Pedro feeling Stronger than ever

Guest Lloyd72

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

I don't, as you know, live in Scotland but do you honestly think Delia got it as hard from the media as Pedro does and Brenda seems to be adored by the current crap of Scottish journos.  That aside, he can easily remove some of the pressure with a run of good results, I also think the JJ appointment was an error as he'd have been better with someone who knows the club AND the media.  

Delia got it tight IMO but Brenda doesn't, but that harps back to a point I made earlier and success is parallel to this as if you are a success the stupid stories dry up, the press and journo's treat you with respect and want something from you so the atmosphere around you changes. 

Pedro brings a lot of it on himself some of the stuff he spouts mate - last season best squad in Scotland, best players in Scotland, Aberdeen are on a downward spiral, Derek McInnes wan't his job, WATP this and that, this is the best training session I've ever seen, arguing with fans in bushes in Luxembourg, telling people they will see the devil, making analogies to bullfighting etc .. it's all bollocks and absolutely hilarious if your a non-Rangers supporter or in the media. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Delia got it tight IMO but Brenda doesn't, but that harps back to a point I made earlier and success is parallel to this as if you are a success the stupid stories dry up, the press and journo's treat you with respect and want something from you so the atmosphere around you changes. 

Pedro brings a lot of it on himself some of the stuff he spouts mate - last season best squad in Scotland, best players in Scotland, Aberdeen are on a downward spiral, Derek McInnes wan't his job, WATP this and that, this is the best training session I've ever seen, arguing with fans in bushes in Luxembourg, telling people they will see the devil, making analogies to bullfighting etc .. it's all bollocks and absolutely hilarious if your a non-Rangers supporter or in the media. 

His point was "he needs to install in the players they are part of the best squad, i.e. Self belief", Aberdeen are on the way down, mcinnes did want his job, apparently he was embarrassed enough to face the fans but ballsy enough to do it, only pictured to look like he was arguing (ye ever tried to reason with an angry man?).  Only my take though ?

1 minute ago, bluenose1975 said:

His point was "he needs to install in the players they are part of the best squad, i.e. Self belief", Aberdeen are on the way down, mcinnes did want his job, apparently he was embarrassed enough to face the fans but ballsy enough to do it, only pictured to look like he was arguing (ye ever tried to reason with an angry man?).  Only my take though ?

He's got balls alright mate no doubt about it and character (bags of it) but he's not for me. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

He's got balls alright mate no doubt about it and character (bags of it) but he's not for me. 

Hope he wins you round bud, we deserve it and the fact he's got the fenian press on his tail only strengthens my belief that he's on the right tracks, minor slip up here and there aside. ??

Just now, bluenose1975 said:

Hope he wins you round bud, we deserve it and the fact he's got the fenian press on his tail only strengthens my belief that he's on the right tracks, minor slip up here and there aside. ??

I hope he wins me round too mate. I've been giving him praise on here after every game since Progres too but was brought back to earth with a bump after Saturday even accounting for a stinking bastard ref - I don't think he covered himself in glory with the changes he made and we looked lost which worries me.

I'd love nothing more than for me to eat my words. I said it last season after getting ripped into him a lot on here that I'll happily be man enough to admit I was wrong IF he wins me round. I'm not that stubborn where if he does well I'll make excuses and not give him praise, I'd love to sit here and lick his rim but he can't have anymore slip ups. I think a lot of people are just hanging in there, giving him the very last bit of benefit of the doubt because of the ref at the weekend but we really can't afford anymore slip ups. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I hope he wins me round too mate. I've been giving him praise on here after every game since Progres too but was brought back to earth with a bump after Saturday even accounting for a stinking bastard ref - I don't think he covered himself in glory with the changes he made and we looked lost which worries me.

I'd love nothing more than for me to eat my words. I said it last season after getting ripped into him a lot on here that I'll happily be man enough to admit I was wrong IF he wins me round. I'm not that stubborn where if he does well I'll make excuses and not give him praise, I'd love to sit here and lick his rim but he can't have anymore slip ups. I think a lot of people are just hanging in there, giving him the very last bit of benefit of the doubt because of the ref at the weekend but we really can't afford anymore slip ups. 

