The Pedro Caixinha Thread

.Williamson.

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not on a rampage disagreeing with your posts on purpose but I think this cup final thing is an absolute myth. Heard people say it when Warburton was in charge too.

We are just so pish at finishing, breaking teams down and injecting tempo in key areas that it makes any semi-organised team look like it's their cup final. They aren't playing out of their skin - all they are is being disciplined - it's us that are so bad.

this. how long is it going to be used as an excuse?

no one said this in 2011 or before so whats different now apart from we're shite and teams know they have a chance to beat us? its no excuse and has become a cliche

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not on a rampage disagreeing with your posts on purpose but I think this cup final thing is an absolute myth. Heard people say it when Warburton was in charge too.

We are just so pish at finishing, breaking teams down and injecting tempo in key areas that it makes any semi-organised team look like it's their cup final. They aren't playing out of their skin - all they are is being disciplined - it's us that are so bad.

I totally agree with you, I dont think Hearts put in a 'cup final' performance today at all. I dont think any of their players raised their game, they didnt really get in our faces like hivs did and they didnt come at us at a hundred miles an hour. What they did have was a very basic Craig Levein 4-6-0 game plan where they set up to frustrate us and allowed us to dominate position outwith the danger areas and in the end did so pretty comfortably. In other words, pretty much the same thing we'll have to do against the filth this season if we're to avoid any more record defeats.

Saw his comments after the game and he got it pretty much spot on . The main problem was the lack of pace . The problem is can he address it . I think the squad is way better than last season so we should be getting the results . He has to sort it 

39 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Problem is the board won't make a decision until its far to late and second won't even be possible. Another long long long season beckons. Massive error in judgement when appointing this man.

Guys nothing more than an after dinner speaker..

It was too late when this board took over.

If you can't inject the level of investment needed to match the scum, then there is no point. Being second is being a loser and that is where we remain with this board. We are actually arguing about being second. Accept it, or just keep howling at the moon.

Every week that the gap widens between the points we have won and those being won by clubs in the top 3/4 of the league it will obviously become harder for Pedro to achieve what he said he wanted to achieve this season which is a much more competitive Rangers than the side we saw last season.   That, if nothing else, infers at least a 2nd place finish and being a genuine title contender.    The start to the season he's overseen so far is not to his advantage.  Far from it.   

Every game is a 'must win' game from the start of the season but already and even before the end of August games are becoming 'absolutely must win' and if the current trend continues they will become 'imperative must wins'.   The next game is against a side we could not beat last season and I guess that also adds to the pressure on Pedro.   He claims he is not affected by the pressures.   Good for him if that genuinely is the case.   But if it continues and we find ourselves at the half way point in the season in a broadly similar position in terms of wins and league points and league position as last season then I suppose the Chairman and the Board are going to have some pretty piercing questions for him at his mid term review.  

If, over the next few months, he is not able to generate the winning momentum he talks about as being necessary then why, you'd wonder, would King and the Board want to keep him.   The noise from a fair bit of the Support about not living up to promises for the season would be deafening.   More so if OF games go as badly as they did last season.  It's already picking up in volume and this is still only August.    At this rate Pedro may quickly prove himself to be totally useless as Manager of Rangers.    In the eyes of some he is on that pathway and in the eyes of others he's already reached that undesirable destination and is in P45 territory. 

The thing is though, I think the Board will do the same as last season and give him until the half way point in the season to see if he can turn it round.  Then King will put some difficult points and questions to him and its either sack him at the end of the season if the outcome is a league position that is not a big improvement on last season or Pedro walks because he realises he's not got the backing of the Chairman and Board.   And hey presto its start again next season.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If you can't inject the level of investment needed to match the scum, then there is no point. Being second is being a loser and that is where we remain with this board. We are actually arguing about being second. Accept it, or just keep howling at the moon.

Second with this board or third with Pedro (maybe even 4th)

Absolute no-brainer. 

On 19 August 2017 at 7:24 PM, Blue Avenger said:

Exactly.

we needed funds & when this board took over in 2015 I argued they couldn't provide the level of funding we were going to need to attract the right quality of manager and players. I got called Ashley supporter & everything else....

Firstly we got MW as manager and that bombed. He was a budget appointment. He was little more than a youth coach who'd only managed Brentford for 18 months. Last summer's signings proved he wasn't as well connected as was thought.

