Police Scotland OBFA submission

D'Artagnan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

too many scum fans must be getting caught like these cunts below.

Eight Celtic fans are to stand trial for allegedly wearing tops bearing images supporting the IRA.
Martin Gardner, 49, John Forbes, 31, Anthony Kerr, 33, Asjad Siraj, 29, Paul Townsend, 26, Paul Quigley, 26, Ryan Gallagher, 28, and Stefan Morris, 24, appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court.
The men deny the charges relating to the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act on 19 July at Celtic Park.
A trial date was set for December and the men were released on bail.
All eight allegedly wore shirts with an image which "displayed an image with a figure related to and in support of a proscribed terrorist organisation, namely the IRA".
Mr Quigley, from Cumbernauld, Mr Gallagher, from Glasgow and Mr Morris, from Ardrossan are also accused of displaying a banner with an image which related to the IRA.
The three men appeared in court along with Mr Townsend, from Cumbernauld, on the same papers and were represented by Paul Kavanagh.
Mr Gardner, from Pollok, Mr Forbes, from East Kilbride, and Mr Kerr and Mr Siraj, from Glasgow, are being represented by the same lawyer and appeared in the dock together

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

too many scum fans must be getting caught like these cunts below.

Eight Celtic fans are to stand trial for allegedly wearing tops bearing images supporting the IRA.
Martin Gardner, 49, John Forbes, 31, Anthony Kerr, 33, Asjad Siraj, 29, Paul Townsend, 26, Paul Quigley, 26, Ryan Gallagher, 28, and Stefan Morris, 24, appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court.
The men deny the charges relating to the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act on 19 July at Celtic Park.
A trial date was set for December and the men were released on bail.
All eight allegedly wore shirts with an image which "displayed an image with a figure related to and in support of a proscribed terrorist organisation, namely the IRA".
Mr Quigley, from Cumbernauld, Mr Gallagher, from Glasgow and Mr Morris, from Ardrossan are also accused of displaying a banner with an image which related to the IRA.
The three men appeared in court along with Mr Townsend, from Cumbernauld, on the same papers and were represented by Paul Kavanagh.
Mr Gardner, from Pollok, Mr Forbes, from East Kilbride, and Mr Kerr and Mr Siraj, from Glasgow, are being represented by the same lawyer and appeared in the dock together

Ironically, none actually from Ireland.

7 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Still to be decided I think - hence the request for submissions from all interested and relevant parties bud

The money which has been put into sending the police to video us all through the divisions must be astronomical. Would be interested to see what the split in suporters convicted and what Team they support. 

Stupid law which has cost a fortune, to criminalise working class football fans.

from the police submission, it doesn't sound like they are particularly fussed about it going. Which is interesting because their 2011 submission the Chief Police officers were "fully supportive" of the bill. 

This has nothing to do with policing and nothing to do with "being offended". It has everything to do with the SNP currying favour with the catholic vote for independence - until the law started turning on them as well. 

The whole things is an utter mess and should be scrapped immediately

To be honest, im torn on this....

Reading between the lines, this repeal will make it legal to sing in support of the IRA etc, yet they will still charge anyone who sings the 'f' word with current legislation.

The one thing that jumps out at me is the point that they are categorising 'fenian' and 'H**' as equivalents that are both punished under the OBFA act, yet from my view point, only one of them seems to be regularly enforced. That might just be a slanted view I have, but they dont seem to be treated equally.

Personally I think that they have to do one of two things :-

1. Make it an offence to sing about the IRA/UVF/H**/Fenian. Sanitise the lot of it, equally and across the board.

2. Man the fuck up and cut out the mock offence and not start charging folk for what is effectively 90 minutes of banter.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, im torn on this....

Reading between the lines, this repeal will make it legal to sing in support of the IRA etc, yet they will still charge anyone who sings the 'f' word with current legislation.

The one thing that jumps out at me is the point that they are categorising 'fenian' and 'H**' as equivalents that are both punished under the OBFA act, yet from my view point, only one of them seems to be regularly enforced. That might just be a slanted view I have, but they dont seem to be treated equally.

Personally I think that they have to do one of two things :-

1. Make it an offence to sing about the IRA/UVF/H**/Fenian. Sanitise the lot of it, equally and across the board.

2. Man the fuck up and cut out the mock offence and not start charging folk for what is effectively 90 minutes of banter.

@gogzy

WTF man......

Why is 'H**' being censored? Think we are getting a little bit sensitive, dont you think? 

Doubtful this will be overturned as the SNP administration has a hard time admitting mistakes. Starting reading it although quickly gave up but a few things stand out

-  repeal Bill referred to ‘kettling’. Whilst we do not recognise the term kittling.........can you not even spellcheck or proofread before submitting to Parliament

- It is a reality that some football clubs attract a section of supporters who are intent on causing violence.......is this remotely true with the majority of games now in Scotland? And how the fuck can Hamilton have 13 fans charged under OBA 15/16 when they probably don't even have more than a dozen fans

- It mentions "H**" and "fenian" but my understanding is that it is acceptable to label us as H*** but shouting fenians or having it on a banner is not

Lastly if this stupid law is going to remain in place It would be of benefit if the legislation defined that the offending behaviour can take the form of words, songs, chants, gestures and displays to remove some ambiguity and give the clubs and police more powers to deal with offensive banners, scarves and other displays. This last bit should hopefully result in more arrests for the unwashed.

Just now, Smile said:

Fucking Hell who can you Complain about that on a Rangers Forum.:duh:

I think you mean 'how' and because I am a fucking adult and would rather not be fucking censored.

Like my earlier post, I would rather society just manned the fuck up and stopped pretending to get offended. 

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think you mean 'how' and because I am a fucking adult and would rather not be fucking censored.

Like my earlier post, I would rather society just manned the fuck up and stopped pretending to get offended. 

Like you're Pretending to be offended now you mean that you can't use the Term H** on a Rangers Forum.

18 minutes ago, gj923 said:

- It mentions "H**" and "fenian" but my understanding is that it is acceptable to label us as H*** but shouting fenians or having it on a banner is not

The words "H**" and "Fenian" are not deemed offensive when used in isolation, but only when used as derogatory adjectives, ie..... "H** bastard" or "Fenian prick". Example - singing "Go home ya H**" is not an offence, but singing "To die a Fenian bastard" is deemed to be offensive. There is equal weighting given in the law to both words.