If he does come good I'll cheer him like most but nae need for rim licking patter, that's kept for the birds ??

9 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

A string of good results he may win over all Bears, any more bad results only piles on the pressure.  Hopefully, the results will come as I think he has assembled a decent squad, albeit there are a couple of positions needing to be strengthened.  Alves, Cardoso, Jack, Dorrans are all better than what we had last season, Morelos looks like a wee poacher and Candeidas is decent.  A series of good results is now vital though.

It was the dire performances last season that made me doubt Pedro so much. He seems to have made some good signings and I believe we will improve as the season goes on.

Saturday though was another sign that he's a maverick tactically and not a very good one. He talks a lot about character and presence which is all good because it's what we lacked so much last season.

His other penchant is for talking like an expert tactician and it's here that he's so far been found to be lacking. Not many are great tacticians right enough but they at least recognise it and so don't come away with the type of nonsense we seen on Saturday when he didn't shore up the midfield. At most clubs it's probably ok to take mad gambles to massage your delusions of being a managerial grandee because defeats are not as costly as they are at Ibrox. He'll need to smarten up in this respect or the support will soon see it for the major flaw it is because instead of maybe still winning a game or getting a point you end up with none and that costs titles in our league when it happens repeatedly over a season.

Shame he has this flaw because he has good traits. I like the way he is strict and takes no shit, how he likes an aggressive fast attacking team, and what looks like so far the ability to spot players with the right mentality and style of play on a relatively small budget.

He's up against it anyway because of circumstances with being at a club like Rangers in a period where we are very much playing catch-up but his flamboyant streak will see him out the door even sooner. He needs to just focus on being a solid practical manager who builds upon the foundations he's trying to put in place and leave off being the grand matador. All we want is to be secure in the knowledge that we have a competent stable manager to lead us back to where we belong and bring home our trophies. The grand gestures and tactical mistakes just make people doubt him because risky strategies never pay-off in the long run.

The shit part for us, I think, is Pedro doesn't strike me as the sort who is ever short on self belief and so he'll continue to take silly decisions at crucial moments because being cautious and smart doesn't even enter his head in the heat of the moment. These type of managers are rash and not in the same class as the likes of Smith when it comes to calculating the chances of decisions paying off. That's why they move around so much.

16 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

It was the dire performances last season that made me doubt Pedro so much. He seems to have made some good signings and I believe we will improve as the season goes on.

Saturday though was another sign that he's a maverick tactically and not a very good one. He talks a lot about character and presence which is all good because it's what we lacked so much last season.

His other penchant is for talking like an expert tactician and it's here that he's so far been found to be lacking. Not many are great tacticians right enough but they at least recognise it and so don't come away with the type of nonsense we seen on Saturday when he didn't shore up the midfield. At most clubs it's probably ok to take mad gambles to massage your delusions of being a managerial grandee because defeats are not as costly as they are at Ibrox. He'll need to smarten up in this respect or the support will soon see it for the major flaw it is because instead of maybe still winning a game or getting a point you end up with none and that costs titles in our league when it happens repeatedly over a season.

Shame he has this flaw because he has good traits. I like the way he is strict and takes no shit, how he likes an aggressive fast attacking team, and what looks like so far the ability to spot players with the right mentality and style of play on a relatively small budget.

He's up against it anyway because of circumstances with being at a club like Rangers in a period where we are very much playing catch-up but his flamboyant streak will see him out the door even sooner. He needs to just focus on being a solid practical manager who builds upon the foundations he's trying to put in place and leave off being the grand matador. All we want is to be secure in the knowledge that we have a competent stable manager to lead us back to where we belong and bring home our trophies. The grand gestures and tactical mistakes just make people doubt him because risky strategies never pay-off in the long run.