Now we've got Pedro. Another budget appointment. Supposedly well connected like MW to get us quality signings at affordable prices. Not working out as the likes of Pena & Herrera are showing. And even more worrying is how clueless his team selections & tactics now appear to be. If he has any tactics at all that is.

When Pedro does go those who appointed him must go too.

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Every week that the gap widens between the points we have won and those being won by clubs in the top 3/4 of the league it will obviously become harder for Pedro to achieve what he said he wanted to achieve this season which is a much more competitive Rangers than the side we saw last season.   That, if nothing else, infers at least a 2nd place finish and being a genuine title contender.    The start to the season he's overseen so far is not to his advantage.  Far from it.   

Every game is a 'must win' game from the start of the season but already and even before the end of August games are becoming 'absolutely must win' and if the current trend continues they will become 'imperative must wins'.   The next game is against a side we could not beat last season and I guess that also adds to the pressure on Pedro.   He claims he is not affected by the pressures.   Good for him if that genuinely is the case.   But if it continues and we find ourselves at the half way point in the season in a broadly similar position in terms of wins and league points and league position as last season then I suppose the Chairman and the Board are going to have some pretty piercing questions for him at his mid term review.  

If, over the next few months, he is not able to generate the winning momentum he talks about as being necessary then why, you'd wonder, would King and the Board want to keep him.   The noise from a fair bit of the Support about not living up to promises for the season would be deafening.   More so if OF games go as badly as they did last season.  It's already picking up in volume and this is still only August.    At this rate Pedro may quickly prove himself to be totally useless as Manager of Rangers.    In the eyes of some he is on that pathway and in the eyes of others he's already reached that undesirable destination and is in P45 territory. 

The thing is though, I think the Board will do the same as last season and give him until the half way point in the season to see if he can turn it round.  Then King will put some difficult points and questions to him and its either sack him at the end of the season if the outcome is a league position that is not a big improvement on last season or Pedro walks because he realises he's not got the backing of the Chairman and Board.   And hey presto its start again next season.

Irrespective of what he and every other manager alludes to, surely you did not expect to take the title this season or any other until we had the prerequsite level of investment to do so and bring in a manager of at least Brenda's calibre, no matter the cunt he is?

The scum won the treble at a canter. Not one game lost. They have just secured another 26 mil without spending a penny. The gap is widening not closing.

Nothing changes until we adequately invest and bring in a top manager.

That old record is stuck on repeat. When will we realise it's worn out and we are Rangers in name only with this board?

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Second with this board or third with Pedro (maybe even 4th)

Absolute no-brainer. 

Second or last makes no difference. There is no honour in either.

The arguement deflects to second, when the demand should be first and no less, but the king rimmers won't have it.

Unless there is change, 10 iar is given for the scum and the rimmers will still be making excuses. We simply cannot afford a manager anywhere near Brenda's calibre and that's a damming indictment in itself, far less the. chasm in squad investment.

Sometimes being the assistant manager is what you excell at. For me you should be recognising your own ability and reference yourself accordingly. Pedro is at best a good assistant manager, never in a million years is he good enough to be the organ grinder. 

I thought Caixinha was an odd choice from the outset.

With the limited funding this board is able to provide, I thought we'd have gone for someone with extensive knowledge & contacts in the likes of say Scandanavia or Eastern Europe where we could get better calibre players at affordable prices.

instead we went for a guy who was stuck in the Middle East probably because none of the top European clubs rated him.

The scum proved it was false economy to take the cheap option with deila,  acknowledged the mistake then rectified it by getting the best management appointment they could afford.

I've never in my entire life advocated we try to emulate what they do but even I have to concede they made a very shrewd call by acting quickly and decisively. 

I'm afraid the writing is very much on the wall with this guy following some of the most horrendous results in our entire history. Results that someone with tactical nouse would have avoided. There can be no denying that! 

It's happened too many times and the board have to face the fact that to prolong his tenure will inevitably cost this club more in the long run. 

Can almost envisage Pedro becoming our very own Rony Delia.  Assembles a decent bunch of players but it takes someone else to come in, tweak a few areas and turn them into a team.

Defense - looks solid though Cardoso has a tendency to be either complacent or take his eye off the ball.  Oh and we need a left back.

Midfield was weak with no creativity, now we just have no creativity.

Morelos looks like a good wee player but we need more from midfield.  Miller (too old) and Windass (too weak) are passengers.  If Pedro insists in playing Miller then keep him at #9 - he is not a winger or a midfield player but still may have a few goals in him.  

Archived