Banners on staircase

jjbscotty12

1 minute ago, weeneily said:

I wonder if any companies in this line of business have  a table in the Chairman's Club and a sister company with a formers Rangers director on the board. 

Surely not, what was the charter again no director or company they own will use Rangers to Print money then they handed Park the Bus contract paying the other company of a year early.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Surely not, what was the charter again no director or company they own will use Rangers to Print money then they handed Park the Bus contract paying the other company of a year early.

Its not a secret though, they use the banners to market their website so they're not hiding it.

banner - Copy.jpg

You can imagine the furore if Scottish Heritage put banners up over key parts of Edinburgh Castle or Stirling Castle and then quietly admitted, only after questioning, that they were not to mask repair work but to be a permanent feature.    I suspect a few senior people would be looking for new jobs.

I wonder if the Chairman and the Directors and the senior execs at the Club have, as a group, taken a walk round the stadium to note its condition first hand and in particular to stand and consider the banners they have allowed to be put up.    If they haven't then they should, and then go back to the board room and reconsider their decision.   What, for instance, were the alternatives and with the benefit of hindsight are any of them better than the wretched banner solution.  

If the banners are a considered decision backed by the majority of board members then then they should explain how they came to make the decision and why they think this is the image the Club wants its Supporters and the rest of the football world to see. And then remove them,  

The beggars stadium is a fucking monstrosity so they've threw banners up all around it to hide how ugly it really is. A council funded free walkway still doesn't make it look any better.

Ours is a traditional, magnificent ground that only requires a clean (albeit a major one). Why we are throwing banners up all over the stands while a power wash should be top priority truly baffles me. Tacky and cheap looking IMO.

The banners on the stairs are a complete waste of money and hides the great work that's went into one of the standout features of the ground. The megaatore aside, I think the banners devalue our ground and look out of place big time.

5 minutes ago, RD.1872 said:

The beggars stadium is a fucking monstrosity so they've threw banners up all around it to hide how ugly it really is. A council funded free walkway still doesn't make it look any better.

Ours is a traditional, magnificent ground that only requires a clean (albeit a major one). Why we are throwing banners up all over the stands while a power wash should be top priority truly baffles me. Tacky and cheap looking IMO.

The banners on the stairs are a complete waste of money and hides the great work that's went into one of the standout features of the ground. The megaatore aside, I think the banners devalue our ground and look out of place big time.

Agreed. Probably cost more than a power hosing would have to boot.

On 19/08/2017 at 11:37 AM, Blue Avenger said:

The banners are a fucking eyesore of that there is no doubt.

However, the old lady is tired and I reckon it's costing the board plenty to keep her on life support. Even the newer parts are going on 30 years. 

The upkeep and any modernisations would just be throwing good money after bad, so it's cheap and not so cheerful for the foreseeable future just to keep her on life support.

I've said before, time we moved on to a new stadium development, as the old lady just cannot live forever and her time is near I'm afraid. Same with any building, if it's becoming unsustainable to maintain and update it. 

It's served us well through the many great and glorious times and the bad as well, so we take those memories with us, maybe even the red bricks as well, but I do think time is near to have a plan to move on to pastures new.

.:megaanguish:

Incoming..........

Exactly what is it that you think is wrong in terms of major structural work which would necessitate having to leave the Stadium?

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Exactly what is it that you think is wrong in terms of major structural work which would necessitate having to leave the Stadium?

More to the question how much would a new stadium cost (even the new one Dumbarton are proposing is costing 30-million for a bit of farmers land outside the town) and how much could you realistically get for a plot like that in Govan with no regeneration plans and an area constantly glossed over by Glasgow Council for funding and future development.

We expected to share Hampden with Queen's park or something? no thanks.

Nothing wrong with Ibrox. It's our home. When I say nothing wrong I mean apart from a power clean, licks of paint and some repairs.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

More to the question how much would a new stadium cost (even the new one Dumbarton are proposing is costing 30-million for a bit of farmers land outside the town) and how much could you realistically get for a plot like that in Govan with no regeneration plans and an area constantly glossed over by Glasgow Council for funding and future development.

We expected to share Hampden with Queen's park or something? no thanks.

Nothing wrong with Ibrox. It's our home. When I say nothing wrong I mean apart from a power clean, licks of paint and some repairs.

Very little wrong with the stadium the some TLC cannot fix, these fukking banners on the stairs are however a disgrace especially as it appears they are in situ for the long term.  Where are all these investors that rancid cunt Mini said were lined up???  More lies??

Of all the fuck ups that this board have made I'd say these are the worst of the lot. I cannot believe that the horrible yellowed panels are still in place (or at least remain washed), but they are spending cash on covering key features with fucking plastic hanging banners. 

Coming from a design, construction and asset management background, I can't believe how little appears to be done to maintain our beautiful stadium. Fans would be chomping at the bit to support any maintenance work, if they could work a way round the insurance implications. 

20 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well go on your dying to tell us. ? 

Well the screen shot is from their SPD website. They have been members of the Chairman's Club for years. If you look at companies house they have a sister company which has one Walter Ferguson Smith on the board. Surprised Walter didn't advise them to refuse the work due to the horrendous tacky nature of it.  

here's a thing. given the road closures around ibrox and the official statement relating to that: "Taking into account the current UK Threat Level and to ensure the safety of all spectators this new arrangement will continue until further notice."

are the banners part of this? maybe to limit flying glass in the event of a bomb? it's not inconceivable...

12 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

here's a thing. given the road closures around ibrox and the official statement relating to that: "Taking into account the current UK Threat Level and to ensure the safety of all spectators this new arrangement will continue until further notice."

are the banners part of this? maybe to limit flying glass in the event of a bomb? it's not inconceivable...

?? naw. 

The banner looks horrendous at the Copland side.  We need answers , stupid banners all over the place , just clean the place up externally . I've overseen the cleaning of large multi storey cladding blocks and it not that dear , one stand could be done for the bonus Robertson got last year for f all .

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Seen a boy saying that on Twitter, surely the threat from the IRA would of been much larger than what it is from Isis?

54 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Seen a boy saying that on Twitter, surely the threat from the IRA would of been much larger than what it is from Isis?

The IRA had a policy of never carrying out atrocities in Scotland so there never was a threat.

They thought nothing of murdering children in London or Manchester though. 

• 1 month later...