The shit part for us, I think, is Pedro doesn't strike me as the sort who is ever short on self belief and so he'll continue to take silly decisions at crucial moments because being cautious and smart doesn't even enter his head in the heat of the moment. These type of managers are rash and not in the same class as the likes of Smith when it comes to calculating the chances of decisions paying off. That's why they move around so much.

I agree.    If he kept his messaging simple and delivers on his ambitions for this season then he may yet be a good success.    When he said he'd produce teams that compete for each game as though it was a cup final to be won I could understand that and buy into that.  And when he said the objective is to 'win, win, win' because he knows this is what is required at Rangers I could buy into that as well.  Both were clear simple messages and its what I wanted to hear.    All he has to do is do it.   

41 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Advocaat could do the same kind of thing at times, especially when we need to get a goal or go for a win; very similar to what Caixinha did the other day. And although I'd have rather had Rossiter for Miller, we still had a fairly good shape to the time. It was something I disagree with, but I don't think the decisions he made after the sending off were as bad as some make out. 

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

I agree.    If he kept his messaging simple and delivers on his ambitions for this season then he may yet be a good success.    When he said he'd produce teams that compete for each game as though it was a cup final to be won I could understand that and buy into that.  And when he said the objective is to 'win, win, win' because he knows this is what is required at Rangers I could buy into that as well.  Both were clear simple messages and its what I wanted to hear.    All he has to do is do it.   

If we avoid injuries and he keeps it straightforward I think these players will do enough for him to keep his job. I just fear we'll see him come up with masterplans that backfire and make the fans give up on him completely. It's got to make sense for the support to stay with you. If he does something daft against that lot or the sheep I'll end up loathing him as my patience is already done after these other disasters.

I hope I'm wrong but I see that head strong streak in him were self believe goes too far and it's like a mild form of delusion. We've probably all had it beaten out of us at one point through experiencing dissapointments because of our mistakes but Pedro looks and sounds  stubborn enough to just carry on believing instead of keeping things simple or practical. 

I suppose the support will make him aware enough though because Ibrox is a lonely looking place for a manager who does stupid things. Part of me feels sympathy for them when it's going wrong.

17 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Advocaat could do the same kind of thing at times, especially when we need to get a goal or go for a win; very similar to what Caixinha did the other day. And although I'd have rather had Rossiter for Miller, we still had a fairly good shape to the time. It was something I disagree with, but I don't think the decisions he made after the sending off were as bad as some make out. 

I don't remember Advocaat going with two strikers instead of a midfield after being a man down but it's more in a wider sense I was meaning. The odd mistake is forgivable but look at the way he sent us out against that lot last season after Murty delivered a blue print to at least being competitive. It's more the size and how silly the mistakes are that make me doubt him. Then when you add his waffle and mentality it just gives me the fear a bit. It all smacks of an arrogant stubborn streak that will cost us too many points to win titles. Maybe he'll settle down and prove me wrong and nothing would make me happier because he is a good cunt and a character. Just being honest about what I'm seeing because mistakes like these if repeated mean he can never win a title and that's all that matters at Rangers. 

15 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

A string of good results he may win over all Bears, any more bad results only piles on the pressure. 

I don't think he will win me over as a manager of our team.  A few good results won't do it.  The issue we have is that we have had 3 mediocre managers now, which has made us a mediocre team the last couple of years.  All three probably would have got us out of the bottom leagues in the same time we did, but none have/will make an impact in the top division.

Whilst we have mediocre managers, we are going to be mediocre on the park.  Too many stupid signings last year, too many this year.  Not all will agree with me, but personally I wanted us to at least go one better than last year, and get 2nd.  At the moment, we have no chance of getting 2nd in the league, and unfortunately, as much as he may be a nice guy, Pedro cannot get us where we want to be.

Until we have the right manager, we will be where we are now.  

22 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Agree'd. We're in a much stronger spot than last season. If we had faced Hibs with last season's squad then I don't think it would've been the same result. 

