didn't result in a card but actually the foul being given against the Rangers player. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh you will see those tackles in Rugby, you will also see the offender getting his marching orders straight after it. 

It was mainly the one on Herrera on the halfway line in the second half by the no10 (I think) who was on a yellow and it was unbelievable how he stayed on. I called it cheating at the time and have not changed my mind. 

The one on Tav by Stokes in the first half would certainly have been dealt with in a rugby game.   

Just now, Bears r us said:

It was the one on Herrera on the halfway line in the second half by the no10 (I think) who was on a yellow and it was unbelievable how he stayed on. I called it cheating at the time and have not changed my mind. 

The one on Tav by Stokes in the first half would certainly have been dealt with in a rugby game.   

McGregor on Morelos in the first half that not only didn't result in a card but actually a foul against Morelos.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

It was the one on Herrera on the halfway line in the second half by the no10 (I think) who was on a yellow and it was unbelievable how he stayed on. I called it cheating at the time and have not changed my mind. 

No10? was he that baldy cunt McGeohan or something. He could've got at least 5 yellows in that game and not had a compliant about anyone of them. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No10? was he that baldy cunt McGeohan or something. He could've got at least 5 yellows in that game and not had a compliant about anyone of them. 

Yes and the one on Herrera should have been a certain 2nd yellow, he just ran away from the ref and never turned back and Beaton let him off.

Absolute joke.

Don't want to sound like a taig though so we should just let it go.

35 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I think that is the name and how he stayed on the pitch only Beaton knows. 

42 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes and the one on Herrera should have been a certain 2nd yellow, he just ran away from the ref and never turned back and Beaton let him off.

Absolute joke.

Don't want to sound like a taig though so we should just let it go.

That's getting boring as fuck this week. 

What are you aw like a bunch of moaning taigs. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That's getting boring as fuck this week. 

What are you aw like a bunch of moaning taigs. 

Aye its getting worn out that patter.

For me, acting like a taig is greeting over injusticies that probably weren't injusticies.

What happened on Saturday was a blatant injustice and we should rightly complain about it.

The way cunts are going on in here you would think the taigs are the only club to ever complain about anything.