The only thing that really stopped us from winning at the weekend was not putting those other two goals in and the Ref being incompetent. I've got faith in Pedro, he's got some degree of competency and at the very least isn't akin to Warburton. He did actually try to change our style of play during the hibs game when he seen that we weren't winning the midfield. Now a lot of people would say "Just bring on Rossiter". Rossiter would come on, put in a tackle and get booked and then that's him useless tackle wise for the rest of the game or worse yet we'd be 2 men down. 

Pedro looked at what was happening and just cut out the midfield. It wasn't perfect but it's a helluva lot better than just trying to do the exact same thing albeit with 10 men. Good bedrock has been put in place and we're building on it. We're looking stronger as a team and I've got much more faith in it than last seasons team. 

That's what gave me a degree of hope as well mate.Last season MW was constantly being criticised for replacing like for like and not changing things.We actually have a manager willing to change things and now that's deemed total crap and he doesn't know what he is doing!!Fact is he won't get it right every time and based on the refereeing performance last weekend I don't see how the fuck he could have!Like you say Rossiter would have been right in the book first tackle.If Tav and Morelos got booked for being practically assaulted what chance would a combative  midfielder like Rossiter have had?I have seen a Hell of a lot of improvement on last season and remain optimistic for the season ahead.Honestly believe we are heading in the right direction on and off the field.Havent been able to feel like that for what seems like an eternity.

I have been fairly consistent that I think he is a dud. But he also gets til Christmas no matter what happens. So I am hoping that he can make it work and prove me wrong in that time. 

The defence is miles better. As is the midfield. I think Morelos will come good and candeias looks a grafter with a bit of skill. 

Didnt see the Hivs game but a red card after 30 mins and you are always going to struggle against a team who were properly up for a battle. Especially when you are a new team. They will have benefitted from that battle. They stuck up for each other on the park when fouls were flying and that will have brought them together 

there is hope yet 

2 hours ago, Gazza2258 said:

I don't think he will win me over as a manager of our team.  A few good results won't do it.  The issue we have is that we have had 3 mediocre managers now, which has made us a mediocre team the last couple of years.  All three probably would have got us out of the bottom leagues in the same time we did, but none have/will make an impact in the top division.

Whilst we have mediocre managers, we are going to be mediocre on the park.  Too many stupid signings last year, too many this year.  Not all will agree with me, but personally I wanted us to at least go one better than last year, and get 2nd.  At the moment, we have no chance of getting 2nd in the league, and unfortunately, as much as he may be a nice guy, Pedro cannot get us where we want to be.

Until we have the right manager, we will be where we are now.  

Well that makes you sound very open minded and one of the last three managers, namely McCoist failed to get us out of the lower leagues :confused:

So you have already written off getting 2nd place, I haven't written off being 1st though it is unlikely.  Stupid signings, well IMHO Jack, Dorrans, Alves, Cardoso, Morelos and Candeidas all look decent signings.  Pena and Hererra I haven't seen enough of them but am not prepared to write them off.

Pedro to his credit identified areas of weakness and signed players accordingly, will he be a success - only time will tell, I feel he can turn things around.

17 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Well that makes you sound very open minded and one of the last three managers, namely McCoist failed to get us out of the lower leagues :confused:

So you have already written off getting 2nd place, I haven't written off being 1st though it is unlikely.  Stupid signings, well IMHO Jack, Dorrans, Alves, Cardoso, Morelos and Candeidas all look decent signings.  Pena and Hererra I haven't seen enough of them but am not prepared to write them off.

Pedro to his credit identified areas of weakness and signed players accordingly, will he be a success - only time will tell, I feel he can turn things around.

If he proves me wrong, and he is a very good manager, brilliant. I haven't even seen glimpses of him being any better than average, yet.  

1 hour ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Some very warburtonesque stuff there, but we'll see if we've "learned" or are stronger against hearts so we will Ped! ??

IMG_4980.PNG.1d7e41e24d13ae72ab46a4cacf0b2c60.PNG

I thought last Sat was a must win game :duh:  and now I am certain the Hearts game is another must win game, anything but three points on Sat and the pressure in Pedro will be huge. 

I am still hoping he can turn it around but he is starting to run out of time IMO. :unsure: